Outside the Lines with Bob Ley

never watched the show before, but tonight was Great. Clearly the NBA logo won't change, but the NBA needs more kids like this. If nobody else wants him, the spurs will take him :lol:

"Man on a Mission"

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

11:58 p.m. ET on ESPN

When this year's NBA draft order is determined during tonight's draft lottery, it may very well define the future of a young man named Dwight Howard. As the top high school player in the country, he could be the No. 1 overall pick in next month's draft. He leaves high school with a package of can't miss court skills that have drawn comparisons to Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudemire. He also has a deep-seated religious faith that defines his life. But this 18-year-old basketball phenom wants to take things a step further. Howard wants to imbue the NBA logo with the Christian cross in an attempt to spread Christianity. Tonight on Outside the Lines, Mark Schwarz tells the story of a young man who will rely on that faith as he enters the very adult world of the NBA -- and tries to change it. Bob Ley hosts.

Guests: Terry Cummings and Stephen A. Smith

This was on a few months back, and I really enjoyed it.. scratch that, i really enjoyed laughing histerically for about 15 minutes after Dwight Howard, a complete no name, says he wants to change the NBA logo..

:puke Dwight Howard

alot of yacking tonight ;o

That complete no name is about to be a rich rich 18 year old. He's got his head on straight, thats for sure.

great, he's not going to make it, and he's going to be living on a couple million bucks for the rest of his life as he turned down a scholarship to pretty much anywhere in the country.

EDIT: I will eat my words if he does something someday.

lol its fine, I completely understand. I have a hatred for the NBA taking away all the top prospects, it makes following recruiting no fun at all. You watch a guy for 1-2 years knowing he's gonna play for your team, then BAM the NBA comes in and robs him away.

yeah, it sounds like this kid will do fine in the NBA, I think if he wants to customize his logo on his own jersey, I'd be fine with that, but no way can you change the entire league. he'll figure it out. I really liked with terry cummings had to say. great show

Why on earth would he not succeed? He is 18, has skills similar to Kevin Garnett at the same age, and has a great work ethic, he's a very smart kid with a 3.8 gpa and 1300 SAT score. I think he will be just fine.

Damn, he'd kick my ass on the court and in class. :o

• 7 years later...