Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I didn't put it in the piece, but I just want to say congrats to Bmac. He's been pitching fantastic for the Intimidators and he definately deserved this callup. Keep kicking butt Bmac
  2. Brandon McCarthy Promoted to Winston Salem By Jason Gage June 29, 2004 FutureSox.com Brandon McCarthy, 20, will join the Sox best prospects in Winston Salem following todays South Atlantic League All Star game. McCarthy is expected to travel with the Warthogs to Virginia and will make his first start on July 4th at home against the Kingston Indians. The Indians were the best team in the Carolina league in the first half of the season. However, they are off to an 0-4 start this year. McCarthy has moved from being a sleeper prospect to a hot prospect. His final four starts in Kannapolis were fantastic. He went 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA. He compiled a whopping 36 strikeouts compared to just two walks over that span while giving up 17 hits. On the season McCarthy was 7-5 with a 3.78 ERA in 14 starts. He struck out 103 batters in 88 innings of work, walked 21, and gave up just 73 hits. McCarthy will team up with Sean Tracey to form a pretty formidable 1-2 punch in Winston Salem. Tracey has been the Warthogs ace all season, and one of their lone bright spots in the rotation. He is 4-6 with a 2.80 ERA in 14 starts. He has given up just 56 hits in 70.2 innings of work, but has struggled with control at times (38 walks). With McCarthy, Anderson, Sweeney, Lumsden, and Fields the Warthogs have the most major league upside of any minor league team in the Sox organization. However, it has yet to be seen whether all this potential will result in wins, something the Hogs didn't do enough of in the first half of the season.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    OUCH...its hurts just looking at that pic.
  4. I dunno, 7.5 mill is pretty cheap for Moyer considering the numbers he puts up. Thats assuming he can go out and pitch his ass off once again next season.
  5. Sox just need to focus on playing ball and doing there thing. Let the Twins do what they want. They are still the frontrunners for this division and will be until the Sox have the division clinched. I've leraned one thing over the years and thats no matter what don't count out the Twins. They play good baseball and get wins and well have been the playoffs more then we have this decade.
  6. s***, I didn't think of it that way. I think we all know I've said Fontaine is one of the best non GM's in baseball and I long thought it was a big loss when he left to team back up with Billy Bavasi. I know MOrse is talented though, its just when I saw him, he had a real awkard look to him although I saw some of that potential.
  7. I dunno, depends on how many people were bidding for me Sounds like an awesome jersey though Steff. I saw a couple of them when I was in Chicago and was like damn thats nice and with the autos on, it just makes it even sweeter.
  8. Damn, I was thinking you stumbled upon a picture of me at the tournament
  9. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    f***, he passed out at 69 meters. This is just comedy.
  10. Chisoxfn replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    Steff 6% total is the avg. 3% to the selling agent and 3% to the buying agent. However, at least in my area a lot of people do 4% or 5% total. If its 4% then typically the listing agent will take 1.5% with the selling agnet getting 2.5%. I don't know though, it may be different in your neck of the woods. Agents don't have to do jack s*** out here to sell a house right now. Also if you end up buying a house from your listing agent, then you should get it done a lot less.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to cwsox's topic in SLaM
    Happy Bday CWSguy. Hope you have a good one
  12. Rex, I do assure you I'm gonna get my ass out their sooner or later though. Maybe right at the end when Fields/Anderson get called up.
  13. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in FutureSox Board
    I think John Hurd or another one of the Sox picks last year also had a knuckleball. He mixed it with a pretty good fastball if I recall. Hurd is the name that sticks out, but I confuse him with a couple other pitchers drafted by the Sox last year so I could be off on the name.
  14. Kip Wells would be the pitcher I'd want (although I'm thinking something is up with him cause his numbers have went funkist). However, it still brings in a big long term contract and if the Sox have Elo/Freddy/Maggs all as potential walkouts then I'd hate to see Kendall as the reason all of them leave or something along those lines. I like Kendall, but I think their are other more important needs at this point and other cheaper, better defensive options (Schnider).
  15. He'll be a Padres, book it. He loves San Diego and he'll say its the only team he'll accept a deal to so he can go back.
  16. As much as Kendall, Benson, Mesa would be helpful I wouldn't do that deal. Their are better ways to spend that money and PItt would have to give them to us for free (player wise and salary wise) for it to make sense (whose to say they won't). I'm just not a Kris Benson fan although he has had a couple of good outings as of late.
  17. The only comments I really take into account are the fact that these playesr really seemed to think Garcia was a frontline pitcher and thats something I love to hear.
  18. If Elo is willing to sign a contract similar to what Buehrle got then I think he stays. Personally I think Maggs will probably be gone at the end of teh season and that the Sox will reup with Elo and Garcia. They will then look to add a quality reliever and of course another bat or two (left handed). I could see them resigning everyone pretty much if this team goes deep in the playoffs and fan support keeps growing. However, I think at the very least Jose Valentin's bat will be replaced by Joe Borchard (who will be playing OF) with Harris and Uribe up the middle and Valdez on the bench as a utility man.
  19. Morse has some talent, but I still think the stars have to align for him to make it at the major league level.
  20. Good stuff Dan and s*** Bmac doing his thing.
  21. For once you don't hear me b****ing about Valentin...and that says something I'd still like to see him cut down on his k's though.
  22. Personally I think any of the guys I mentioned would be good pickups. Personally I like Zaun or Schneider because they are better defensively and both are solid offensively. Zaun could possibly be had relatively cheap though and who knows maybe Schneider could be too cause he's due arbitration. Plus both are left handed bats (well Zaun is switch) which is nice.
  23. Agreed, u know me, I'm not one to ever saw a GM went back on their word. For all we know KW is saying this for leverage. Ozzie said it yesterday, we plan on keeping Maggs and they will stick to that line. Why, first off, because they don't want it to look like he's gone because he may have to play here and they don't want to ruin relationships for future contract negtotiations. Plus, if they are trying to make a trade, you gotta make it seem like you don't want to deal them and the Sox can easily say hey, Maggs is our star, give us a s***load for him or don't get him at all. Were a very good team with him. GM's gotta say things to keep the players happy and what not at times. Plus, I think almost all Sox fans love Maggs and would hate to lose him (myself included, even though I"m more then open to the idea of dealing him).
  24. I posted that quote as well in one of the threads. To me its a pretty bold statement and sure it can be BS, but for whatever reason, I'm gonna take Kenny's word. He's sometimes said if the right offer came along we'd have to accept, but I don't think he'd be out their actively shopping him. If a deal goes down with Atlanta, look for it to be a deal that puts the team over the top, with the Sox keeping Maggs like Jim and SSirish have suggested.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.