Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
6/14 Games
All I know is the guy can supposedly fly.
-
6/14 Games
Great to see Reed with a nice game.
-
Nanita Demoted, Brice and Becker Promoted
Richard Nanita Sent to Kannapolis, Brice to Winston Salem, and Becker to Birmingham By Jason Gage June 14, 2004 FutureSox.com The Chicago White Sox demoted outfielder Ricardo Nanita from Winston Salem to Kannapolis while outfielder Thomas Brice was promoted from Kannapolis to Winston Salem. Brice was the best player on the Intimidators last season and had been putting up great numbers with the Intimidators again this season. Now Brice will be able to show off his abilities at High A ball. Brice was hitting .309 with 7 homers and 31 RBI in 56 games with the Intimidators. The native from Australia posesses a very strong arm (possibly the strongest in the organization) and is showing signs of turning into a power hitter. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Ricardo Nanita will be sent down to Kannapolis due to his struggles this season. Nanita was hitting .246 with 2 homers, and 27 RBI's this season. However, he has recently picked up his play, earning a Carolina League player of the week award just a few weeks ago. While Nanita was demoted, another Warthog, DH Brian Becker was promoted to Birmingham. Becker has been one of the best offensive players for the Warthogs, hitting .310 with 12 homers and 40 RBI. He also has 4 triples and 32 extra base hits. Becker will add a much needed spark to the Barons offense.
-
Gammons: Catcher and 3rd Base
OF course Master Shake owns Meatwad
-
Chris Young
He's a 5 tool talent, although still raw. He has tremendous speed, great power, and a good arm. Also has the potential to turn into an average hitter, but still needs to do a better job recognizing pitches and shortening his swing. Like I said, he's raw, but very talented.
-
Gammons: Catcher and 3rd Base
But what does Meatwad say
-
Tommie Harris switches agents
The big thing is in Oklahoma's system most of the DT's rotate heavily and see a ton less plays.
-
Greatest Pitcher of all time
I've never seen anyone better then a HEALTHY Pedro Martinez. However Clemens is very amazing and I can't speak of the other pitchers who I never saw in their prime. Nolan was quite the specimen though and I did see him pitch.
-
Nicole Kidman
This can't be true. I'd have to think they would have laws against something like this in England, even if it is a movie. Is this like the national inquirer of England???
-
GOP Diplomats and Military
How many military officials have their been over say the past 15-20 years as well as diplomats and what not. When 20 people are out giving their opinion I'm not going to go crazy. If it was people in the current administration going nuts or an incredibly high % of people who were part of the military and foreign policies, then that would be another story. To me this is just another example of a minority being played out as a majority. Thats just my 2 cents. I've always said I have had some flaws with the way Bush has done things (mainly his diplomacy or lack of it) but I also respect the fact that in my mind he has done what he has said he would do in regards to Iraq and what not. He may of been wrong about the WOM, but to me he basically does what he says and thats something I respect in a president and on the most part I agree with his decisions.
-
Twins Geek hyping Matt Guerrier
Exactly and even if he does, the Sox got a productive major leaguer out of the deal (hell, he's more then productive) and a quality infield prospect.
-
Vote for the Sox!
The time it matters is when they do the final roster spot which is a fan vote.
-
Gammons: Catcher and 3rd Base
Dylan, you NEVER, EVER, EVER draft a player based on organizational need, you always draft based on talent and in some instances signability. Fields was not drafted because the Sox aren't pleased with Crede. He was the best or one of the best college position prospects in what was a pitching strong draft. Most of the college pitchers went off the board leaving the Sox with Fields and Szymanski, they probably graded the two out near even and then and then only they looked at organizational strength to note that Fields plays a position the Sox lack. And I have no doubt the Sox have Crede in their future plans. He plays gold glove defense, can hit the ball out of the park, and at times has shown that he can be a good average hitter (2nd half of last season and throughout his minor league career). No doubt he is in a funk right now, and he may get limited playing time if he stays in it, but in no way do I think that means the organization thinks nothing of him. However, I think if a deal came up where the Sox could get better they would consider moving Crede. However, playing Uribe at 3rd for the season isn't detrimental, even if the SOx figure on him playing SS in the future. The Sox could always sign a stop gap or even someone like Joe Randa. If they get Beltran then Harris will move back to 2nd and you want Juan playing everyday and he plays very good defense (even at 3rd and he's already playing out of his future position of shortstop). That is to me the #1 reason Crede is possibly expendable.
-
Worth It?
I have no problem with CWS's approach. However, if the Sox do good this year and make the playoffs, they will not let Maggs walk. This reason doesn't have anything to do with being wise with the money so to speak, but has everything to do with how losing Maggs would end up hurting the marketability of a franchise that finally looks to be drawing more interest. In this case, it would be incredibly detrimental to dump Maggs if they make a run. I also believe if the Sox fail this year, they will probably lower the payroll by about 5 mill. I do like the idea of getting some of those FA pitchers though. Derek Lowe could be good because I love his sinker and he's struggling this year, although he may really overvalue himself. If the BoSox want him, thats where he will stay. I also like Odalis Perez a lot and Freddy Garcia is solid. The question is what type of money will those guys be getting. Don't hold your breath for Delgado or what not and I wouldn't give Percy money. He's probably going to retire at the end of the season and his hip is way too much of a concern. And remember, while the Sox lose 11 mill of the books in Koch and Jose, you also have to note that Konerko's contract goes up about a mill, Lee's goes up about 2 mill, Buehrle's goes up at least a mill, and you probably have Elo going up 3-4 mill (if you renegotiate). Plus were talking Garland's contract will go up (I think the Sox will sign him long term). Now all of a sudden you pretty much have used up most of that 11 mill (Also remember Thomas will be at 8 mill next year). This means the team will be at the current payroll at the start of next year without any big moves. However, you lose Maggs then they will definately have to make a splash (especially if they do make the playoffs) and they have 14 mill to throw around. The logic to this is, if they make the playoffs, they aren't cutting payroll, in fact, you could realistically say it goes up about 6 mill, meaning the Sox have 20 mill to throw around. You can maybe throw some at Beltran (one player) to replace Maggs or land 2 stud pitchers, probably costing you 15-16 mill. This now means you have 4 mill to get a bat to replace Maggs. You can find offense though, imo, whether by trade or what not. Heck, Jose Guillen is making 3 mill a year. So basically, my thinking is, if the Sox lose, they have 8-10 mill of flexibility after losing Maggs (who knows if Elo resigns as well). If the Sox win, you have about 20 mill to throw around.
-
If Carlos continues, he will be the biggest thing
Ventura and I thought he played for the University of Oklahoma and I thought it was 62 games.
-
McCain Rejects Kerry's VP Overtures
I don't know about that with Clark. I have heard him ripped incredibly heavily by those in the national defense and that isn't just those people from the current administration, but also the previous administration. I also have a very very close family friend who has worked at a high position in national security and to say the least, I have absolutely NO faith in Clark from a military standpoint.
-
McCain Rejects Kerry's VP Overtures
I'd love to see that cause then Bush would most definately win the election
-
attendence
Hate to say it, but it really helps that the Cubs are out on the West Coast battling Anaheim too. Its definately a difference. The Sox are playing some good NL teams and its at a time where they have the city to themselves. This could be a great way to add some new Sox fans or swing people back to the southside. As much as some of us may not like bandwagoners, if it brings in better players and a higher payroll while helping the Sox players and fans get more pumped up, then I'm all for it.
-
Colon
I was one of the many booing. Was talking to some Sox fans at the game and we were all kind of thinking how most of last year he looked last (until the end). I'm thinking he'll do the same in Anaheim. I don't know whats up with him, although his fastball looked more crisp. Ortiz pitched great again out of the pen.
-
Drink of Choice
Juices of the cranrasberry, orange juice, and apple juice.
-
Aaron Miles
I still note the fact that he isn't drawing walks. I dont' think he's a bad hitter, its just he's got to be leadoff hitter and he doesn't draw the walks to fullfill that job, imo.
-
Worth It?
Worth it is hard to say. To me a player is worth it if they have an affordable contract (compared to their production) and if it doesn't cost too much to get them in terms of trade. It also depends on what JR is willing to do in terms of the budget. To the Yanks, overpaying a guy a few million isn't a raw deal, but to the Sox, it could really put them in a financial bind.
-
Sox make offer to Angels???
Thats what was reported in the times today. My thinking is if Bill Stoneman turned down this offer, he would be a moron, therefor I don't believe that the Sox made this deal. I think the Angels probably proposed it just to see the reaction. If the Angels gave the Sox Eckstein or Kennedy in return, then that be another story.
-
White Sox announce draft signings
Happy Bday Dan the Man. I talked to you on AIM earlier and didn't realize it was the big day. Hope you have an awesome birthday and let the mighty Titans your routing for pick up their 1st win tonight against Tulane. Have an awesome one
-
6/11 Games
Haven't heard anything on Nanita being hurt, but I'll ask their media guy.