Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:18 PM) Paul adds another 3 years of elite play to Kobe's career. Unlike Wade/LeBron, Kobe's actually good at moving without the ball and is a much better shooter than both. Kobe is an excellent shooter. I'd say he's a much better long range shooter than Michael ever was.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:14 PM) Paul to the Lakers? Well there's your west champ. Howard is going to LA. We all know it. Hooray for the impact the new CBA has had on competitive balance. If the Lakers don't get Dwight, I don't think this deal makes them better. Paul and Odom are good players, Gasol being an above average player. Hell, through the first quarter of last years season you could make an argument that Gasol was playing an MVP level. This is also retarded for New Orleans. They don't get anything very special in the deal (Scola is solid and Martin is meh) but unless there is a bunch of financial rammifications that I"m not aware of (and I'm sure I am) on Paper the trade is awful for New Orleans. Lakers have zero front court once Bynum has his annual injury and I don't know how much better Paul makes a guy like Kobe who can create his own shot all day anyway. I'm curious to see what the Lakers are going to do at the 4 and I'm also curious to know who there backup bigs will be cause right now they have absolute garbage there after this trade. If you get Howard than I understand. You've built up a new young core in Howard/Paul and have Kobe for another couple years and will just build via mid-level exceptions, etc.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
If they can get Dwight, its a great move. Otherwise I don't know how much better this truly makes the Lakers. Clearly they needed an upgrade at point but Gasol (outside of his soft playoff performance) is a damn good big.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Gasol and Odom according to Wojo.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Is that done?
-
Sox Winter Meetings thread
Two huge moves for the Angels. They significantly improve their offense and improve an already strong rotation. Wilson is getting paid some serious cheese though as is Pujols. Short term these moves should significantly help the Angels and it pretty much is there last chance to take fans from the Dodgers as the Dodgers should become much more viable once the ownership situation is settled.
-
Sox Winter Meetings thread
I'd do a deal for Adam Jones.
-
Mark Buehrle Appreciaton Thread
Mark...YOu'll be missed but I'll always cheer for you (except against the Sox).
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
I assume it has to do with complimenting Buehrle. I'm guessing no other news.
-
Sox Winter Meetings thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:57 PM) Thanks Mr Obvious! How is that obvious? Floyd has a longer contract so there is value there.
-
Sox Winter Meetings thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 09:04 AM) Is he really that fast? He can fly. Watched him play a lot at Fullerton.
-
Sergio Santos traded to Toronto
Interesting. Hard to comment at this point. Have to see what else is done. If we don't rebuild, this makes less sense. I will say I thought we could get more (at least a 2nd good prospect). But that is more because of Santo's bargain based contract.
-
Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread
Ok State impressed the hell out of me. I hate the SEC though. So boring.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:01 PM) They're not 20-25 carries good. The past couple weeks Barber looked better than Forte. Barber and Bell are fine. The Bears problem is the s*** they have at wideout (outside of Bennett) and Jay Cutler being hurt.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 01:27 PM) The NFC is pretty crappy outside of the Niners, Saints, Falcons, maybe Dallas? I like the chances of an AFC team in a neutral setting beating GB much better than an NFC going into Lambeau. With a healthy Cutler the NFC has about 5 teams better than almost all of the crap in the AFC. NFC is far superior to the AFC.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 01:10 PM) I know Cutler is hurt. But the Bears are really hard to ever take seriously. They haven't fielded a legitimate offense since 19ninetynever. They pretty much go as far as their defense and special teams take them every year. In the 21st century, the game is geared towards the offensive side of the ball. Look at the teams that are getting to and winning the SB of late. Explosive aerial attacks, solid running games, above average defense and special teams. Nice of you to troll when the Bears have a s***ty backup QB throwing passes. Bears had scored 30+ points in quite a few games with Cutler and were rolling on offense with Jay.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:58 PM) None that are any good with Forte hurt. Barber and Bell are both plenty good.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:13 PM) stop defending him. wilcots was right he made no play on the ball. very common for knox He might not have made a play on the ball but that was an awful throw and Knox was open.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 10:43 AM) He really does. I now understand why Martz demoted him in the preseason. He is lost out there. And his arm is weaksauce.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Fantastic news. I love me some Bennett.
-
Reinsdorf’s U.S. Cellular Field Lease In Jeopardy?
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 09:57 AM) Highest non-premium? Interesting way to see it, as it is the premium seating as a % that makes the average ticket so much more expensive at the other joints. However, you do make a good point, that from a certain perspective, the ticket prices are higher than average. Less than across town, but still higher than other teams. Or you could look at average ticket price, or cheapest available, or whatever. And that number seems odd to me - non-premium tickets average $40+ at the Cell? We have front row UD tickets as a season package, and their regular face for non-premium games is like $20, $24 or $30 depending on the game. Curious what their definition is. The White Sox are one of the most expensive tickets in baseball. I've been to a lot of stadiums and I'm alwasy baffled by how pricey seats at the Cell are.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 01:35 PM) That '04 Pistons team is criminally underrated. They didn't have that one dominant star. But you could argue that had as many as 5 all-star caliber players (depending on how you view Prince). Plus their bench was pretty deep as well. They were kind of the exception, though. In this league, superstars rule. Rasheed was a stud. One of the most talented and versatile 4's to ever play the game.
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
Dumb trade for the Angels. New GM and I still hate what they do. Chatwood has some command issues but has a really live arm. Plus, Angels wouldn't have even had to make this deal if they weren't stupid enough to trade Napoli and Rivera for Vernon Wells. Angels rotation at the front looks great, no depth at the back (with Pineiro and Chatwood gone). They are supopsedly interested in Wilson but Buehrle would be a much better fit, imo.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
I'd still take him as a back-up.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
If Butler is healthy I'd be a fan of his. Not a perfect fit at the 2 but it would work and our defense would be insanely strong. However, if we were going to waive one of our guys (using the amnesty clause) it would have to be Brewer as opposed to Korver. Korver's ability to knock down the 3 is huge in our offense (as it provides spacing for Rose to do his thing). Its also why Granger (although the Bulls will never get him) would be a great fit for the Bulls (he can knock em down from all over the place).