Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Sox Needs
If they move Konerko, they could do it for Freddy Garcia straight up, imo. I just don't know if the sox want to move Konerko. I do agree I'd rather move Konerko then Garcia. Konerko is playing really well though, which is great for his trade value. If the Sox could use a package of Konerko, Rauch and maybe a midlevel prospect or even Konerko/Borchard/Rauch to land Garcia, Everyday Eddie and Olerud it would be an intriguing possibility. The Sox wouldn't eat too much payroll and they'd pick up a veteran left handed bat for the lineup. They'd also get a ton of help for that pitching staff, imo, and could maybe even accomplish this type of deal without giving up Borchard.
-
Sox Needs
Unless you get guys that aren't rental players. If the Sox go out and acquire players that can help the Sox this year and next year, then I say go for it. I also realize they probably won't move Maggs, but if they are limited in their payroll resources, pitching is what this team needs. I don't want Maggs gone, but I'm not in KW's shoes. Of course, dealing Maggs would kill fan support which has been growing. On paper I think you could win out, but financailly it would probably kill the team as it would further irritate fans that are finally coming back to the park.
-
Sox Needs
I should add, if I wre the Sox, I would put Magglio Ordonez quietly on the trading block, but only if they plan on adding an additional bat (that they could maybe keep) that would help this team this year and in the long run, while gaining some chips to acquire more pitching and relieving. I think a little less offense (while gaining a good left handed bat) and more pitching (one stud starter, and two very good relievers) would do more for this ball club.
-
Sox Needs
Well, the bullpen has officially become the #1 need. The drastically need two relievers so Jackson and one other (be it Politte or Darensbourg or whomever). I'd say one would like to be a really proven reliever, but there are a couple guys that are veteran type relievers that put up good numbers and could come to Chicago and really add depth to the pen. Personally I like the Brian Meadows idea from earlier. He's a quality reliever that could probably be had for a mid level prospect, maybe even for a Jason Grilli. The other would be Eddie Guardado or Ugie Urbina. If the Sox got either, they would be adding a bit of payroll, but both are quality relievers. Urbina is struggling in Detroit however, but he's still a quality reliever. Braden Looper would be another good pickup, although I have no idea if the mets would be interested in moving him with the team out. The Sox could also go a little cheaper and pick up another lesser name guy like Stephen Randolph who does pretty good for the Dbacks and seems to have some upside. I personally feel this move is more important than getting a 5th starter because a bullepn is really key to winning the first 4 games. This can help the Sox get back into shape and then the Sox can work on picking up their ace. They should be able to acquire two relievers without giving up an arm and a leg. If they get someone like Guardado, then I'd like to see it as part of a big deal including Garcia. A package similar to Rauch, Borchard or Reed, and then another good prospect depending on what the Mariners want. Maybe even an additional prospect if necessary. I'd assume that the Mariners would want a position prospect because they have good pitching prospects in their own system. This would be pretty far fetched though, but throwing it out there. Its more likley they just get Garcai for Rauch/Borchard and maybe someone else. Either way, I think Kenny needs to first focus on the bullpen.
-
New aspect of T-Mac Trade
I don't buy that Miami would deal Caron Butler for those two. I think the Orlando Sentimel is blowing smoke to pump up Orlando fans.
-
Whoohooo!! 700 posts!!
Cripes, I'd of sworn you'd be out of school by now. I finish up my summer school on Thursday. 6 units in 4 weeks and ya, its extremely exhausting.
-
Whoohooo!! 700 posts!!
I'm pretty much the same way. I usually have no idea about post totals, although I could point out different things about almost any name brought up. Although if its a rather recent poster, I may not know much, I'm never around during the day anymore. At work, I could slack off and go on, but at summer school, I ain't able to
-
Whoohooo!! 700 posts!!
Best name on the board, and you've long had one of the best sigs/av combo's.
-
Ashlee Simpson
- Shaq
Supposedly him to the Mavs is very close and could be announced by the end of the week. It will be something along the lines of Walker, Howard, and a #5. Their is also talk that Nash would be part of the deal (I have no idea if he can though, since he's gonna be a free agent) and some have said Jerry Stackhouse would be part of it as well. Either way, they need one more big contract in their and both would fit the bill. I'd guess it would be Nash if they had the opportunity and all I know is that the Mavs would be sick. They'd still have Finley, Dirk, and Shaq and Cuban can easily pick up a PG .- Bulls trade Chandler and 7th pick
And I love Jackson. Guy is a fantastic athlete and a great shooter. He isn't the typical white guy. He is as good an athlete as Iggy, maybe just a little notch better and he's there with Gordon as well. He also has good size. Therefor, my pick would be Jackson/Iggy or Jackson/Gordon. I love Gordon's ability, but he is short and the Bulls have Hinrich so they could really be in trouble defensively when it comes to bigger back courts.- Just heard on the score
Also shows good offensive potential and has good size and is a good athlete. I just don't think they give up both Chandler and the pick. You may see the #7 straight up for chandler straight up, not both. Bird likes Jackson a lot, but so do the Bulls. However, if either way (Curry, Chandler, Harrington, Gordon/Iggy/Jackson/Deng, Hinrich) with JC on the bench and of course JYD, and AD. I think you could also see JYD, AD, or EROb move somewhere at one point or another. Should be an exciting few days.- Bulls trade Chandler and 7th pick
Luke Jackson and Iggy or Gordon is what I think will happen. Chandler will end up going pretty much straight up for Harrington, imo. I also think their is a possibility that Crawford goes to Indiana. Larry Bird has mentioned interest in him and I think if the Bulls keep both picks, it means Crawford is as good as gone.- Bulls trade future draft pick and cash to Phoenix
Chandler and the 7 seems like a lot for Harrington. I know he's pretty young though and is supposed to be a heck of a talent. I'd love to see Chandler and the 7 go for Artest.- Just heard on the score
Holy schnikies that would be fantastic.- NBA Mock Draft Thread
Nash, the 5, and Howard is what is good in that deal. Of course the Lakers now have Payton since he accepted his option (shocked the hell out of me). Having to talk Walker is ugly. However, if they could somehow parlay Walker and maybe the #5 into a good big men, that would be nice.- NBA Mock Draft Thread
s***, I'd of taken Jamison.- Bulls/Celtics trade rumor
Don't close the door yet, the Bulls are working to get Pierce. I do agree this would be a lopsided deal, but it seems Ainge wants to blow things up.- 6/23 games
LaMura really is doing pretty fantastic. He has a pretty live arm and really is adjusting to AA well.- Mary Kate Olsen enters rehab for Anorexia...
- Eh..a bit creepy
Christ, I just saw one of the pictures and it says: "OK class, who wants to go out on a date with Jason when you turn 18?" WHY WHY WHY :banghead :banghead- Eh..a bit creepy
Sick...u could say she's cute or something, as long as your not referring to it sexually, but hot always means sexually. Thats f'd up.- Not a rant, but a concern
IF it were me, GLoad or Aaron would be in right everyday. Against lefties I'd probably have Aaron in cf and Gload in rf and other then that Harris would be in CF everyday. I'm kind of dissapointed in how Ozzie seems to be jerking Willie around. He's one of the better leadoff hitters in baseball (statistically). I also know this team needs some serious pitching help, both in the pen and rotation.- Few Thoughts on today's game
I was once again impressed with the attendance. The Sox are in a little funk, but they seem to be building some steam with the fans and are getting much better sized crowds, especially since Cleveland lacks major names. We know it will be sold out this weekend, but I'd love to see the Sox somehow get a win tomorrow with their 5th and carry that momentum into the 4th game of the series and enter the Cubs series on a winning streak so the Sox fans will be even more emotional. I'm hoping the Sox could be in 1st place. I'd love to see the city rocking, but one game at a time. First htye need to play good baseball tomorrow, then the next day, and so on until the season/postseason are over.- Maggs Era Ending
Reading that it sounds to me that they are still talking although their are hints that Maggs wants to at least test Free agency and to be honest, I don't blame him. If he doesn't get his offer, he should at least see whats out there. This will be his last big contract and well its up to him to do this. However, if the Sox step up their offer close to what he wants, I think he signs. I sure as hell hope so, I Just bought a maggs jersey cuase it was on sale and he's one of my fav's. Its my first Sox jersey ever, hopefully it brings good luck. Supposed to come in the mail by Friday - Shaq