Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Stewart or Humber?
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 01:00 PM) Humber, no doubt in my mind I really like Humber and think he'll be a solid #3/#4. Not sure Stewart will be any better than that. Since I"ve seen more to like out of Humber this year than Stewart, I'll go with Humber. I like Stewart, don't love him, and still think there is a shot he ends up being a better reliever than a starter. It will be interesting to see though. The big thing I like about Humber is he has the better "plus" pitch out of the two guys (his curve is just nasty). Plus he seems to get nice movement on his fastball and his command has been good. I see no reason Humber can't continue to improve and pitch like he did a good chunk of the year. Heck the only real time he struggled is as he started to fatigue. After building innings this year and with a good off-season of working out, he can be in much better shape and hopefully improve his stamina.
-
Are they done?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:10 PM) And any team could see Vernon Wells was owed a billion dollars for the next 4 years. But where there's Alex Anthopoulos' will, there's usually a way. That deal isn't AA being good, rather Reagins being bad.
-
Are they done?
Both of them are gone.
-
2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
I was listening to Sciosc being interviewed today. Man is our manager embarassing. I can't wait till we have a manager who isn't a complete ass clown.
-
Sox Did Not Put in a claim on Kubel or Thome
I don't know. IF the Sox think they could keep Kubel next year, this might be a nice move to try and help pick him up. Plus, it would give the Sox the ability to offer him arbitration if they'd like. Kubel would look nice in the lineup next year and would probably see a bounce back in his power numbers moving away from Target field.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 06:48 PM) Offensive line actually looked pretty good in that 1st half. A couple mistakes here and there, but there's 2 weeks to get those fixed. Run game looked alright, Cutler looked good with all the time he had. Defense was alright, a little vulnerable to the run, which should be expected with Briggs out. Wright had a pretty bad game, but if that's the only bad thing on the defense, they'll be just fine. Peppers was a monster. I was really pleased with Cutler. Good footwork and nice decisions. In fact I noticed a couple plays where he looked off the defense and made some nice reads (showing his comfort in year two of the offense). He got hung out to dry on wideout drops, including a couple big third down drops and than there was Hester's slip in the end zone. Roy Williams looked real bad today. Just one game but catch the ball. Defense had a couple solid drives but than obviously got crushed. Part of that was due to turnovers, poor field position, and of course the fact that we play a base defefnse throughout the preseason (not blitzes, minimal changing things up). We left the game healthy and despite the blowout score, I saw plenty to be pleased with.
-
Weaver signs 5 yr/$85 million extension
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 10:54 AM) So...does getting a $7 mil a year discount on Weaver negate some of the Reagins badness from the Wells deal? IT doesn't. That deal gets done regardless of Reagins. Clearly Weaver wanted to stay in Anaheim.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 01:30 PM) And yet, they're on the verge of fielding a competitive team again. And than they fired there coach and replaced him with someone who had no business being a head coach. They lost the top cb in football. Ya, I'm going to say they went backwards this year.
-
2011 Films Thread
Watched Pirates at the local dollar theatre over the weekend. Enjoyed it. Much better than the last garbage one.
-
Winterizing U.S. Cellular Field Being Priced Out
QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 01:36 PM) Wait, really? Northwestern doesn't have beer sales? Is that a school thing or an Evanston thing? Despite growing up 10-15 minutes from the the campus, I never went to a football game there. No beer is allowed to be sold at any collegiate sports event. This rule was implemented a few years ago.
-
Jim Hendry is out as GM
QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:12 AM) Jim Hendry is out as GM. Kenny should be next.
-
2011 TV Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:57 AM) No doubt. How can a 27 year old who dumps a bottle of cola on a woman call her out for being immature? Or comments about how the conversation could go 1 of 2 ways and one of those ways would result in her crying. Seriously...what kind of a man are you? Pretty pathetic. I'm rooting for Laurel and Cara and the new guys. I don't have a problem with Johnny and Tyler but I have to think the food poising at some point will catch up to Tyler. Was really dissapointed to see CT go down that way but I thought he handled the loss with class and I look forward to seeing him on the next challenge.
-
Complete White Sox draft and signings list
The Chicago papers should be blasting the White Sox for there lack of foresight and investment in the minor leagues.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 07:44 AM) You were jumped on because you were saying that when he was listed as the absolute worst player in the major leagues, so dont jump on your soapbox and act like we were all crazy for saying it at the time. And he is not "good". He is sufficient. He is having a good streak, coming on the heels of an epically bad streak. Good streak. His numbers are pretty much in line with his career numbers. And contrary to popular belief, he has not had a bad career. He's had a pretty damn good career and is a solid player and a quality leadoff hitter. Exception, no, but quality..yes.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:46 PM) That skillet usually does not decline rapidly...I think it's a mental issue. Hopefully PK can help him with whatever he did in 2003-2004 to get his confidence back. The one thing I remember is how in the presteroid era there are many example of guys, sluggers included, who just fall of the ledge. Richie Sexson is an obvious one that comes to mind. Of course he was in the steroid era. I can also remember Mo Vaughn and Cecil Fielder both declining a bit in the early 30's. Albeit, both were still relatively productive.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:40 PM) I remember the same...Juan's been our second-best hitter for about 2 months now. Always seems to be a second half player as well. Plus he is just amazing in the clubhouse and such a hard work. Guys like that, I have to respect.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:40 PM) I remember the same...Juan's been our second-best hitter for about 2 months now. Always seems to be a second half player as well. I should point out, those posters were right, they were just referring to the wrong player. Who knew Dunn would be so so terrible. Always thought he was overrated, but man is he bad. And I personally have zero expectation of him getting out of his funk this year. The Sox only hope is that his struggles are related to lost confidence and potentially being out of shape. Because if it isn't those things, we are in trouble. My eyes tell me he has real slow bad speed and a swing that isn't in the hitting zone very long. Basically put, he looks done and if he doesn't have a good start to the year, I will consider him Done.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:32 PM) Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Thank God it's over, seems most were about to give up if they didn't score there. Greg will be happy to be able to tout Pierre's clutch hitting the last 2 months, sure-fire signs of Ozzie Guillen pure genius for sticking with him all season. 8-1 against the Indians now in 2011. 1 game over .500 Ozzie sticking with Pierre worked. Pierre was showing signs of being his normal self by and large not much more than 6 weeks into the season. Clearly Ozzie has been rewarded for that because Pierre has been pretty much what he's always been and that is a solid leadoff hitter. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. But I'm sure people will still say he deserves no spot on a MLB roster. I vividly remember multiple people telling me how the Sox were starting a guy at the top of the order who wouldn't even be the 25th guy on any other roster.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
And that is a White Sox 14 inning WINNA!!!
-
White Sox vs. Indians
Wow...had no idea the game was still going on. Just finished up work for the night and came to Soxtalk to see who won. Lets hope the club can deliver here. Would be nice.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 01:13 PM) I wonder if I'm the only person on this board that owns only 1 TV. I only own 2, but we just have 2 rooms in our small place. One TV is 6 years old (56inch DLP HDTV) and the other is a 55inch Plasma. Both are 1080P. I'm hoping the DLP lasts another few years at a minimum and still love the Plasma.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 11:15 AM) That's because they had a deal where if you bought Sunday Ticket, you got the Premium Package for 5 months for free. Now they are giving away the Sunday Ticket package for free if you either are a new customer or if you are moving. Wow...that is pretty sweet. I wish I could find a way to trick them into thinking I was moving. I don't see how they benefit from that unless moving extends your contract or something.
-
MASTERS
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:58 PM) And partly due to the 8-12 guys under the age of 25 that are tearing up the tour. Was watching the tournament in Vancouver 2 weeks back and guys were hitting NINE irons 240+ yards. Tiger can't compete with that anymore. That was his bread and butter. Who hits a nine iron 240+?
-
2011 TV Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:21 AM) CT should have Miz get him into WWE. He would give great promos. Leroy is becoming a new favorite of mine. Screw Paula. She mocks Cara but than cries when Laurel returns the favor. Boo hoo you uggo. I'm backing Laurel because she seems nice (never thought I'd have said that). And Paula can't cry, she was being horrible to Cara too. I'm rooting for Mike & LeRoy and CT & Adam. CT looks like a beast, if the highlights are any indication. Looks like he just lays out Johnny.
-
2011 Soccer Season
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:29 AM) Brek Shea was impressive, and so was Agudelo. Jones and Beckerman didn't wow me at all and Buddle didn't do anything. I really wanted to see Adu in this game. Torres looks good on the ball but he doesn't defend at all. I thought they looked very impressive the last 20-30 minutes, so that was promising. It will be interesting to see what the starting XI looks like in a year when WC qualifying begins. I'd say only about half were present today. Agudelo looks like he has star potential. Very poised for an 18 year old and had some impressive plays. I really liked Shea as well.