Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Makes sense. Congrats Danks...be Danksy!!!
  2. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 07:30 AM) I get you, i just want stewart starting at AAA rather than in the big league bullpen, and I think the latter might well happen if he has 2 more good outings. I don't get it. He's not very good. If he ends up being a good reliever I'll be happy.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 03:56 PM) Yeah, that was a big move on the producers part. I am willing to be it was because Laz Alonso is starting to do movies now, and not because it was planned that way. And i completely agree with you on Lloyd. Basically it is the most unique detective show on TV, imo.
  4. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 11:14 PM) Anyone watch Breakout Kings? It's an episodic show, but I find it really entertaining, especially Lloyd. I really enjoy it. Saw my 1st episodes of this new season yesterday. Was stunned when the lead cop was killed. Really good and entertaining show.
  5. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 07:58 AM) Forte was offered a contract s the last two years that would have paid him $7M already and had $15M guaranteed. He passed it up. The Bears have shown a history of extending players at a fair price which Forte has been offered time and again. John Danks signed the long term deal, Matt Forte did not. Forte is not worth $20M guaranteed. There are other reports that the most the Bears offered was 10M in guaranteed money. I don't know what report is true, all I know, is that with Lynch/Foster signed, you know Forte's deal is somewhere in between what those two players got. If the Bears don't want to pay that, they need to start telling him such and work out a contingent plan. Maybe that is him playing one year as a franchised player and letting him go. Maybe that is him working out a deal with another club and than working out a trade. I don't know the answer but I know that treating players poorly can be something that is looked at poorly in the NFL and I don't want players to not want to come and play for the Bears (and it does happen).
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 08:33 PM) Yes it is. Would you go on Twitter and bash your employer, say you're being disrespected and essentially ask for a raise? Depends. If I was an NFL player who had done everything I was asked of (instead of been an ass) and then had this happened, I'd be pretty irate. The reality is most players would have held out last year in Forte's shoes. He didn't, he did what was asked of him, played his butt off, was told many times he was going to be taken care of, believed the franchise when they said that to him, and now do this. If they weren't going to, they probably should have told him, play this year, we may or may not sign you, but if you aren't happy we will trade you. I understand it is a business but this guy has done everything right as a member of the Bear (and that includes playing through injuries during his 2nd year in the league).
  7. That isn't all that bad.
  8. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 04:25 PM) Matt Forte is having a Tweetdown the likes of which you rarely see. More stuff?
  9. If Beckham hasn't made significant modifications to his swing, he'll be nothing but garbage.
  10. I think Forte will be traded. I just dont' know if the Bears will get more than a 2nd rounder for him (and I really don't know if they'd even get that). However, I'd be content if they got a 2nd rounder for Forte at this point because long term, I don't see the Bears keeping him (based upon what they just did).
  11. I think this means Forte is gone a year from now, at a minimum.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 05:41 AM) Let me put it this way, I am on the other side of that coin now. The first people to get fired when something goes wrong are the compliance people, even though they usually have nothing to do with the rule breaking. From someone else who works in that sort of industry, I'd completely agree. Compliance is an unthankful spot where you are only going to take the fall when stuff doesn't work out right. Often times, it will happen and have nothing to do with you. I'd damn well make sure you get compensated. You are taking on increased responsibility and risk and should be appropriately compensated for such.
  13. Wow...crushing Orlando without Rose. Lucas with 20 points in 19 minutes. Dude can be hot/cold but he can score. Reminds me a bit of Jannero Pargo. Zero defensive abilities and he can be very hot & cold but when he's on, he can be a nice guy to have on the back of your bench to create a spark-plug.
  14. For those griping about Boozer, I want to point out that against a good team in the Heat, without Rose, he's the only guy whose done much on offense (outside of Lucas). He's got 24 points in 29 minutes on 12-18 shooting with 11 boards.
  15. Will the Bulls show interest in Fisher? He's a solid backup PG and given Rose's injury issues, it might make sense. Not sure what Thibb's thoughts are regarding Fish.
  16. I always liked Noc. Have the 76ers waived him? What kind of shape is he in? Is he still a solid defender and average to a little above average 3 point shooter?
  17. The numbers I heard thrown around on the radio today were like 20M a year type numbers. Which is insane given the risk. That said, I don't know how much guaranteed scratch will be thrown out.
  18. I really dont' think Stewart can ever start. Maybe he can be a solid reliever but his stuff just isn't all that good. I wanted to be excited but when I've watched him, I'm very "meh".
  19. The early parts of tonights game were awful but man it became a fun game to watch later on. Boozer had some nice plays when the Bulls started taking things over and Watson came up big time (albeit Dru Holiday torched him on the other end of the court). Kills me watching Deng play with one wrist. His shot just isn't the same.
  20. I will never fault Quentin. He's a good guy and busted his but. That one year where he broke his hand (which sucked cause he couldn't' control his temper) was a hell of a fun year. The guy was a machine that year.
  21. I still find it hilarious how everyone is writing the team off based upon spring training. If you want to write the team off, do it because you don't think the team has enough talent. And that is quite likely the case but anything can happen and I certainly don't let spring (unless it is injuries) impact my opinion. I will however say that I like what I've heard from Ventura thus far. I still can't believe what an unprofessional clown Ozzie was.
  22. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:04 PM) Holy s***, Google exists. Seriously. If you don't know how to Google things quickly, then join this millennium. I heard it on the radio and posted. I only report fact. Stop being an ahole.
  23. I'd like to see it too. If someone comes up with something good I'll put it up.
  24. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 09:40 AM) Big Ten baby. WB Rock...and go big 10.
  25. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 03:54 PM) If only they had a 1, they wouldn't have faced a 15.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.