Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

Do you want to trot out MacDougal in the 6th? Ozzie was absolutely right in putting in Riske, and it was pure luck that Torii dove across the plate for a ball that was a good two-three inches outside and punched it into the seats.

Hell Yes! That was a game situation. That was a more important situation than the 8th or 9th. The game was on the line right then. Therefore, you have to put in one of your best bullpen arms. Riske is one of the WORST bullpen arms. That was a horrible, awful, indefensible decision. Standard Ozzie move.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
1. Cora shouldnt be waving anybody in that situation unless he is darn near %100 especially with less than 2 outs.

2. OZ shoulve definitely pulled JV after the 5th no questions asked.

3. OZ shoulda made Jenks pitch 9th...you make them beat your best...especially in a nonsave situation.

other than that "what new?"

MacDougal has closer experience and he should've gotten the job done. He didn't wave a runner home who had no chance and he didn't bring in the worse reliever we have to face one of their best hitters. In a situation like that we had a luxary of using MacDougal to get us through until we score and Jenks to slam the door. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Except of course this idiot reached way into the field of play and banged into Morneau. Wait until he's close to the stands before you go after him. He turned a difficult play for Morneau into an out. Gee thanks, idiot fan for making out #27.

Don't blame this on the fan, please don't. Morneau as very good at getting catching those balls and he would've caught that one. No excuses for this loss.

Did Ozzie dive across the plate for a ball clearly outside and poke a three-run homer for Minnesota? Did he hit the hanging slider from MacDougal when the best the Twins could do against Mac's fastball were bleeders back up the middle?

Jesus, shut up already and credit this loss to absolute lack of luck.

Ozzie wasn't the only one who made mistakes, but he sure made some huge ones. Do you want me to list them? Just read through the thread, they are detailed quite well. Ozzie screwed up repeatedly and has done so all season long. He simply isn't a good manager this year. He's hurting the team.

Fire Ozzie.

This sounds bad, but I'm looking forward to the end of this season. I hate this team's inconsistency, failure to win important games, and worst, the manager's use of personnel.

Ron Gardenhire is a better manager than Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
So you would of went Cotts and his 8 ERA for August in first out of the pen, and then Riske over McCarthy.

Hey thanks for putting words into my mouth.

The use of Riske was fine, I never backed up Ozzie for putting in gas can Cotts to face Morneau. Riske should have been in to face Morneau, because if Javy gave up a two-run bomb to Morneau everyone on this board would mashed their keyboards into oblivion.

I'm usually supportive of Ozzie, but I have to admit that the bullpen moves he made had to be because of instinct or gut feeling or some other crap, 'cause they made no sense at all. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time Cotts got a left hander out. He needs to go work out his kinks at AAA, cause he is hurting this team badly. The Riske thing was baseball, it happens. But had Cotts done the job, the homerun never would have happened. I think it's time for KW to step in and ask Ozzie some hard questions, like why he is not developing BMac. If he is to be inserted in the starting rotation next year, he needs to get his opportunities this year, no? The bullpen blew this game, but Ozzie put them in there. This one is on him.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:57 AM)
Basically saying that they came here to kick our ass and they look more determined. Mentioning how all their players were up on the rail rooting each other on, etc.

That's pathetic if our manager has to say that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Your an idiot, I won't respond to idiots since they don't listen. Sorry.

Yeah, I was once of the first members on this board, have poured hours into SoxTalk/FutureSox, and I'm an idiot for disagreeing with you. God forbid someone else thinks otherwise of you, the guy who believes the season is over with 30+ games left.

Good job with the personal attack and the spelling too, duders.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:58 AM)
I only listened to the end of the game, but I saw that Mack started in center again. I think thats three times in the past week. How bad was the Cora play? Was it as bad as sending AJ home against Texas?

No, but it definitely changed the momentum in a game where Radke had nothing.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Basically saying that they came here to kick our ass and they look more determined. Mentioning how all their players were up on the rail rooting each other on, etc.

IS HE f***ING SERIOUS?? That s*** means NOTHING if he knew how to manage a game, since we had it won.

Has Ozzie FINALLY figured out that his team is sleep walking and playing with no intensity and no fire? How could it have taken him this long? Is he going to do anything about it? I think if he knew how to motivate them, he would have done so by now. He's pathetic.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:58 AM)
Yeah, I was once of the first members on this board, have poured hours into SoxTalk/FutureSox, and I'm an idiot for disagreeing with you. God forbid someone else thinks otherwise of you, the guy who believe the season is over with 30+ games left.

Yep, there's no reason for his personal attack. I even advised him earlier to try and discuss things instead of not accepting other's viewpoints.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Yeah, I was once of the first members on this board, have poured hours into SoxTalk/FutureSox, and I'm an idiot for disagreeing with you. God forbid someone else thinks otherwise of you, the guy who believes the season is over with 30+ games left.

No, your not an idiot for not agreeing with me, your an idiot for defending our manager by saying one of the premier players in the AL hitting a 3 run homer off our 2nd worst relief pitcher is "luck".

:)

Does he realize he lost the game. I thought the Sox came out with alot of intensity. Even Hawk and DJ were saying that. He is throwing his own players under the bus, and he lost the game for them

Does he realize he lost the game. I thought the Sox came out with alot of intensity. Even Hawk and DJ were saying that. He is throwing his own players under the bus, and he lost the game for them

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
This sounds bad, but I'm looking forward to the end of this season. I hate this team's inconsistency, failure to win important games, and worst, the manager's use of personnel.

Ron Gardenhire is a better manager than Ozzie Guillen.

What a surprise that you think someone on the sox sucks and needs to go. The season can end the minute you stop paying attention if you really are looking forward to it.