Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. The guys numbers are nothing. This is a major reach. 3-5 with an era at 5.26 or so and offensively he was .279 with like 7 HR's.
  2. Sox Select Lumsden and Gonzalez By Jason Gage June 7, 2004 FutureSox.com The White Sox went with pitching in the compensatory rounds by first selecting Tyler Lumsden (Clemson) and then selecting Giovani Gonzalez (Pace Monsignor High School in Florida). Lumsden is a junior at the University of Clemson and throws a good fastball, curveball and changeup. He has a very loose arm and all pitches get very good movement. His fastball is clocked in the 90-92 MPH range with good sinking action. He has a good release point and has good control. On MLB radio, he was mentioned as a Tom Glavine type. Giovani Gonzalez is a high schooler that is supposedly a little raw, although one member of the Sox draft room feels he could start at Kannapolis (before the draft feed was cut off). Gonzalez has committed to the University of Miami, but has good upside. He features a good fastball (as high as 94) that has good tailing movement. He also throws a big breaking curve ball (12-6 variety) and a changeup. He has good control for a high school pitcher.
  3. He wants to play baseball.
  4. Stories are up on both of the new picks.
  5. Those could be the two reaches for financial reasons. Still, both sound like good players.
  6. LHP from a high school.
  7. He's 6-4 good size and such.
  8. s*** Fox is a good pitcher.
  9. I say take Szymanski here, but Vargas is good too. Wait, how the hell did the DOdgers take Orenduff and list him as a 3rd baseman? Isn't he a pitcher????
  10. Zach Jackson goes to the Blue Jays. One more pick till the Sox.
  11. More media friendly too. I was able to get up the piece before the supplemental round started. Too bad I got to leave pretty soon, STUPID SUMMER SCHOOL.
  12. I'd say Suzuki, the guy creamed the ball at the regional yesterday. Hit a shot about 420 to dead center and in the 2nd game he was a triple shy of the cycle. KC just takes Howell from Texas.
  13. Jackson's stock has been falling.
  14. When I say stud potential, I mean it. The guy has totally turned things around and is really a pretty damn good pitcher. His secondary pitches are really coming around and his velocity has only been going up.
  15. Jason Vargas is really good. If he goes to the Sox, then I'll definately be at Long Beach's interview taking some pics of him pitching and try to get an interview too.
  16. White Sox Draft Fields in the 1st By Jason Gage June 7, 2004 FutureSox.com The White Sox have selected Oklahoma State 3rd baseman Josh Fields with their 1st round pick. Fields is a two sport star that also plays quarterback for the Cowboys. Fields not only fills a need in the organization, 3rd base), but he also has a very high upside and had some of the most power potential of any player in the draft. Fields had a very strong Big 12 conference showing and rates out as a very good player, who is still a little raw. Defensively Fields has room to grow, but he does have a strong, accurate arm, and improving footwork. With time most scouts believe that Fields will develop into a solid, if not good defensive 3rd baseman. Still, offense is the reason he was drafted early and the kid can rake it. He has a very nice swing that creates a ton of power and he also should be able to hit for an average. Other Rumors: Baseball America has reported that the White Sox are very interested in LHP Jason Vargas (Long Beach State), and catcher Jason Jaramillo (Oklahoma State). Both Vargas and Jamarillo are talented players. Another player still on the board that may interest the White Sox is BJ Szymanski (Princeton). Szymanski is an outfielder from Princeton with a ton of upside that was expected to go in the 1st round. The White Sox pick next at 34th overall, so 3 teams are picking ahead of them. After 34, then they select at 38th and then the draft moves into the 2nd round.
  17. What Boz and Dbhao each said. They are easily my 2nd favorite team and I go to a ton of games there.
  18. http://teamonebaseball.rivals.com/draft.as...ft=41&Round=740
  19. 4 picks till the Sox go again.
  20. 15 minute break and then the supplemental round starts. The Dodgers made a good pick in Blake DeWitt. Guy is a real stud. I'm so f***ing stoked the ANgels got Weaver
  21. Great pick in Fields, was surprised to see Powell go off the board in the 1st. A's must have made an agreement with him. I'm so pissed I have to leave for school soon.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    I'm going to make a point to stop eating out. I figure if I can eat at home during the week or at least on the most part it make a huge difference in staying healthier. I exercise a lot, but just watching the movie made me think I still dont' do enough. And your right, I really dont' want to eat fast food after seeing it, haha.
  23. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    Watched the movie tonight and it was really good. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of people, which is exactly how it should be, and it really brought up some good points and was also pretty funny at times. If you ask me, the problem with obescity starts at schools. If you go to school as a kid, your not going to know what you should eat, your going to pick the chips, the soda, and all the other good stuff that your parents don't let you have. They aught to get that crap out of middle school and basically leave it where the choices you have are part of a balanced diet. I'm usually not one to force things on people, but I see no reason to expose kids to candy and all that crap at school where no one can tell them not to eat it. Very few kids are going to turn away that type of stuff. Anyway, I do think some things have to be done to get this population thinner. I'm not going to tell people to stop going to McDonalds though and I sure as hell ain't going to tell McDonalds not to make a money, but if you are complaining about putting on weight, my suggestion is exercise and stop eating fast food. IGNORE THE ADKINS DIET, and IGNORE ALL OTHER DIET FADS. Excercising and a healthy diet are the only REAL SOLUTION. I realize it doesn't work for all, but no matter what its a good start. This movie definately opened up some of my eyes and was good.
  24. , Young will take some time, but I like Sweeney, Reed, and Anderson more at this point...but we know my feelings on Young....STUD
  25. Thanks for sharing that with us. Don't know mcuh about that player your talking about, but my guess is he's a pretty good one. Notre Dame has a ton of talented young players. They really seem to be a developing program. Had they not been riddled with injuries, they probably would of been a favorite to go all the way.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.