Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Plus count me as someone in the camp that thinks Garland is pretty damn good. He seems to have the luck Buehrle had most of last year, so I'm kind of predicting that he will have a Buehrle like 2nd half this year. I expect and we will see big things from Jon G in the second half of the season, imo. Oh ya, anyone know if Scho's injury could potentially be more serious then we think. I still think he could turn into a weak spot in the rotation. He won't be as bad as what the Sox had in the 5 slot, but he still isn't what I want if the race is close. Getting Russ Ortiz or another good pitcher, would make the Sox chacnes that much better to make the playoffs and remember, they can't win the series without first winning the division or the wild card.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to WSoxShuf's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I think 9 mill this year and next year, which makes him a definate no. The Sox should see what Davis and the current core can do. As long as the players can come up with the ocassional timely hit, drop the bunt, suceed in the hit and run, and of course call a good game while playing good defense, than that is satisfactory for now. IF they need more offense by the deadline, then they can address that. I'd say that the idea of Jones in CF, Rowand in RF (Borchard eventually in RF) and Ortiz joining hte pithcing staff with Juan Cruz in the pen is what intrigues me next (I will continue to say this, lol).
  3. So what do you guys think to Garcia signing like a 4 yr 32 mill deal with maybe a club option for the 5th year. It seems to me like 8 mill a year would be a good deal for both sides.
  4. Here is the thing, let Maggs walk or have Jones here this year and the next 3 years to me is a no brainer. The fact the Sox also get Russ Ortiz and Juan Cruz makes it more fantastic because it gives the Sox more good pitching, which is what they will need. I love Maggs, but we have a good offense and Jones, while not Maggs offensively, is a good offensive player that will fit in with other good offensive players in Chicago. Borchard, Rowand, Lee is an outfield that scares the hell out of me next year. Now having Jones, Lee and one of Borchard/Rowand play isn't quite as scary. Plus if the Sox say they can get Garcia signed then I expect it to happen relatively shortly. KW doesn't do contract negotitations, he just agrees to the finally terms and maybe has some ocassional involvment. From what i understand Rick Hahn is in charge of them, although Kenny and of course ownership have the final say. This means Kenny can still work the phones while Hahn can fully concentrate on getting Garcia inked long term. I want him here and I want him signed long term now.
  5. I dunno, didn't KW give up on Rick White relatively quick as well as D'Angelo Jimenez. I mean, he stuck around with him for half a season and called it quits on him. Kw seems to admit his mistakes. The only guy he really stuck with was Todd Ritchie and Royce Clayton.
  6. No, not if Garcia leads to the Sox to the playoffs. I don't want to sit back and watch. The Sox have done that for years (minus last year) and it hasn't gotten them somewhere. They are finally gonna try and grab the series by the horns and not wait for it to fall in their lap but go and get it. Who knows if it will work, but I like this approach a heck of a lot better. Plus, if you go out and make a push, then your gonna improve attendance, which bottomline is what its going to take to continue to make this club better and better (ie, higher payroll).
  7. When it comes to the back end of the rotation, I think a quality start deserves a different value, but when it comes to the front of the rotation, it should have a higher value. Bottom line is, a quality start from your 4th and 5th is to basically keep you in the game and ocassionally win you a game, but from your frontline pitchers it is for them to go out and grab the game and win the game for ya.
  8. I actually am in the camp that likes the deal and am now hoping the Sox can do the rumored Maggs deal. Resign Freddy, get Andruw and all of a sudden you have at least two guys that help this team now and will be here a few years from now. I also think the Sox would have a shot at resigning one of Elo/Ortiz at the end of the season meaning they'd have a rotation of Buehrle, Garland,Ortiz, Garcia (in no particular order) for the next few years, leaving one opening for someone like Cotts, etc. If their is one thing I've figured out in baseball, its that having good pitchers and some stability in the rotation, that can really help you be a juggernaut and some type of dynasty. Plus a rotation of Buerhle, Garcia, Elo, Ortiz and Garland would be some kind of nasty with Scho, Cruz, Politte, Marte, Shingo, Adkins, Cotts in the pen.
  9. Its good to have ya back Matt and you missed a pretty wild day. From the Andruw Jones/Russ Ortiz rumor to the Sox win, to the Freddy Garcia deal and of course my Cal State Fullerton Titans winning it all!!!!
  10. Chisoxfn replied to Reddy's topic in SLaM
    Hey Brando, how are things going with your acting?
  11. Would you rather of acquired Freddy Garcia for Paul Konerko (supposedly that along with a prospect would of gotten the Sox Freddy Garcia at the beginning of the season) or given up Olivo and Reed while keeping Konerko. The same Konerko who has an OBP above .360, 19 HR's and over 50 RBI before the all star break? Just throwing it out there, for all I know you may still of rather kept Miguel, personally I love the way Paulie is playing. He is drawing a ton more walks and really is hitting for power and more surprisingly, he seems to be hitting for power to the opposite field, something he has never done until this season.
  12. Ya, thats what I meant by him using his own stats. I think he considers 7 innings a quality start or something along those lines. It was either 6 innings and 2 runs or 7 innings and 3 runs to qualify for a quality start if I recall using his method.
  13. Neither of them are lazy, they probably just were looking at different stats or maybe Juggs was going off his own stats kind of.
  14. Yes, those are true.
  15. Heck ya it is, but I think this rumor is going to die down although I fully believe Kenny will pull the trigger on at least one more deal, possibly two. He's not only going to try and set up this team to make the playoffs, but to go all the way.
  16. Folks, the option wasn't Crede or Olivo it was Crede or Reed and personally I think Crede has a lot more upside then Reed and he's already playing at the major league level and has shown flashes of being a Scott Rolen like 3rd baseman. I know he was slumping early on and he still has to shorten his swing, but he has 30 HR power and should hit in the upper .200's while playing GG defense. It does suck that Miguel is gone, but the Sox got a very good frontline pitcher and that is what wins ball games.
  17. Ya, if he feels that attendance would go up as well and I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that the fan support is going to keep growing and growing. I like whats going on in the South Side of Chicago right now!!!!
  18. Dont' look at me, I always like getting in discussion with other people when I disagree. Heck, the whole Andruw Jones thread had like 20 pages of back and forth excellent discussion. However, in Jeckle's case, I am not going to knock him. He's an enthusiastic Sox fan who I feel makes a lot of knee jerk reactions. Nothing wrong with that, he still bleeds silver and black and thats what matters. We are all Sox fans and a lot of us have different visions of what is best but were all rooting for the Sox to be the best and thats what matters Hell look at me and Brando. I have a lot of respect for his knowledge, but usually the two of us disagree quite often on ideas, but we both learn the other side of the argument and I think most of the time the two of us see each others argument and understand where they came from. Hell lately I've been agreeing with Brando more and more often, which could maybe mean the Sox are getting closer to figuring everything out
  19. 99% means nothing until its done. I do like the idea that he wanted a 72 hr, that tells me he at least has been given the approval from JR to sign him long term.
  20. If the Sox deal Maggs, I guarantee every writer out there will be saying how Maggs told the Sox he wouldn't resign unless he got 5 yr 15 mill and the Sox coudln't and wouldn't do it. Spin it that way and land Jones, etc and you got yourself a winnable situation, plus I fullly believe Jones is a very marketable player.
  21. Sounds to me like the Sox are gonna try and sign him pretty quickly and if that happens I'll really be stoked.
  22. To me Garland is the better starter and he goes much deeper in games. I also don't like Garland as much out of the pen as Scho. Just my 2 cents. I love the idea of getting Ortiz now though.
  23. I just realized something. The Sox for the 2nd straight time have traded one of the players on the future game roster before the game. Last year it was Royce Ring. Just a little odd ball observation.
  24. Could u imagine Jon Garland as the 5th starter, Scho out of the pen, and Ortiz as a 4...it would be downright filthy. Plus you have Jones patrolling center.
  25. Their were rumors of a: Jones/Ortiz/Cruz for Maggs/Prospects deal.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.