Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:31 AM) Walmart can justify bad customer service with keeping employee costs low and thus their prices low. Best buy can't. You notice when a place is thriving or on the verge of death. Even when crowded, walking into a best buy now you can just tell that it's dying. The fact that I had a hard time finding a cheap keyboard for a mac that wasn't a hello kitty keyboard, when i could go to target and get one easily is a testament to this fact. They just don't provide anything easily. I don't have time for their bulls***, mostly. I was able to buy my phone cheaper at Best Buy (thanks to there reward zone card) and it has a better return policy than the phone had I bought it through Sprint. I like Best Buy. It has its problems but I like it. I also bought a couple video games over the holidays at prices that couldn't be beat anywhere. And to make things better, I got a gift card for $100 bucks there for Christmas (after I had bought the wife and I new cell phones) and I was able to go into the store and apply the $100 to my previous purchase, which was pretty sweet (with them crediting $100 back onto my credit card).
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:21 AM) That quote was talking about software, not unopened dvds. I'd be hard pressed to find a place that happily lets customers return open software. That's been the norm for ages. That article about the fall of Best Buy was just b****ing about bad customer service. Next article that guy writes should be about the demise of Wal-Mart then. What an asshat. And I agree about the 0%. Also, is Amazon going to be able to show me the picture quality of HD televisions? There's no way I'd buy a tv online without seeing it vs at Best Buy who will pricematch anyway. That article was s***. The article was dead wrong regarding the returning of DVD's. I returned an unopened video game the other day with no issues. As long as it is unopened it can be returned. That said, if the customer service rep told him that nonsense, that is a problem in and of itself because you shouldn't have to make a stink to have your item returned. And the author is completely wrong. I buy a lot of stuff on amazon because it is cheaper, utilizing Best Buy as a showroom. If BestBuy went out of business, I would feel less comfortable making major purchase items. Note: I rely a lot on the ratings/reviews I see online regarding picture quality, but I still want to see the tv in person from a "looks" perspective.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:14 AM) I actually like Best Buy if only because they are the only place I know of that still offers 0% financing. I use that on nearly all my big-ticket purchases. As far as I know, that's not something I can get from Amazon. This doesn't sound right. I just returned a DVD to Best Buy last week with no problems at all. Best Buy will charge sales tax so Amazon will give you about a 7.75% discount. Note: Technically you are still responsible to pay the sales tax, however, 98% of the population does.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 05:44 AM) I think it's better that way personally. No matter how he plays, the media will hype it as a Tebow-led victory. I'd rather it be true, then be like the Bears game where he did little to nothing and yet got tons of praise. I'll give the kid credit, the Steelers said we dare you to beat us with your arm, and he did. He whooped the Bears butt in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was due to the prevent and while they shouldn't have won (Marion Barber says hello), he was pretty money from middle to late 3rd quarter on.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 03:28 PM) Rivers and Romo huh Phillip has the track record that is pretty darn good. I realize he struggled for a chunk this year but I don't know how you could argue that Cutler is better. Cutler is better physically than every QB in the league outside of potentially Rodgers/Cam. But there is more to football than just that. I think Cutler is in that next tier of guys but I'd say Eli/Rivers are both ahead of Cutler at this point in time.
-
Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 03:18 PM) Karl Malone was a power forward. And he was also a superstar. I don't know any way around it. If it weren't for MJ, the Jazz win at least 2 titles and who knows what else they might have done. Malone was a hell of a player.
-
Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 11:15 AM) Lucky or smart or both, JR bought the Bulls the Carleton Sheets way, no money down. George Steinbrenner and Co. wanted out so badly, they basically handed the keys to JR in exchange for assuming some debt, and that was with Michael Jordan on the roster. I wouldn't mind one of my investments working out like that. I learn something new every day. I had no idea that Steinbrenner was a minority owner of the Bulls at one point in time.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 03:13 PM) Wil Cordero and Joey Belle would be up there close. Or Kobe on the Bulls, although that guy is loved as 2nd to God and Mao Zedong here in China. Maybe even more than Yao Ming. Guess Jesus was too busy listening to prayers over Christmas and New Year's but now has the time to focus on more secular matters like the NFL Playoffs. I don't believe Belle had done anything close to what Big Ben did. But I was a kid than so I could be wrong. And Kobe isn't a good example. Not for one second did I ever believe that girl raped him. The difference between the Kobe situation in Colorado and the Rapist situation are significant. Its all my personal opinion but I have zero doubt that Big Ben has raped at least one women, possibly two.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Damn...Thomas would have been very close to the 1st down if he caught that.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Another big play by the Bronco's offense!!!! Stupid delay of game penalty by Denver though. I'm glad Fox is opening things up a bit. The way teams defend Tebow you have to take chances down field and Tim doesn't throw a bad deep ball. If Pitt gets burned enough, they'll have to bring there safeties back and it will open the rushing lanes.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Wow, what an open field tackle on Wallace to hold them on 3rd down. I thought for sure Wallace would get a 1st down there.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 02:55 PM) I'm disgusted by the fact that I have to agree with you. PS: You should do it more often, haha. Albeit I think the two of us tend to agree quite a lot when it comes to the Bears. On a sidenote, the Bears are your 2nd team correct? I know you are a big Bills fans.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 02:55 PM) I'm disgusted by the fact that I have to agree with you. I was one of Big Ben's biggest fans prior to his off the field problems. I will never ever cheer for anything he does. I actually wonder what I'd do if the Bears had him on there team. I'd literally have to root for him to get injured so that I could go back to cheering for my favorite team. Damn, rough penalty for Denver. That was a great pick. Obviously it was an offsides though.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Cause you are a quality human being who doesn't want to cheer for a rapist to win.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Tebow!!!! Beat the Rapist!!!! Lets to Broncos!!!!!
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Interesting. Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, and Ryan Clady have been talking a bit on twitter. Cutler seems to be hinting at bringing both of them to Chicago. However, I don't believe Clady is a FA so no idea how the Bears would add him. Marshall and Clady would be tremendous fits though.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Go tebow. Beat the rapist. You are a horrible qb at this stage in your career but a tremendOus human being.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:30 AM) I wonder if there's something we can do to jazz up the title that would make it a promotion. For assistant coaches I don't believe that matters. I might be wrong but I know the Bears were able to block Tice from interviewing with the Titans for an OC job. Teams are not able to block assistants for interviewing as a head coach though.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
I guess Cutler has recommended the Titans QB coach but it sounds like Munchack absolutely loves him and no one expects the Bears to get permission for what would be a lateral move in title (although the Bears job will be more hands on and give him more experience). There are also indications the Bears would be all over Koetter but everyone expects him to go to Atlanta, assuming he is let go from Jacksonville. One interesting thing I saw for oline coach was ex-Bear Andy Heck.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:17 AM) Scott Linehan was the OC under Tice. Tice has worked with two pretty well respected offensive guys in Linehan and Billick.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:54 AM) He was the Vikings' head coach a few years ago. I think that he's called a few plays before. Maybe on rare ocassions but never has he been responsible calling plays for a full game.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
I've read on TalkBears that the Bears appear to be hiring Jeremy Bates. Has anyone else seen that or is that verified? If so, I'd be pretty exstatic. I think we'd see a similar but modified playbook with modified play-calling (and by modified, I mean similar to what we saw during Cutler's hot streak, plus more play action and rollouts). I think this is probably the best case scenario as it will not recall a total revamp to the offense. The big key is to add a LT and #1 wideout. From there I'm pretty confident in the offense. On defense, the team could use a DE and CB. Plus they have to start looking for a young MLB that can play the cover 2.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:28 AM) I said it last year when they traded for Wallace and I'll say it again. Steal of a trade for Portland. Didn't recognize Felton. Looked pudgy but fits that team nicely. Entertaining game. The announcerns I had kept talking about how Portland has wanted to trade Wallace since they got him. He'd be nice on the Bulls since he can actually create offense and get to the line. Crawford was on fire.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:27 AM) Worth noting...the team actually can't prevent him from interviewing elsewhere after the Ravens are out of the playoffs. So if that's not his call, it could still change. It was completely his call.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:39 PM) That's just it. Who fires their GM and their QB coach and basically fires their OC and keeps the head coach? Despite popular opinion, Angelo has had the Bears in the Super Bowl and NFC Championship game twice the past 5 years. Any other GM in this town does that, they get a close to lifetime pass. It wasn't his fault his top 2 players had season ending injuries. Not many teams are going to survive that. Obviously he has had trouble with the drafts, obviously his team is thin, but when you have several marquee players, NFL teams tend to be thin. He screwed up this year by not having a competent back up QB. An average back up probably gets the Bears in the playoffs, then maybe Cutler and Forte return, but Angelo then wouldn't be fired. I know there's a new sheriff in town, but GM's usually have to mess up a little more than that to get fired. Its just a theory, but paying out Angelo instead of having him just walk away retired (although they probably would have given him something anyway) is a small price to pay for the publicity firing him and going out and saying everything fans want to hear. If there hadn't been rumblings about Angelo stepping down for a couple of years, I doubt I would feel this way, but I really think this was more staged than an actual firing. Obviously Angelo would have had to play along, and I don't know if his pride would allow it. Again, just a theory. There's something about when a McCaskey says something about money being no object that just makes me skeptical. I will say this. I just never thought our front office/coach situation was all that bad to be frank. The Bears have made some pretty shrewd signings over the years and as a whole, have drafted relatively well. Angelo has definitely missed on his 1st round picks and had a run of bad drafts, but people forget that sometimes that happens to even the best GM's. Additionally, some of the people he gets called out for being busts ended up being productive football players (Columbo & Benson). The dude had put together two sets of competitive teams (a Super Bowl and an NFC Championship). I will point out that I could see him taking hit for not adding another QB, but in his defense, he also didn't want Martz. All I know is if Cutler/Forte don't go down, we might be talking about Angelo's replacement either way (via retirement) but we'd also probably be talking about how we need to extend Lovie. Lovie had this team in a great position and I have to remind myself about that because I think that is an important fact. It should also be pointed out that Angelo's worst drafts came with either (A) no picks or (B) during a period of time where Lovie had more influence on the organization. His picks of Bazuin and the trade for Adams go down as huge huge negatives for the Bears. Hard to evaluate the Adams trade though, since I have no idea what other teams were offering, since sadly no one got to see whether he'd live up to his potential.