Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 11:57 AM) Lin with 6 points, 6 turnovers, 2 assists. When do we find out what classes he took in 4th grade, ESPN? I know a lot of people will talk about the turnovers, but have you guys seen the Knicks statistics with him on the court vs. without him. It is a pretty ridiculous difference. He will always have high turnover numbers, part of that is D'Antoni's system, part of that he is an inexperienced rookie who at times plays a bit out of control. Plus, his handles are not near as good as some of the premiere PG's in the league. This has been a really entertaining game...wow Pierce just hit the 3 to tie it. I'm glad too, need something to entertain me while I work away from home.
  2. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 04:09 PM) Cubs system, then with Pirates Sox drafted him as well. Were very high on him but he stayed in school. He was a pretty talented kid when drafted.
  3. Fullerton takes down Long Beach!!!! Fun game to be at and my Titans got the 2 seed in the big west tourney. I'd be stunned if they made it to the championships and won though. Long Beach is so much better.
  4. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 01:25 AM) This is unfortunate. While I must admit, no one gives a s*** about the Timberwolves, you have always been pretty objective about most topics and are even unbiased when it does come to the Wolves. Anyone who regularly reads the thread knows you're quite excited about Rubio, but are also aware of his inefficiencies and weaknesses. You might take a shot at the Bulls every once in a while, but you're generally quite civil and back your case. I, for one, hope you do not abandon this s***hole. + me. Felix. You are a good, smart poster, and I appreciate your discussion. You had a lot of great input to the thread.
  5. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:51 AM) I don't think we'll see nearly as big an overhaul as people are hoping or expecting. That's not the Bears MO, and it never has been. If they sign 1 WR and draft another, that'd be a pretty big step (depending on who, of course). I'd be shocked to see them bring in 3 new WR. The only way that happens is if they don't think Knox will be able to play next year. Depending on what they do, I won't be surprised if the Bears take 2 wideouts in there first 4 picks. This is a deep wideout draft and the Bears have very limited talent at the position. Easily the worse corps in the league.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:51 AM) I don't think we'll see nearly as big an overhaul as people are hoping or expecting. That's not the Bears MO, and it never has been. If they sign 1 WR and draft another, that'd be a pretty big step (depending on who, of course). I'd be shocked to see them bring in 3 new WR. The only way that happens is if they don't think Knox will be able to play next year. And that is a problem. They have zero talent outside of an oft-injured Bennet at the wideout spot. I fully expect Roy to be resigned, giving them a #4. Knox doesn't even factor into the equation at this point (given I have zero confidence he can even play). Sanzy is physically limited and not very good (and even than he was one of the Beras better wideouts early in the year). I have excluded Hester which is probably a negative but it would assume he gets banged up as well and has his own injury issues (not significant ones), but definitely has had them when playing wideout. This corps is a joke and I've been saying it for years.
  7. QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 07:11 PM) Bears right now have: Bennett (legit, can be a good #2) Knox (busted back, may not even play in 2012, but a #3 or #4 at best on a good WR corps) Hester (sucks) Sanzenbacher (perhaps has potential, but for now sucks) So they need to find a legit #1, someone who can get about 1200-1400 yards. Bennett should be good for about 900, maybe 1000 in a full season. The other guy they sign (whose spot Ward would be taking) needs to be able to get at least about 600 with the remaining yards scattered between whoever else... I don't see Ward capable of that at this stage in his career. They need better than a 4th WR, they already have guys like that This. I think the Bears need to bring in 3 wideouts. At least one needs to be a good veteran (Hines would not be that). Another needs to be via draft pick. The next could be a draft pick or another veteran, depending on what they do.
  8. QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 03:55 PM) I don't know what anyone who wants Ward on the Bears would be trying to accomplish. You're getting a 36-year old WR (he's 35 but his birthday is coming up) who's sharply declined the past 2 years and has about nothing left in the tank, and can't run anymore. If you're signing free agents, how would they need to be "mentored" or "shown the ropes"? If you want him to coach, give him a navy blue hoodie and a clipboard. Otherwise we need the roster spot, and contrary to what appears to be popular belief, we don't have roster spots to just blow like that. You are getting a guy with hands of glue who is supposedly a tremendous mentor and would be a great coach for our younger receivers. To be frank, I'd see very little negative in having a guy like Ward, assuming you aren't planning on using him in anything more than a 4th wideout role.
  9. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 08:48 AM) Agreed. Hope they get better now that the 2 girl team is gone. I'm really digging Emily's "Sarah Connor" type vibe this season. I'd love to see a final girls challenge in the future of Evelyn, Laurel, and Emily.
  10. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 09:48 AM) Yes they are. I hope they don't stumble in their conference tourny cause as I sadi earlier in this thread they're a very unique case and I have no clue what the committee would do with them. CSU also won last night so more bad news for other bubble teams. They better be in regardless. I'm hoping my Titans make a run in the Big West tourney and knock em off. They have a pretty solid team too. Nowhere near LBState good but good enough to play some postseason ball. They currently in 2nd place in the conference (11-4; 20-8) but have finished the season really strong. Fullerton plays Long Beach on Saturday and I think I'm going to go.
  11. Long Beach State is really, quite good.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 06:16 AM) Hey MTV, don't be afraid to make new Dome challenges. And God, Paula is so nasty. I know I say it every tear but needs repeating. As a whole, the challenges have been really week. Next week looks pretty good though.
  13. Yes. Iowa with a nice controlling road win in Nebraska. And yes, I know Nebraska sucks, but newsflash, Iowa has been absolutely horrendous since Alford left, so playing near .500 ball in conference is great. Iowa had some horrible early season losses which really killed their RPI (which is horrific). Its too bad they will lose Gatens. Guy has been money this year.
  14. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 08:35 AM) Really? I neither recall that nor believe that honestly, since the White Sox aren't exactly known for picking guys with big bonus demands, and a lot of teams above us who needed pitching do have a habit of going over slot. A whole lot of people thought the Royals would take him at 4, IIRC. Putting Sale in the bigs his first year wouldn't exactly cover for much of the big bonus issue. It's also not hard to find scouting reports from the 2010 draft saying that if he drops its because of his arm motion. Keith Law, btw, has also never liked him. Same reason. Sale signed for a lower price because he wanted to get to the majors quicker and the Sox offered him that option. He was expected to command more money. Whether he dropped in the draft because of those demands, I don't know, but he had thrown out a feeler of a much larger number.
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 12:47 PM) Nope, Nope, Nope. And I'm sure Kyle is going to come in here and get on me for talking in absolutes. But NOBODY was watching those teams consistently. I won't say every night. It would be damn near impossible to watch EVERY game of any season. But I don't want to hear it. The Bulls from 99 to I think it was '05 ( or what year was it that they made the playoffs under Skiles the first time?). They were Charlotte Bobcats bad. Oh my goodness. I still remember when Corey Bengamin and Khalid El-Amin got starts. You all are liars. The truth will set you free. I watch as many Bulls games than than I do now. It doesn't change. Do I get more pumped up when they are good, absolutely, but at the same time, I get crazy delusional when they are bad and still cheer them on like crazy. Same goes for the White Sox and every other team I love and follow.
  16. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 11:44 AM) No. Like EVERY other Bulls fans in the world, when the dynasty broke up and they went to winning 20 games a season, I simply forgot about them. I didn't jump on the Shaq/Kobe bandwagon or anything. But I'm not going to pretend (and you or anybody else here shouldn't either) that I was sitting in front of the TV watching those Elton Brand-led, Floyd/Cartwright coached teams every night. They had a couple good seasons with Hinrich/Gordon/Deng/etc then quickly reverted back to irrelevance. They inexplicably won the lottery in '08, hired thibs two years ago and here they are. I'm still getting used to them being a factor again. I don't think the organization has done anything amazing. If they hadn't won the lottery, they'd be exactly where they were in '08. I was. Through thick and thin.
  17. They are still in negotiations with it but Boyer did indicate that he would be surprised if they didn't have it at the games.
  18. I was on the call and Fabian was pretty interesting. He talked about how he personally considers himself to be in the middle but that he goes back to the early days of Bill James. He takes both sides and puts weight on both and said that while Kenny is a scouting report first guy he still looks at the stats. He also mentioned that the Sox did have an organizational meeting with the coaching staff (reading between the lines, it was something related to the fact that stats are important to an extent so you should weigh some of these new stats and utilize them).
  19. In that case, I've gotten a lot of people fired. As soon as I realize that I'm not getting the answer I want (or the person doesn't know what they talk about), I ask to speak to a supervisor. In no instance do I believe I call with a ridiculous request (I rarely if ever call, so If I'm calling, its cause I need something and I'm going to get what I want).
  20. QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 09:34 AM) ruh roh And somewhere, J4L just experienced multiple orgasms.
  21. QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 11:24 AM) but those jobs aren't reliant on your customers' mood to make your money. Every single person I work with is my customer. Whether it is my staff or my bosses. It is my job to serve them/assist them, etc, and treat them in a professional manner. If it is my boss, it is my job to provide him with quality work on time and to assist him with projects and always offer various assistance. If it is my staff, it is my job to treat them with respect, teach them, and put them in positions to succeed and grow, as well as do what I can to help develop them and do anything I can to help them meet their future goals. Whether I'm getting tipped or not, I'm evaluated every day (as are most professionals) on the types of job they do and that includes how you treat other people.
  22. I'm not about to write Mitchell off. He had elite athleticism, if he comes even close to that, he should be a viable prospect. If he lays an egg this year, fine, if he plays strong, he should re-emerge as one of the Sox better prospects.
  23. Two weeks into the season now. My Titans are at .500; Won 1 of 3 @ #1 Florida (ranked that at the time) and than took 2 of 3 vs. #15 TCU to start off the season.
  24. Whoops. I'm on tape delay (DVR'd it), so I should point that out.
  25. LBJ is putting on a show. He truly is an amazing talent. I hate him but he is incredibly gifted.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.