Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Heck ya, other then his past start or two, he'd had gotten himself into a groove and still has a pretty damn respectable ERA (4.19 or so) and is just a good start or two from being back in the 3's. He's not doing what he did last year, but he isn't whast wrong with the club and I could easily see him putting it back together and really going on a role.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Haha, I'll always joke and say that prevented me from the majors, but I think it had more to do with the fact I had absolutely zero velocity
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    He was really busting the guys in, but also throwing strikes. Me likey, he's good when he goes right at em. Sure you'll get beat every once in a while, but usually if you have good mechanics and good stuff, more often then not you'll get the job done.
  4. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Come on Elo, get Walker right here. Damn, Walker with a nice 2 out single. Patterson is up right here. Todd Walker is a damn good hitter. This is definately a big at bat here for patterson. Elo needs to get out of this unsaved. 1 pitch one out..Patterson grounds out to Wee Willie
  5. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Elo is throwing strikes. Its absolutely huge if he can get a 1-2-3 inning here. To me there is never a bigger statement than a pitcher going out and shutting down teh other team after your offense picks up some runs for ya. I remember how when I would pitch, when my team scored runs I'd just go out and throw strikes and let them go and I could really ease into a groove and feel comfortable and get really effective. I'd just rock and fire and throw strikes and you could really get your team to stay in the game and knock the opponents out of the game.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I just want the Sox to take care of business. I've long said if they play good baseball, it doesn't matter what any other team outside of the team were playing does. Lets go Sox Lets go Titans (they are down 2-0 to Texas).
  7. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I want to see the replay. It was a tremendous throw, but it looked like Miguel was in by quite a bit. He had a tremendous jump and his head was on the bag when the tag came in or so it looked, so I'd have to think his hands definately beat the ball to the bag.
  8. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Olivo hits a routine grounder to 3rd but Aramis bobbles it and Olivo is safe at 1st. I just watn to say, watching that swing you just saw Miguel taking off hard down the basepath and then the camera pans to Ramirez who botches the ball. That is why you need to bust your ass everytime. Maybe Ramirez just botched it, but maybe he saw Olivo hauling ass down that line and thought hey, I gotta hurry, and bam, made the error. Miguel just got run up at 2nd and I thought he was safe, but a great throw by Paul Bako...absolutely perfect.
  9. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    No matter what, Elo needs to come out throwing strikes next inning. Maddux just made a fantastic play on Crede.
  10. When you think about it, he stopped pitching inside at some point last season. He was still effective, but your right, teams now are laying off of it and since he isn' pitching in they are starting to feel comfortable. He needs a few outings where he is just going out trying to get the rep of being a head hunter. Throw the damn ball in, in, and inner.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Timo....YESSSSS 6-4 Sox
  12. Majewski had his first rough game in a while. Borchard and Reed were both hitless.
  13. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    With Goowin in right, you run all day long.
  14. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I would of said that the Sox would of been screwed. It would of meant that Diaz was hit hard, but that Elo and JG probably sucked. The Sox can still get this game, Elo is more then capable of getting in a groove and shutting the cubs out the rest of the way. Come on Sox
  15. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    He's still doing way better then his career numbers (minus last year).
  16. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    A hard cutter or slider in on the hands of a lefty. That was pretty.
  17. Thats the pitch he would throw inside on hitters and he just isn't throwing it any more. The 2 seamer typically gives you a little more velocity and your right, he isn't throwing it much of all this year. He's either going cutter or 4 seamer. If he mixes the 2 seamer back into the mix, you'll see a pitch effectively used up and in that would also come to the batters a little harder, adding a little bit more velocity variance, something Elo did incredibly well last year with all 3 fastballs he threw. Then he mixed that with his slider and changeup quite well. You just need to watch tape, last year Elo went right at hitters, this year he isn't really. He's still been effective, but I think thats whats leading to the homers. The fact he's not throwing the 2 seamer in or anything in allows the hitters to reach and really bomb the pitches up in the zone and outside (yes they are mistakes, but they are mistakes that can be averted by pitching inside.
  18. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    You can even see the guys leaning over on the swings. He needs to start busting in. Hawk is pretty right on when he makes assessments like that. I remember saying this type of stuff early in the season and then Elo seemed to go a little bit more back to it and was doing better. I sure hope he talks to Elo because Elo has the ability to pitch inside and it really really sets up that outside pitch. He did a nice job of that in the sequence to Derrek Lee in the 2nd inning where he was going inside and then threw a beautiful outside slider.
  19. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Hawk just now mentioned Dye as well, but I swear, seeing that replay it looked like complete DeJaVu of the foul off his leg in the game against the Yanks in the playoffs. Speaking of which, Hollandsworth is a good player. I remember a few of us wanting the Sox to pick him up this offseason. He's one of the few Cubs I like.
  20. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    This looks Jermaine Dye ish.
  21. Brando, remind me to wait till the end of the game before I respond to these type of threads again I stick to what I say, but he's looking like crap today. He's just not throwing strikes and he's living outside. He's letting hitters lean over the plate. Last year he'd go inside and brush guys back all day making that outside pitch so damn effective. Coop or someone needs to lay into him and whoop his ass a bit (figuratively speaking).
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Coop, get your ass out there.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    f*** me, that was an absolute meatball to Sosa. It was a ball, but up and in his eyes offspeed. You can't do that. Elo, the Sox give you run support and you come out throwing balls, it just can't happen. Throw strikes.
  24. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Count goes Full once again. Come on Elo get Sosa to hit into an inning ending double play.
  25. Yes he can, he just has to pitch inside more. Elo still has good movement on his pitches and solid control. He'll be just fine, although I have noticed he no longer has that fastball, although I've seen him get it up their on rare ocassion. I also think the Sox gun is just off this year, because Prior wasn't throwing hard at all in his start against the Sox and I was at his previous start in Wrigley and according their gun he was throwing as hard as he was pre injury, which makes me think the tv gun the Sox use may play at least some effect. Hawk also brought up the effect he isn't pitching inside much. I also believe Elo isn't throwing his change near as much as he was last year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.