Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I'm guessing he will go to Great Falls simply because he is still pretty raw for a college player. He seems like he has some high upside though and I wonder if the Sox are actually going to give him some time to DH. Personally I think its best to let him concentrate on pitching.
  2. Bham on the 16th/17th or at least thats what it looks like. We'll be in Atlanta probably the day before that just messing around. When I get back home I'll look up the exact dates, but we get in like the 8th and see 2 WS Games, 2 Kanny Games, 1 Charlotte Game (DH Though) and then go down to the Atlanta/Bham area.
  3. I'll just go around yelling Cubsuck and see how effective that is
  4. Cool...by the way did you figure out whether you need ot make a reservation just to go to the Yard Sale? Cause I'm gonna be there at 9 tomorrow and then I'll go to that grand stand sports thing. I just want to see what US Cell looks like with the renovations.
  5. Cool, hopefully wherever the wedding is at has a TV so I can catch an inning or two while taking advantage of the open bar
  6. I'm pretty sure Baines and Fisk wore those jerseys and for some reason I remember Ozzie in one of those jerseys. Speaking of Sox stuff, where would be a good place for me to stop in downtown that would have boatloads of Sox crap. I want to pick some stuff up since they got nothing where I am. All I have Sox related is a Sox spring training T-shirt and an old old Sox hat.
  7. What channel is the game on in the Chicago area? Thanks
  8. I'd say Majewski has the nod ahead of Baj or they could go with one of the veterans in Charlottes bullpen (like Santiago). Still, I think Baj is a possibility. Another possibility is the Sox keeping Munoz up with the club out of the pen, but thats only realistic if he's going to get playing time (thats after teh Sox acquire a 5th starter).
  9. Hell ya, were definately hitting up 2 games
  10. I emailed it to ya as I was posting this Your hotmail addie I think or whatever the one is I usually send stuff to ya at
  11. I can't write anything up cause I'm getting ready to head out of town, but I wanted to pass that along to you all. He was put on their roster today so he will immediately be joining the team as a starter.
  12. THanks for that info guys. Its really appreciated by those that don't live in the Chicago area
  13. Done and Done
  14. The stars are aligning. Technically I arrive in Chicago tomorrow as well
  15. But I'm going on a flight to Chicago later tonight and well one of the last times I was on a plane trip I got home, picked up my cell phone at the airport and checked my messages with Murcie telling me the Sox were going after Roberto Alomar. Then my dad and I get in the car, turn on the radio cause I'm s***ting my pants in excitement, to hear them talking about the acquisition of Carl Everett and I'm sitting their confused (I thought they acquired Alomar). Then I find out the Sox had just acquired both Everett and Alomar and I'm incredibly giddy and then they go to the clip of Buehrle talking about how great of a pickup it is. Anyway, I don't know if the deal will happen tonight or on my return trip on Sunday....but I think theirs a chance. Hopefully this time the deal pushes the Sox to the promised land
  16. Maybe it would be Carl and another pitcher from the Expos. If the Sox took Everett off their hands (he isn't paid horribly, its just he's been hurt this year) then it could make it more likely for the Sox to get a pitcher from them.
  17. I have heard Kanny, but nothing is official.
  18. Thats fantastic news and great job on the write up Dan
  19. And the Sox can't negotiate (well sign) Ricks until his team is eliminated from college world series play. From what I've heard Ricks is all but a lock to sign pretty much the day Miami is done and he will be going to Great Falls. The Sox are pretty high on him too. I know their was some talk to moving him behind the plate, but I don't think thats the plan anymore.
  20. This guy is supposed to be off the charts with his arm, release, and ability to block pitches. He's incredibly agile behind the plate as well. OFfensively he's just beginning to develop, but he has a lot of offensive potential there and he is going to be unbelievable behind the plate.
  21. He's suffering from a sore shoulder and hasn't pitched since May 29th.
  22. Wunsch Placed on the DL; McNeal Promoted By Jason Gage June 15, 2004 FutureSox.com Left handed reliever Kelly Wunsch was put on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a sore shoulder. Wunsch had not pitched since May 29th, so the move is likely retroactive. Wunsch was one of the best relievers with the White Sox last season, but found himself injured at the end of spring and when he came back the Sox no longer had room for him on the roster with the emergence of Jon Adkins and Neal Cotts. Wunsch was 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA in 12 games with the Knights. He had a brief stint with the White Sox this season, but struggled. Aaron McNeal was promoted from Birmingham to replace Kelly Wunsch. McNeal had been one of the Barons best hitters with 15 HR, and 44 RBI. The 26 year old was signed by the White Sox in December of 2003. Brian Becker will likely get McNeal's at bats with the Barons. Becker was promoted to Birmingham from Winston Salem yesterday.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Cali's topic in FutureSox Board
    Who says I wear panties...I just couldn't take anymore wedgies
  24. Chisoxfn posted a topic in FutureSox Board
    Sounds like the Sox got a keeper. According to the Brian Porter (assistant director of player development) he may be the sleeper of the Sox draft. The kid was drafted in the 12th round back in 2001 by the Milwalkee Brewers but chose to attend Tulane. He since transferred to Gulf Coast Community College and MLB listed him as not playing this past season. However, he did play last season and was freaking FILTHY going 8-4 with a 2.40 ERA. He struck out 117 in 93.2 innings of work. He is 6-4 southpaw who supposedly has a good fastball as well as secondary pitches. Keep an eye on this kid, he is now my sleeper choice. Liotta is expected to pitch in Great Falls.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Cali's topic in FutureSox Board
    Ya, I remember that, don't you remember me getting my panties all bundled up when they promoted him less than a week before the all star game

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.