Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I wouldn't do it for Carlos Lee, although I wouldn't be shocked if there was some sort of deal with the Angels where the Sox took on one of the Angels bad contracts and the Angels took on one of the Sox bad contracts but a productive hitter which is what they are looking for. Konerko could fit in with them, but for that to happen the Sox would have to take on one of their bad deals. It would need some creativity and right now I can't think of a good match. I know Erstad would fit here, but the Angels wouldn't do Konerko for Erstad straight up but I could see something centering on those two.
  2. Well a Soriano for Maggs deal would be great for the Sox...but who knows.
  3. Well the Konerko/Perez trade has been out there from the start, although that may or may not happen and its definately not as big as getting Colon, but everything helps.
  4. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I've kind of assumed their plans is to get the pitcher for Konerko and then use Maggs to add a few younger players and some prospects as well as payroll flexibility. I think the Sox will look for 1-2 young productive playesr for Magglio and then a high ceiling prospect and then just go with the payroll relief on him. I wonder if they go for Ponson. I think now they are gonna wait and see which pitchers the price goes down on, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. With guys like Pavano and Garcia possibly joining the market, prices will go down, which is good if the Sox have freed money by then. My guess is thats Kenny's main plan during the winter meetings, cut payroll and add a back of the rotation pitcher.
  5. I think Konerko and Thomas are the only players under contract then for something like 15 mill. If they can move Konerko then you only have one contract. Of course all the arbitration eligible guys aren't figured into this, but it will be a vast difference from this year where like 5 or 6 players make up 53 mill of a supposed 58 mill payroll.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Is Francona really talking about the BoSox?
  7. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    And the year before he was very good too...Wynn that is. If anyone is on hold, ask if Jose has ever considered giving up hitting from the right side of the plate.
  8. At the same time a lot of people doubted those rumors. I think the least we can do is give the Sox time to put things together. If the season starts and they still look like this, then I definately think there is a lot to be concerned with. I'm gonna continue to hope cause I just can't see KW settling with mediocre. He may make a ton of moves and it turns out the team is mediocre, but he has one goal and you can see that he wants to see the Sox win the series and I'm talking about the White Sox not Red Sox
  9. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    To say the least...we have a ton of diehards around here. While some get frustrated and while some are optimists we all are here for one reason...
  10. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Ok, thats what I thought. Well maybe a Konerko for Wynn and Garcia deal. The Mariners clear payroll, Sox take on the same payroll but fill a couple more important needs. Then they'd still have to move Magglio for more payroll relief, but wouldn't have as many needs. I think the Sox would like to get Spiezo on the Southside and I think he's the kind of guy that will stick on the FA market for a while..the question is can they unload Konerko and I have to think when they do that, their first moves will be shoring up the rotation and bullpen.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Is Wynn a free agent? He'd be a great fit as would Spiezo, both are grinder types. The problem is they first would have to move Konerko which is gonna be tough. If they could turn Konerko and Borchard into Perez, Spiezo and Wynn I'd be incredibly impressed. I need to shut up now, before I get more ridiculous ideas in my head. I wonder if Santa will bring the Sox some stud players and payroll relief
  12. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Trolls will be whiped away by the large staff of mods cause we have magical powers
  13. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Hey Rex, can you pm with your aim name so I can get that info from ya during my xmas break Thanks
  14. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I sure as hell hope not.
  15. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Thanks Beastly that was very kind of you.
  16. Matthew has been around, not as much as previously, but he's around at times. I do wish everyone well though.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Lee and Buehrle won't, but Christian Guzman is rumored, Jacque Jones could be if the Twins can't deal him by the 20th. Then you have Jay Payton, Braden Looper (Rumored earlier in the offseason), Carl Pavano (also rumored), Jason Johnson, Damian Moss, Aj Burnett, Scho and Wunsch. Some of this stuff I got from an article on ESPN.com and I know there is supposed to be a whole lot others as well.
  18. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Maybe Ozzie is going to announce that he's coming back as Sox shortstop and they intend on moving Jose to 2nd
  19. Ya, Aboz computer crashed.
  20. Chisoxfn replied to sox-r-us's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I was thinking it was at the most 6, but I thought 5 for whatever reason.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Thanks Jim and I'll put that book on my christmas reading list...it will be book #1...last book I read was MoneyBall Looking forward to what you tell me
  22. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    That or he had a deal pretty much worked out with the Royals. Who knows, I think the Sox were probably pretty willing to bring him back, but thats just a guess.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to sox-r-us's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Well if they did the deal straight up I think the Angels would end up paying more because I am almost positive Anderson makes less then Alou at the very most the same. And I don't think the Cubs could offer enough cash to make that deal worth while. They'd need it to be a lot more blockbuster with them taking Salmon and Anderson for Alou, Cruz and Patterson or something like that. I just don't see a snowballs chance that this is true.
  24. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Or the Sox just couldn't come to terms with him becuase he wasn't motivated to take 2.5 mill, considering he knew if he took the Sox to arbitration he would get more then that. He may not of had the incentive to take a 2.5 mill deal. That or he may not of wanted to stay in Chicago. I don't think any of us know the situation. Look what Jason Grimsely got...one mill and he's a very damn good reliever. I doubt he would of taken that to play with the Sox or any other team in the majors, but he was happy in KC and just took it.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to sox-r-us's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Well he's owed 8 mill...I think Sele is unmoveable. I think the Angels entire plan is to have Vladdy and Anderson as the Right and left fielders. One the righty power, the other the lefty power and then Nomar as the 3rd part of the trio. Its just hard to figure out if they can cut enough payroll to do it. I'd think one of Salmon/Erstad or Sele would have to go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.