Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Well, Rauch only had 80 pitches, so I'm gonna assume that the Sox were going to prefer to turn it over to the bullpen a little early simply because they wanted Rauch to leave the game on a high note and not chance him messing it up.
  2. Now the Sox are going to be really desperate for the trade. Hopefully Scoh's problem isn't too serious. Another negative is, teams have to know this and they are gonna ask for a lot in return. I do think with Beltran moved, your gonna see some deals go down now.
  3. Isn't turner field a decent hitters park. Maybe I'm wrong, I know its not a small park, but I always though the stadium had pretty high homerun numbers. Well, its not as small as the Cell, but its not Safeco either.
  4. I like Ortiz. He throws a lot of pitches and sometimes fails to go deep into games, but he's a good pitcher. I wonder what the Braves would be getting. I hope the Sox could somehow do the deal without giving up a top prospect, however, you have to give something to get something. Anyone know what Ortiz's contract is? Also, you'd have to think Rauch helped his trade value with yesterdays outing.
  5. Someone from the Spurs also comes from Fullerton, a pretty good player, but I'm having a brain cramp right now. I really like Sowe. He's a good athlete with great touch around the hoop for a suppoosedly raw player. HELL OF A WIN FOR FULLERTON THOUGH
  6. Control could be better and he doesn't really throw much of a brekaing pitch. He has a hard slider. HE may also throw a brekaing pitch on ocassion, but I've only seen him pitch a couple times. Twice in Charlotte and once in spring training. As far as his delivery, it seems pretty smooth and he is willing to go inside, go upstairs with the fastball which I like.
  7. Unless something has changed, he was throwing HARD, 95+ when I saw him pitch. I don't think he ever hit higher then 97, but it was a hard fastball with some movement and he'd go right at him. Don't know if its a good thing or not, but I'd compare his style to Koch, in terms of a gun slinging demeanor.
  8. He's playing with the Padres now. I saw he had a couple RBI's in I think yesterdays game. He was part of the Jimenez deal along with Alex Fernandez. I remember writing something about Quintero back on SoxNet (it was like my 2nd ever minor league report) and I was always enamored with his defensive ability. This season he's flashed some signs with the bat and the Pads seem high on him, even though they have Hernandez.
  9. That and the rotating banner. I think it started when Cheat created the official bandwith saving thread. Then I added to it, by doming some of the more server harming scripts. Don't expect to see that error message anytime soon though, it will be taken care of.
  10. I'd say right now, its anyones race between the Tribe, Twins and Sox. I see no reason why the Tribe coudln't do it though. They have fantastic young hitters and have some good pitchers (Lee, C.C., etc). They are for real and are going to be good. Heck, you almost wonder if they would pull the string on a deal or two. They have plenty of pieces to dangle without weakening their situation.
  11. Josh, just want to say, I enjoy these things. Thanks and Keep up the good work
  12. If the Sox are going to unload Jackson they could always go with Baj or Majewski. Both have been very promising in AA and AAA respectively. Majewski got roughed up in the spring and started the season rough in Charlotte, but since then he has been fantastic and I've always felt he has the best pure fastball in the Sox system (well up until some of the selections in this years draft). Then you have Baj who like we all know has dominated. What I want to know is, why not give these guys a chance. I know Jackson is notorious for being an incredibly great clubhouse guy, but he's killing the Sox in late games and at this point Marte and Shingo are all the Sox have. Adkins has been good, but seems to be seldom used and Cotts has been in a funk. If the Sox had any what of a surplus of arms, Cotts would be in AAA working out of the rotation because he needs consistent pitching. Him and Adkins really have gone in streaks where they almost never get used and then all of a sudden their out in a big time pressure situation.
  13. Ya, however, the people on the ESPN roundtable were mentioning his name like he was a Bull. Personally I like the Deng pick. He's gonna be a pretty damn good player and well, Gordon somewhat ponders me, but the guy can flat shoot and score and is a good all around player. It is a small backcourt though.
  14. The Bulls want college guys. Why do they keep acting like Vroman is going to be part of the Bulls. Did the Bulls end up keeping that pick and using somethign else in the Phoenix deal for #7. Personally I like the Duhon selection, although I think the Bulls could use a big man. Duhon can play defense, is smart, and is exactly the type of player you want off the bench. He also has big time experience.
  15. Did the Bulls just take Duhon?
  16. This is far from the truth. I have cut the bandwith in half over the previous months so this problem will be taken care of.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Agreed, put Derrek Lowe in that deal or a few prospects that could be used to land Freddy Garcia and then were talking.
  18. I'd think it would be Winsdor and I hope it is. They gotta play this like an elimination game.
  19. Call it a hunch, but I think the Bulls land Pierce and Harrington.
  20. I'm almost positive the two have similar contracts, since both are still in their rookie deal, and Sam Smith (I know, he's not very reliable) reported it as something being discussed. He also mentioned Seattle having interest in Chandler in what would be a 3 way deal to land Harrington (without the pick being involved). Either way, if the Bulls could get Harrington for just Chandler (Seattle would be supplying the contracts, I'm assuming to even out the deal and probably a pick for Indian) or Caron Butler I'd be very happy. If they land Butler, it gives them a good small forward that makes the selection of Gordon a lock. However, I'd rather have Harrington, by far.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I'm at that point too...then again, everyteam hits a slump, maybe thats all this is.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Be afraid if he moves to the pen. I think if the Sox make the playoffs, he'll probably be the odd man out and go to the pen, but he doesn't want to pitch out of the pen and he will cause problems, imo. He was furious with the Angels when it happened. He moved to the pen willingly, knowing the next spring he could go back into the rotation and the angels had a void in their rotation and went another way. It really upset him and eventually he kind of forced his way out and he came to Chicago.
  23. That would almost bee too fantastic for the Bulls. Erob has a lot of talent though, I still believe that. He's a good shooter wtih great athletic skills. The only thing I'll miss out in losing the pick is not getting Jackson, cause I think he's a heck of a player. However, to lose a contract, and pick up Harrington, that would be fantastic. They Bulls would also still have the capabilities to acquire Paul Pierce, if they wanted. IT would obviously involve Chandler, the #3 and of course some contracts (AD or whoever) and who knows if Boston would do that. But Hinrich, Pierce, Harrington, Curry at the center would be nice. Bulls do have some money with different types of exceptions where they could land a good PF and then of course use the 2nd round picks to hopefully find some decent big men or what not. Plus they still have JYD coming off the bench.
  24. From what I heard, the rumor was the pick and Erob or another contract. It has to be that way. FOr a while I kept thinking, Harrington had to make more then Chandler and finally looked and he does.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I've long thought about that type of idea, but to me the Sox would also need to get a good prospect in return, something where if you do lose out on Garcia at the end of the year, you still have something to show for losing Maggs. I also think this would work with Konerko and just made a post on it before catching your post.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.