Raw Eggs

shoota

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shoota @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
I've read conflicting opinions on consumption of raw eggs, and I'm asking if anyone has had a positive or negative experience with them.

I just downed 3. Tasted bad.

This is not something I have tried. Stallone chugged some raw eggs down in "Rocky." That's all I got.

Let us know if you get sick.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Balance @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
This is not something I have tried. Stallone chugged some raw eggs down in "Rocky." That's all I got.

Let us know if you get sick.

:ph34r:

Haha, will do. I've never had food poisoning, but I've heard it's one of the worst experiences some people have ever had.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
Haha, will do. I've never had food poisoning, but I've heard it's one of the worst experiences some people have ever had.

It definitely is one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

So, what inspired you to toss back some yolks?

After reading the "Holding your Wee for a Wii" thread, I'd hold back on doing things like this for a little while.

A lot of people do this when they're trying to bulk up etc. though e.g Stan's Dad in the South Park Baseball Episode.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
It definitely is one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

So, what inspired you to toss back some yolks?

My boss told me a story about his youth, how drinking 3-5 raw eggs a day for 5 days will give you a huge load.

So I thought I'd surprise the girlfriend this weekend.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
My boss told me a story about his youth, how drinking 3-5 raw eggs a day for 5 days will give you a huge load.

Ummmmmm..........ew.

Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

You are serious right?

Because if you are, that is probably the quote of the year.

From a nutritional stand point, you are digesting only a fraction of an eggs worth by eating them raw compared to eating them when they are cooked.

Each egg holds 7 grams of protein, give or take a gram, by eating it raw you are only receiving half of the 7 grams, sometimes even less.

As for raw eggs making you shoot a bigger wad of come on your girlfriend as a surprise? I find it almost impossible that raw eggs help in this department, although I do agree when I first started working out intensely when I was consuming a gram of protein per bodyweight and sometimes more per day, I was blowing off more steam.

Study:

The Journal of Nutrition Vol. 128 No. 10 October 1998, pp. 1716-1722

Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope-labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9% (cooked) and 51.3% (raw) respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = 0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein........

Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
If you wanted to bulk up with lean muscle I would suggest just eating lots and lots of cooked egg whites, raw eggs can make you have VERY loose stool FWIW.

"And now the program has reached a new low...."

:lolhitting

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wanted to bulk up with lean muscle I would suggest just eating lots and lots of cooked egg whites, raw eggs can make you have VERY loose stool FWIW.

You still need fat. I've always been a proponent of 2 full eggs with 5 egg whites in the morning. Relatively low in fat, extremely high in protein, and not very caloric. Of course if I was in a bulking phase I'd add a lot of toast, a banana/fruit, a glass of milk, and a big glass of water.

I suppose none of this helps you blow a huge load so I'm getting off topic. :P

Edit:

http://www.jizzblog.com/how-to-blow-a-huge-load/

I'm not opening this up while I'm sitting in the computer lab waiting for class to start with a hot chick beside me, but it might help.