Sox lock up MacDougal for 3 years

Kalapse

sounds good. hopefully we can have a solid 1-2-3 punch in Thorton, Macdougal and Jenks for a long time. Now we need to figure out the bottom 3... i dunno about you guys but Aardsema, Floyd, and Haegar just isn't appealing to me. Lets at least get 1 more veteran for down there.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
It'll be interesting to see what the #'s are, it's a bit risky to give a guy who has been hurt so much a three year deal.

Octavio Dotel just got a 1 year deal from the Royals no less for 5 million :bang

Wow this market is crazy. I know I sound like an old man who used to pay a dime for a cup of coffee and now pays $2, but I remember when you could get a starter for 5 million.

This deal could turn out great for the Sox if the price is right. This way they not only avoid arbitration for all 3 years they'll also have a team option for Mac's first year of free agency keeping him under White Sox control for the next 4 seasons.

Keep working your magic Herm! :pray

I really like what he brings to the table and I'm glad to have him back. I love the Indians model of tying up young talent through the arbitration years at a reasonable cost and I wish KW would do more of it. However, it's far from a remote possibility that the Macdougal trade and now this extension combine to blow up in KW's face if Lumsden tears up the league and Macdougal continues his string of injuries. But like I said, keep working your magic Mr. Herman Schneider.