Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:44 AM) Honestly, Valentine's tweet is the issue here. Ozzie at least has a World Series title, and Bobby Valentine clearly called him out with his tweet. I know it's the flavor of the millennium to rip on anything Oney Guillen, but in this case Valentine needs to be more diplomatic, given he's not just some nutty sportscaster, he is a former manager of the game. You just don't talk about other managers like that... there's a code. If Valentine wasn't already blackballed from the league comments like this will cement that status. Valentine is paid to give his commentary and he gave his commentary. The White Sox are making so many people around baseball look stupid and the more you watch this team play, the more you see that they are just playing with a lack of desire/passion and when that happens, the manager is going to get a lot of heat. The players should as well.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I'll gladly take a guy that would hit .310 with only singles. I'd be just fine with that. OPS be damned. Average is becoming a very underrated stat, imo. And no, I would not have that guy in the middle of my order, but in the 9 spot or in the 2 hole that average would work out quite nicely. Especially when you factor in his defense.
  3. Wow. Rios has changed his hand placement a bit these past couple days and is freaking crushing it. That was hammered. Of course they are all being pulled. Until Rios can show that he's capable of consistently hitting it hard to the opposite field, he's still going to have major problems having any prolonged success.
  4. For whomever asked for it during CQ's last at bat (Wanne?), Quentin decided to go Oppo and he just missed a HR by about a foot.
  5. Crushed! Paulie...YES!
  6. Holy cripes....White Sox threw someone out.
  7. QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:49 AM) He let the pitcher and the Twins bench make the call. He didn't even see it.... Did the Sox announcers even talk about it? I know the Twins announcers showed the replay and were like, wow, that wasn't even close.
  8. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:45 AM) C'mon Morel. If you're going to have a 585 OPS, at least MOVE THE RUNNER to 2B. That's all we're asking. Not a double, not a homer, just a productive AB. Did you see the play? Clearly you didn't cause it was a bad call. Morel wasn't out.
  9. Whether the bunt call was stupid or not is something that can be debated. What can't be debated is that Morel wasn't out of the box and therefor, wasn't out. It was a foul ball. And it wasn't even close. Both of his feet were still in the box for pete sake.
  10. What a horrible call. Someone please argue. That wasn't even close. He was clearly still in the box.
  11. Started out in the upper 80's and now has moved up as high as 92. But his pitches look very crisp and he's throwing that FB at all kinds of different levels (bottom half of the zone, upper half of the zone, inside/outside). His FB looks good.
  12. I think Peavy is going to have a great year for the Sox next year. He's got good stuff, good command and should be a lot stronger a year from now.
  13. QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:21 AM) I really wish Beckham would get it going on offense because he is an absolute stud on defense. revere can fly and he got him with ease. Impressive. Hopefully he can make some progress over the offseason. This would typically be the time you'd expect to see a guy "breakout". Heck, if he could get up to .280 with 10-15 HR's and a good number of doubles with his defense that would be fantastic. He's a stud defensive 2nd baseman.
  14. QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 09:57 AM) Not really the point. They have to find out what De Aza can do against lefty pitching. Unless they just don't think he's in the plans for 2012 at all, which could be the case. Sit Rios or sit Dunn and get De Aza AB's there.
  15. QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 08:23 AM) Today's lineup: Pierre, Ramirez, Konerko DH, Quentin, Rios, Lillibridge 1B, Beckham, Flowers, Morel I don't think the Sox are in it, but hasn't De Aza done enough to get playing time? I mean, Pierre isn't going to be here in 2012...play de Aza and see what he can do, especially against a mediocre lefty. Stupid Ozzie. Pierre isn't the guy you sit. He's not hurting this team.
  16. No response to date.
  17. I like that he works fast and hits the lower part of the zone. Definitely looks like he has the makings of being a middle of the rotation starter, which is nice.
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:32 PM) Of course. There are idiots everywhere on this planet. Not sure why you think it's cool for a public figure to call his paying customers idiots though. I take it you're not a season ticket holder. Just think what would happen of Obama called all the people who didn't agree with him idiots. I'm sure that would go over well. But Ozzie, he does it, and its just Ozzie being Ozzie.
  19. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:27 PM) That's irrelevant. You don't insult your paying customers. You know, the people that pay your salary. Its a good thing no one on Soxtalk pays me. I get to call you all idiots whenever I want, haha And it is ridiculous. Ozzie seriously needs to shut it.
  20. Well played sir, well played. Lets go White Sox!!!!!
  21. Hell. I understand the Sox paid a lot of money to Dunn, but we are in August. I'm pretty sure he's not going to just magically get better the rest of the year. At this point, its going to take an off-season of freeing his mind, working out, and making minor adjustments to hopefully get back onto his game. Yet this team has done nothing but trop him out in run producing spots and it makes absolutely NO sense. None. DA gave an example of what the Yankees did with Arod. The Red Sox in the past did things with Ortiz. Yet the White Sox have done very little. Same can be said for Alex Rios. Why should they still be penciled on a nightly basis when they have sucked through the first 4 months of the season?
  22. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 04:49 PM) Ask yourself the question: would I write this if the team was winning? If your letter is out of frustration tear it up. It doesn't do anyone any good including yourself. Now if you have made several copies before settling on this letter then do what you feel you have to do. I am a frustarted Sox fan also, but I don;t have a problem with Ozzie. I have a problem though with non-performing ball players. But, relaistically is there anything that can be done with them until after the season? I most definitely would and I have commented in the past about how Ozzie should have been fired for certain comments he's made in the past. The way this organization is behaving itself is wrong. And changes need to be made to hold individuals accountable. Truly, for me, it isn't about the wins and losses as it is about the way you handle yourself. I never have expected the teams I am a fan of to win every year, but I expect them to act and operate with class and right now there is nothing classy about the way Ozzie is doing things. And I could have expanded on problems I have with Kenny as well because quite frankly, Kenny due has the ability to hold people accountable and hasn't done that either. But even when he tries (see Rios), Ozzie seems to have another thing in store for him.
  23. Ok - Never before have I ever contemplated doing this, but I'm thinking about writing an open letter to White Sox management regarding the feelings of the die-hard Sox fans. Will it actually make a different, probably not. But I feel as though I have to at least let the organization that I'm such a huge fan of know what is currently going on in the mind of a die-hard Sox fan. Let me know what you think of the below and if these thoughts tend to summarize our base of posters. And feel free to make fun of my grammatical miscues, haha.
  24. Jon has updated the spacing in the article as well as apologized via the Tweet. He also informed me that he would like to apologize to the members of the forum as well over the confusion.
  25. QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:55 AM) All is well. I'll shoot you a PM later, I have to hop a flight home here in a minute. (Yeah I'm still doing the public acct deal). Hopefully you score the edit! Ahaha. At least its summer for each of us. Although for me, it feels more like busy season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.