Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I was thinking of a mix between what DBAHo and 2k said. I want to kind of change it up every week or two weeks depending on how its done and of course depending on the turnout.
  2. Happy 21st BMAC. Hope you have a good one
  3. He's been on the disabled list. I'm not positive of the injury, but I'll ask the media guy in Winston Salem when I'm there on Thursday.
  4. I think some of that money was slotted for Maggs that went to Garcia. I think in general the Sox are going to prepare for life without Maggs and if getting a pretty marketable player in Andruw Jones and a frontline pitcher in Russ ORtiz is the wya to do it, then fine by me. Then the Sox will have Garcia and Jones next year while earlier this year it looked like they would be losing Maggs. Ortiz probably wouldn't be back, but he'll be a great addition to the club and will result in two draft picks if he doesn't resign. If the Sox are willing to add some more payroll, then I think Jones/Ortiz/Everday Eddie would be a nice trio of players to acquire.
  5. WiteSoxfan has came up with a great new idea for WSC/FutureSox. It is a panel of experts. Basically a few of us FutureSox writers will sit down and individually answer questions on a weekly or biweekly basis. It will be a way for a person to get generic quetsions answered, such as, who is the best minor leaguer in the organization, what do you think of such and such. Then each expert will give their own take. Its kind of a way to get a few peoples opinions at once. Hopefully it turns out good. I'm going ot put this up before I leave on the trip and the first one will be done when we get back. So post your questions in the thread or email them to us at contact@futuresox.com
  6. Well if you get Orlando at a discounted rate they are getting a great player because other then this year he's still very talented. Then again, maybe he is done cause he's kind of been an enigma of some sort.
  7. That goes without saying. I figure Rauch or Diaz plus Munoz or so will be a part of any deal.
  8. To add to this, here are just a few of the players wree going to try and spend some time with: Chris Young, Micah Schnurstein, Daniel Haigwood, Ryan Rodriguez, Antoin Gray, Tyler Lumsden, Josh Fields, Brandon McCarthy, Sean Tracey, Andy Gonzalez, Gary Majewski, Ryan Hankins, Ryan Sweeney. Who knows how many we'll get done but we plan on being busy before the games
  9. Jolbie is a solid player Vette. I watched him play quite a few games for the Dodgers last year and my dad (Huge Dodger fan) was furious when he was let go at the end of spring. Obviously Bavasi knew damn well that he was a quality player from his time in the Dodgers org and snatched him right up. I also want to say, you guys are some top notch fans. The discussion has all been baseball and I've been left very impressed with the fans on your site, the fans that have come here, and just the overall great baseball talk that has gone on
  10. I say deal him and acquire Ortiz and Jones. I think its quite possible it would happen, although the Braves have been winning. Either way I still think the Sox could use a few pieces. Maybe get a prospect or something in the Ortiz/Jones deal as well as cash for Jones contract and then make a push at Everday Eddie.
  11. Barons Activate Ulacia, McNichol; Honel, Pacheco to the DL By Jason Gage July 6, 2004 FutureSox.com The Birmingham Barons reinstated LHP's Dennis Ulacia and Brian McNichol. The two Barons along with recently traded shortstop Mike Morse were suspended on June 21st for violating undisclosed team rules. Ulacia had worked his way into the rotation and was 5-4 with a 4.19 ERA in 17 games, 12 starts. McNichol had been one of the Barons best relievers going 3-1 with a 1.76 ERA. To make room for Ulacia and McNichol the Barons placed top prospect Kris Honel and RHP Enemencio Pacheco on the disabled list. Its quite likely that Kris Honel will be out for the season. Pacheco could also be shut down for the season as well. Both pitchers were fantastic last season with their respected affiliates and had large expectations entering the season. Honel made two appearances out of the pen after coming off the disabled list a few weeks ago. Pacheco made 3 appearances for the Barons this season, two starts, going 0-0 with a 4.35 ERA. He started the season in Charlotte. FutureSox.com will update you when we find out more on the status of Honel and Pacheco.
  12. He's back on the DL too.
  13. Here's the thing, its Maggs that keeps making it public.
  14. The thing that makes me leary about stuff like that is, that sometimes you see older quotes and those quotes may of been before the Sox came back to Maggs with a new offer, which has been an undisclosed amount.
  15. Ya guys inspired me back into the groove. I'm gonna put up a new piece as well before I leave on my trip called Promote me Already. Its gonna be on players that deserve to be promoted. Then on the new site, I'm going to have a small spot of the page dedicated to a few players that are worthy of a promotion and those stats will be updated like weekly or something. Also, for a little time table on the new site, its just the php portion thats still needed to be done. The actual design is finished but the backend and article portions needs to be finalized, so its half way there.
  16. Brandon McCarthy Makes His Warthog Debut By Jason Gage July 6, 2004 FutureSox.com Brandon McCarthy was slated to make his Warthog debut on the 4th of July. His debut would have to wait till the 5th as the 4th of July game at Ernie Shore Field was rained out. This left McCarthy on 10 days rest, as he was listed as unable to pitch by the Chicago White Sox in the South Atlantic League All Star game. The wait was worth it for the young McCarthy, who went 5 solid innings giving up 5 hits and 3 runs. Initially it may not appear as one of McCarthy's best games or even a good game, but the interesting fact was that McCarthy was basically gassed after the first inning. Brandon battled for five innings though keeping his club in the game and leaving with a 5-3 lead. His velocity was in the 91-93 MPH range and his control was sharp, which was noted by Warthogs announcer Alan York during the game. McCarthy left the game with an opportunity for a win, but the Warthogs pen would blow the lead. The Warthogs offense batltled back and Byeong Hak An (1-5) picked up the win. Outfielders Ryan Sweeney, Darren Blakley, and Thomas Brice had big nights. Sweeney led the attack going 3-4 with a HR (4), 2 runs, and 4 RBI. Brice picked up two hits to raise his avg. to .196 . Blakley, Rogowkski, and Andy Gonzalez also had two hits a-piece for the Hogs.
  17. Personally to me its starting to look like for whatever reason the Sox brass isn't too high on Baj. I don't get it, the guy is a good character individual who can pitch. He may be a little old for AA, but he had an injury and the only reaosn he's in AA this year is because the Knights bullpen has been strong.
  18. I dunno. The logic makes sense, but Maggs isn't that type of guy. He seems really antsy to get back and I think the Sox and Maggs will end up getting something worked out. The Sox organization seems to be changing the way they go about or at least its my opinion that they are. I'm hoping Garcia was the start of it, but that resigning Maggs and making another move or two will be some more signs of it.
  19. That happened to my sisters computer adn they've been higlighted for a while. Only thing I can think of is right clicking on the start menu and look at the icons portio and see if somehow you can change the display of the icons.
  20. It will be a 9 central time start.
  21. It will start at 9 central time
  22. Game is getting ready to start
  23. Well thats a little different then him saying he wishes he was in Minnesota. To me he regrets the fact that he signed for a team that is in last place and is dealing its better players (no offense although the trades are for the good for the Mariner organization). I think Eddie just wants to play with a winner. I'm sure his heart is in Minnesota at least partially though. They were the first team to really give him a shot and the Twins were always a pretty close knit group. However, I don't see the Twins making any big time deals at the deadline. Most reports are that they will stick with their current team, but their GM Ryan has usually made a deal or two at the deadline.
  24. Thanks for that info. In regards to Crede, what was reported here was that Williams was going to demand a window to negotiate a deal with Garcia but when the Mariners decided they would take either Reed instead of Crede that the Sox pulled the trigger. It may of very well been the other way around though, who knows. I was thinking Spiezo started on the DL, then went back on it again shortly after coming off and was thinking it must of been lingering (but I dont' followt he Mariners like you do). I will say this, from the few times I've seen him this year, he is nothing like the player I watched in Anaheim for a few years, although I think he can easily regain that form. Cali...I'm pretty sure he was a Sox fan, but not positive.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.