Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 11:04 AM) Do we know that definitively? http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-o...dium=socialflow The NFL knew about this issue with the Pats well before Sunday's game. At least in that article, it's not clear whether all of the balls were gone by halftime or not. I have no idea. Its what I heard on the radio last night and again this morning. I don't think anyone knows much of anything other than what Mort leaked. Nobody has the full facts.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 10:39 AM) The Bears just hired a 37 year old GM, and that's far more critical to the long-term success of the team than a coach. I don't really think the GM is more critical to the teams success as the HC. I think both are critical and they need to work well together, etc.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 10:46 AM) Sorry guys, that was a bit tongue in cheek. But at his age and how hot of a candidate he was, I think we are more likely to see Fangio gone next year than Gase. Unless of course the bears are a dumpster fire. If the Bears D ranks top 10 next year, I bet Fangio gets some phone calls as a potential HC. Thus far though, he hasn't really gotten looked at in that manner, which might mean the league has already decided he isn't "HC" material. I kind of still think Arians would be a coordinator had he not gotten the opportunity to be the HC for the Colts while Pagano was going through his treatment.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 10:22 AM) He also bombed his HC interviews so he may be a few years away. I think Mangini/McDaniels ruined any chances for 36 year old coaches from hereon out. I had heard he did well in his interview in Chicago and San Fran. I think it is more that it was probably a year or two too early for him still.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 09:24 AM) A big part of why I was excited for Fox is he has really put together great staffs recently, as seen by the amount of head coach candidates that came from Denver. But if you would have told me Fox would come with Vic Fangio/Ed donatell(hopefully that will be official) and Adam Gase, I would be in disbelief. I'd also laugh ecstatically at all of the "He only had manning!" I recognize the starry view of Gase has taken a hit after numerous rejections, but at 36 he clearly was not HC material yet. Tutoring under Manning and Martz is a hell of a background, and he has great support. What a job by fox so far. The best part is these are experienced coaches that should be able to verbalize the types of players Pace needs to find for them. Martz considers Gase one of the top 3 offensive minds in the league and I figure Gase has had an opportunity to learn from Manning and Martz as well as Mike McCoy (all well respected offensive minds). Martz might be a little insane but he flat out knows offense and he was the best OC we have had in Chicago during my lifetime (followed by Turner). I always wonder what would have been had Jay not gotten hurt that year cause that team was rolling at the right time. If we do in fact hire Gase (which is what I expect will happen), it will be a major coup. What will be better is if we can retain him for a few years before he gets his next job. For all I care, hopefully he is amazing and we can give him top money to stay on and be groomed to be Fox's replacement in 5-6 years.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 09:22 AM) Yeah, but they're much easier to grip. On a day like last Sunday, where it was almost pouring, that's an advantage. The deflated balls were all gone by the start of the 2nd half. Weather was worse in the 2nd half. Yet despite all that, New England scores 28 points in the 2nd half (vs. 17 in the 1st half). They were better offensively in the 2nd half with the so called rightly inflated balls.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Jeremy Stoltz retweeted Jen Lada @JenLada 11m11 minutes ago Some Bears players have been told Adam Gase will be the OC in Chicago. Kyle @Ky1eLong 4m4 minutes ago Gase ������������ Kyle @Ky1eLong 4m4 minutes ago I haven't heard anything internally but seems like u guys have it figured out Kyle @Ky1eLong 3m3 minutes ago I repeat - I know what you know Jeremy Stoltz @BearReport 12m12 minutes ago Now the Colts say they won't let Rob Chudzinski interview anywhere. Obviously that includes the #Bears.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
When you listen to ex-players / current NFL analyst talk, they all seem to indicate this is much to do about nothing. As Mike Mayock said earlier today on DP, it is people who didn't play football who are largely making a big deal out of this, while the people who played it and analyze find it a non-issue.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 07:57 AM) I thought the Schefter tweet yesterday reopened the issue Their have been mixed reports as to whether Bears received permission or not. Nothing has been widely reported. The entire media reporting around Halas Hall has been pretty much pure trash. With the new guy in charge, no one has the same ties or I presume that is what is leading to this lack of quality reporting.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 06:33 AM) Brad Johnson admits to paying a $7500 bribe before the Super Bowl in 2003 for someone tamper with 100 footballs to make them easier to grip. I wonder if the Patriots aren't the only team to do this, just the only ones dumb enough to get caught. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...the-super-bowl/ It is done a lot. It is not much different to me than a pitcher doctoring with the baseball (which I happen to find part of the game). This is being made into such a bigger deal than it is.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 03:18 AM) I'm not a rule guru but every single article I've read states the Colts were indeed using the same balls, and many of the articles saying this wouldn't affect outcome of the game. Just playing devils advocate. Its a bunch to do with nothing. This should be a non story.
-
2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 01:36 PM) $4M for Rasmus. Woah, he must really have a terrible reputation in the locker rooms to only get that much. 8M for Rasmus.
-
One month away
QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 11:27 AM) I proposed to my ex on April Fools Day, so that holiday is ruined for me. Brings whole new meaning to the term "April Fools".
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Zach Zaidman @ZachZaidman 5m5 minutes ago #Bears reached an agreement with Sam Garnes (assistant DBs), Dave Magazu (OL coach) and Derius Swinton II (assistant ST coach). Kevin Fishbain @kfishbain 4m4 minutes ago New Bears O-line coach Dave Magazu has coached with John Fox since 2003. Fun fact: he coached offensive tackles/tight ends at NIU in 1984
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Yeah, I have zero interest in Jim Bob.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Gase did not take the Jacksonville job.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 01:33 PM) Charlie Weiss at HH? That a rumor or you speculating?
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
I guess technically, Gase could be the OC in Jax. I didn't realize that Maronne was named Asst. Head Coach & Oline coach (not Ocoordinator).
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 12:35 PM) He was an absolute bust as a free agent signing for the Bucs. Doesn't necessarily mean he would be a bad fit in Chicago.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Trestman to be the Ravens OC. Gase now without a job entirely since he was focused on Ravens / Jaguars. Presume he will meet w/Rams and maybe Browns now? Is he willing to work with Fox?
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
I predict Bears will sign Gholson to be our safety in time. He is on the outs in Tampa and will likely be a cap casualty.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Jags hire Maronne to be Asst Head Coach and OC. That means Gase is likely going to Baltimore.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Presume Thibs decided to give players rest and let them sit on the loss. He's also said to be evaluating rotational changes, etc. Everything is on the table. Wonder if someone gets sent out or benched to send a message.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Thibs had scheduled a practice for today, but this happened... @kcjhoop (K.C. Johnson) #Bulls PR sends out update saying that practice has been called off. After last night's disaster, Gasol said this: #Gasol postgame: "We have two days between games we haven't had in over a month so it will be good to recover and go back to work Wednesday." And about 4 hours ago, K.C. Johnson tweeted this: #Bulls did have Sunday off. But players talked about first 2-day break since Dec. 21 as chance to recover. Instead, Thibodeau calls practice.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Good read on Fangio from MMQB and a quote from Harbaugh (this is a yr old). http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/17/vic-fangio-s...ve-coordinator/