Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. How many pitches did Jake finish at? He must be one of the most worked pitchers in the game this year. Its freaking disgusting, given his injury history. I will tip my cap to the Peavmeister (and I do realize he's had a few extra days of rest, but man, he must lead the league in starts (along with Verlander) with 115+ pitches).
  2. QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:12 PM) Hudson is brutal. Release him please. He really is awful. He can't even play SS, so I really don't get the big point in having him on the roster. I think the club should pick Font up as the super utility guy and then bring Morel up if he gets his swing back.
  3. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:49 AM) I know one thing, if Gordon Beckham was hitting second and struck out after a lead off double, he would have been skewered on this board. Youkilis does it, and not a peep. 5 out his last 40. Fair points, however, Youk has a history of doing the little things offensively and getting guys over, etc. Having good at bats. Beck's doesn't have that history and while Youk is going through a slump, he's still batting .245 with a .364 OPS and a >.800 OPS in 30 games with the Sox (22 rbi's total) despite being in the midst of a pretty bad slump. He'll come out of it.
  4. Font seems like a great upgrade over Hudson.
  5. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:56 AM) Peavy has 20 quality starts in 21 tries....crazy. Guess the only one he didn't was the game he led DET 6-0 and he and Ohman gave the lead away at USCF. That is pretty crazy.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:37 AM) Peavy hasn't looked overly sharp for a long time now. The insane pitch counts have to be catching up to him. I hate Valencia, he seems to always perform well against the Sox. Ventura has had him throw too many pitches, too often. I haven't been happy with the way he's managed pitch counts on some of our guys.
  7. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:34 PM) Can we stop using the term fab five? I mean congrats to them but that's a nickname that has clearly been used. Unlike the other fab 5, this team delivered in the clutch.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:59 AM) To me it is on Cooper. He gets a free two, or maybe three, month look at the guy. If Coop wants to resign him at that point, I try to resign him. Its tough. I go by what Coop has seen on film. If he thinks he has identified some things that will work, I try signing him to a favorable deal now. If he kicks ass down the stretch, he might have priced himself out. Hopefully he does do exactly that.
  9. Get well Danks. And ptatc, thanks for all of this great info!
  10. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:05 PM) Extend Liriano! I hope the Sox are talking about it. He's got a great arm and if you could get him to go 3 years at a fair price, it would be great. Maybe even go 2 years if he'd prefer a shorter deal where he can prove himself and then sign a big fat deal somewhere else.
  11. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:25 PM) Encouraging first start from Liriano. I'll take that all day. Any concern over Konerko's ankle? I haven't heard anything, but he definitely rolled it pretty good on that last play. I imagine he'll miss a couple games. I don't think so. He was laughing about it. Just one of those minor tweaks.
  12. QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 11:22 AM) That would be heaven to me. One of my all time favorite smells Have you been to the stinking rose or whatever the place is called in LA?
  13. Reed in the month of July (prior to today's game): WHIP is 1, ERA is 3.75, strikeouts to 9 is 5.6. Not sure what people's expectations are, but that isn't terrible. I realize he isn't pitching like Mariano but as a whole solid numbers (k/9 is a little low). But as a whole he is average a k per 9.
  14. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:07 PM) Come on, Jas...he's been all sorts of things other than solid. He's been consistently mediocre, especially over the course of the past 6 weeks or so. He's allowed the leadoff man to reach in what seems like 5-6 consecutive outings. He's getting the job done. He has gave up his fair share of hits, but by and large hes' been solid. And to be honest, the hits haven't been excessive or anything. His WHIP isn't bad. He's not pitching lock-down right now, but he's doing pretty good for a rookie and he's still the best option on the roster (IMO).
  15. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:00 PM) Says AJ! Can't we all agree on one thing..."lets hit this piece of s***".
  16. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:54 PM) Yea hhe looked to me to be grimacing and limping a bit after that play... Tweaked his ankle but it didn't look serious. More a bruised ego. Sweet, delayed olympic coverage starts and I've stayed away from any spoilers!
  17. QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:04 PM) I would not be surprised one bit if Myers is closing for the Sox down the stretch (and thats the exact reason why KW got him -- insurance). Reed is scary right now and I don't know if I can take his ninth innings in August and September haha Liriano looked filthy, If he can cut down those walks, he is gonna be a nice nice addition to this team... Still need more consistency from the offense though. They've been this way all season, but they need to get together at the right time and put more than 2 or so games between them and Detroit. I realize he gave up a run. But he is still holding opponents to a pretty low average, is getting games closed, and is averaging a strikeout per 9. He's been nothing but solid, especially when you consider the fact he's a rookie. And he's significantly better then Myers. The only hard hit ball was Span's single (which was crushed but he's killing everyone right now).
  18. Beautiful. Hopefully Boston holds on and the Sox take the series tomorrow!!! Nice game for Liriano and clutch hitting by AJ. Nice awareness by Addy on that final out.
  19. Aj! It's all good!
  20. Krush. Quit being an ass. Your double post was completely unnecessary. The rules were pretty clearly stated.
  21. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:36 PM) I normally would avoid it, but the rule of this thread is not to post spoilers without spoiler tag. This was specifically posted in this very thread. I figured Balta didnt see the original post which is why I pointed it out, so that others would realize the rule. If you dont like the rule, feel free to complain about that. As the owner, I fully endorse the rule. I'm staying off of everything and this thread is supposed to be safe. Once the event has aired on tape delay (on NBC) its fare game. Until then, its a spoiler thread.
  22. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85845 There is the thread on the grade 1 scapula tear.
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:51 AM) Where are you getting he has a tear in his shoulder? Wasn't the original report that he had a slight tear? I swear that was what was reported maybe 6 weeks ago. However, I thought they said typically you don't have surgery for such injuries. Now maybe it is worse then they reported?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.