Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Ya, I made mention of this yesterday. Jones hits righties better then lefties historically so while he isn't the left handed bat everyoen seeks, he still puts up the production we want against right handed pitching. I firmly believe, if the Sox acquired him that he would have at least one 50 HR .275 type year. IF not 50, then 45 Hr's and that doesn't even begin to mention his stellar defense.
  2. Who knows who the pitching prospects are. It could be Munoz and Rauch or Rauch and Diaz which could make some sense. They get some young arms that can pitch in the majors now and Maggs whose really good offensively.
  3. Who knows, but maybe Atlanta has some other deals up their sleeves. You never know. Thats what was reported in Atlanta and it was before the Garcia deal. All I know is I'd jump all over it.
  4. Lets all cool down on the swearing fellas. I realize some are upset, but theri has been some really harsh swearing. We all know i'm not one to complain about stuff like that...but "Will somebody please think of the children" (Simpsons Quote). Anyway, just want to make sure cooler heads prevail
  5. The funny thing about your sig is. Look at Eminems quote and in a sense..this trade is kind of like that.
  6. I was talking to Ian on aim and he mentioned that someone posted something on WSI from a radio station out there. They reported at the end of the Braves game that this deal could happen within the week: Maggs and pitching prospects for Jones/Ortiz/Cruz Now remember this was before the Sox had acquired Garcia, but I'd do this deal assuming Bmac isn't a part of the trade..
  7. I got a feeling KW has already been in some type of negotiations with Garcia. Their is something he isn't telling us cause KW seems to have a real odd smirk on his face. Something else is gonna go down and I think Garcia will be here. All I know is this, give me Garcia, Jones, Cruz here for the next year years and i'll be happy. The Sox also get Ortiz who can really push this staff over the top and probably let him walk and get the same compensation they would of gotten for Maggs walking, but now they have a future CF, a good young pitcher in Cruz and of course Freddy and this team is looking damn good now and in a few years.
  8. Well, what if the deal was Jones/Smoltz for Magglio/Rauch. I don't know if the Braves would do this, but if I'm the Sox, you get Jones for a few years, get a closer for this year (I know Shingo is awesome, but wow, Smoltz) and well frankly its just an interesting scenario. I do know one thing, I really was liking the idea of having Andruw Jones in CF for the next few years.
  9. That has to be the other info that KW wasn't going to give up.
  10. Chisoxfn replied to Soxfest's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I'd say the deal is more likely then ever. The Sox could use some other guys as bait or what not. Just because the Sox got their starter, doesn't mean they aren't looking to free up some payroll and this move would free up Ortiz's salary next year and would also strengthen the pen as Scho could come back in the bullpen (although I doubt he would like that) or he could even be part of the deal. Who knows, but I wouldn't say it isn't a possibility. Who knows, maybe something like Scho/Maggs/Rauch for Jones/Ortiz/Estrada/Cruz
  11. Well Sandy was getting the majority of the starts behidn the plate. Not saying Sandy is great, but Burke will end up replacing Olivo and the fact is Miguel wasn't getting all that much playing time and none of the pitchers seemed to want to throw to him. Ben Davis has the exact opposite rap and I firmly believe he could be the sleeper of this deal a year or two from now.
  12. There was one big difference, their was a bigger market for Garcia. The Yanks, Dodgers, Red Sox and White Sox were all in the picture and I wouldn't be shocked to find out if other teams were. When it came to Beltran no one was really hot and the Royals GM had been saying he wanted to move him immediately. If you ask me, Alan Baird was the fool and in this instance Bavasi was a smart GM. Plus the best pitcher on the market should command more then the best hitter on the market, imo.
  13. I've long been a fan of Inge's and I think we all know that Hawk and DJ like Inge. No clue how long he's on the DL for, but he is a solid player. However, he's young and I don't know if the TIgers would be too interested in dealing him.
  14. I'd take him. I know theirs probably some hatred and all, but the guy flat out was a competitor for the Twinkies and he's the exact type of player I'd like on this club. However, I was soured by some of the reports in San Fran earlier in the year about pitchers not liking them. The Twins pitchers really seemed to like him though. I just wonder what it would cost. He's a left handed bat, plays the game right, and would definately be a good pickup.
  15. Well, I'd say you could maybe pull Jose Molina from Anaheim. Although they'd want major league help in return, so its probably pretty damn unlikely. I'd say Charles Johnson would be the most realistic option. I think this is a contract year for him to and I doubt the Rockies would be looking for much. However, I'd like to get a left handed hitting catcher if at all possible.
  16. Guys, I'd say you throw Morse out of this. He may be able to make it, but it won't be as a middle infielder and I still think his swing has some major flaws.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to aboz56's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Thats freaking sick Ian
  18. Oh ya, I should add, Garcia is an ace and who knows, but I think its safe to say another deal is coming up.
  19. Off the top of my head he's a switch hitter.
  20. Its definately a possibility. I've just been thinking a bit about htis deal and for a long time I have had a sneaking suspicion that the White Sox didn't like Miguel Olivo. It was evident by the fact none of the pitchers wanted to pitch to him. It was further made evident when Buerhle wanted Burke (who really never caught him other hten a few bullpen sessions) to catch him over Miguel. While Miguel has a great arm, he doesn't have a quick release and we still have to see whether he cna hit right handed pitching. The Sox just got an ace pitcher and who knows, maybe they can look to Anaheim for one of the Molina's for a catcher or somewhere else. Miguel was the Sox 9 hole hitter and played only partially. Ben Davis still has the potnetial that made him a #1 pick and behind the plate he's talented. He's also supposed to call a good game and frankly who knows if Walker can fix him. I don't know if he's going to do it or not, but if he hits .250 he's a valuable player.
  21. Ben Davis was considered a stud catching prospect a few years ago when he came up in the Padres organization. He's alwasy been a very impressive defensive catcher who has never been able to hit. The Pads gambled and dealt him to the Mariners for Brett Tomko (i think thats one of the guys they got) in what was a decent size deal. Actually it was more the Mariners that gambled. The Mariners thought he'd turn into a star catcher, but he never did. He still has some upside though and is very good behind the plate.
  22. Hold on let me call Chicken Little I'll say this, I was nervous as hell, but the Sox stepped it up this weekend. Keep it up White Sox and lets see the Sox in 1st place at the break
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    CSUF YEEESSS!!!!!!
  24. Titans win it all... :cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.