Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Oh come on, just as I post in the old thread?

Was going to comment on that.

86.19% is a pretty strong showing for us, I think. Seems pretty high compared to some of the recent years, though I don't know the numbers.

Lot of home games next year (8, including 5 to start the year), so hopefully people will come out again.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
Was going to comment on that.

86.19% is a pretty strong showing for us, I think. Seems pretty high compared to some of the recent years, though I don't know the numbers.

Lot of home games next year (8, including 5 to start the year), so hopefully people will come out again.

I think the entire conference had a pretty strong showing.

Average Attendance Per Game

No. 1: Michigan (111,825)

No. 2: Ohio State (105,278)

No. 3: Penn State (104,234)

No. 16: Wisconsin (79,862)

No. 19: Michigan State (73,556)

No. 21: Iowa (70,585)

No. 38: Illinois (54,188)

No. 45: Minnesota (49513)

No. 46: Purdue (48,063)

No. 57: Indiana (41,953)

No. 68: Northwestern (36,449)

Sorted By Percentage Of Capacity

No. 8: Ohio State (102.88)

No. 10: Michigan (101.75)

T-No. 15: Iowa (100)

No. 22: Wisconsin (99.43)

No. 26: Minnesota (99.03)

No. 30: Michigan State (98.07)

No. 33: Penn State (97.16)

No. 54: Illinois (86.19)

No. 69: Indiana (79.62)

No. 73: Northwestern (79.01)

No. 75: Purdue (76.9)

Edited by RockRaines

Guess we now know why possible first round draft pick Janoris Jenkins of Florida didnt leave early. He knew he wouldnt be able to pass a drug test and his stock would plummet.

With the first arrest for the Gators in 2011, the college football season has officially begun.

Ha, that would be awful. USD is a pretty decent tough team as an FCS team with a good moving QB in Dante Warren, but the defense has always been weak and was torched pretty easily by a bad Minnesota team - they'll get absolutely murdered by a team that is actually talented.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Can't wait for tomorrow! National Signing Day is one of my favorite sports days of the year. For me, it's bigger than the Super Bowl (unless, of course, the Bears were playing).

It's so overhyped, and it's turned into a ridiculous side show for these kids who haven't accomplished anything outside of a high school game. I'm with Herbstreit on this.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Looks like Forcier is headed to Miami. I would rather have gotten Savage from Rutgers transfer here but I'm good with this from a depth standpoint.

I honestly didnt see that coming, I thought he was going to the WAC.

collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/tcu-says-no-to-2011-rematch-with-wisconsin/

TCU apparently wants no piece of Wisconsin. But apparently they want to continue to fake like they want to play OSU who they backed out against 2 years ago. Come on, lets make the first game exciting and get your p**** asses up to Madison.

Wisconsin should have beat TCU.

Would have been a great game, but TCU wont play anyone, anytime, anywhere. If they would theyd have been glad to take on Wisconsin. I understand completely not wanting to play on the road at Wisconsin, just dont claim that youll play anyone then.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Wisconsin should have beat TCU.

Would have been a great game, but TCU wont play anyone, anytime, anywhere. If they would theyd have been glad to take on Wisconsin. I understand completely not wanting to play on the road at Wisconsin, just dont claim that youll play anyone then.

They've talked like that for a few years now. They left OSU holding the bag 2 years ago and luckily Navy was nice enough to fill the void on the schedule. OSU even game them a return game in their memorial game.

I would have liked to see how TCU could handle a game on the road in one of the loudest stadiums in the country.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/tcu-says-no-to-2011-rematch-with-wisconsin/

TCU apparently wants no piece of Wisconsin. But apparently they want to continue to fake like they want to play OSU who they backed out against 2 years ago. Come on, lets make the first game exciting and get your p**** asses up to Madison.

Meh. They don't want to play in Madison without a return trip to Fort Worth and UW only offered one game. They are a Big East team now, why would they accept that? Would OSU accept a game in Fort Worth with no game in Columbus?