Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:50 AM) Which is why I jumped all over it when I read it Jason. I've been here long enough to know the way this place operates, and it's such an off base quote. I do wish Greenburg or an editor would've caught the way that paragraph was written, quoted or not. Soxtalk is a passionate fan-run, fanatic Sox website, but it's never crossed the line described in this quote. Ya. I've been talking back and forth wtih the writer. Hopefully there will be some sort of edit or retraction. How have you been?
  2. QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:44 AM) I don't go there anymore so I can't comment but I hope that one could be against illegal immigration and not be considered racist or anti Mexican. You know today all the races and ethnic groups are mixed and matched like never before in history. Your boss, neighbor or significant other could very possibly come from a totally different background than you. In most cases people don't even give it a second thought anymore. Ozzie is not immune to criticism and it has nothing to do with his race or national origin. At least for me it doesn't. PC eventually gets oh so tiresome. The comments back there are related to politics and not racism.
  3. While all publicity is good publicity. I find it very offensive to have this site being labeled "racist". Up until 1967, it would have been illegal for me in certain states to be married to my wife due to us being of different races. So when someone labels the site that I own as being racist, I find it incredibly offensive and upsetting.
  4. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:10 AM) Who wants to sue for libel? I think we could prove it lol I'm going to put a kabash to any talk of that right now. A, it isn't libel cause he's reporting a quote from someone else. I would like to see a retraction though.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 04:27 AM) Jasmine and Jonna had no chance in that Jungle last night. Can Jenny be anymore repulsive? I'm assuming next week, if CT and Adam dont win the Challenge and go into the Jungle, that Leroy and Michael win so Wes/Kenny or Johnny/Tyler have to face them. Hopefully Johnny vs CT rematch. Hope Michael got a shot after making our with Paula. The previews for next week look great. Michael looks like he snaps. I'm also officially rooting for Team Laurel.
  6. I want to point out in no way does Soxtalk speak on that behalf. We allow posters to speak there minds but there has always been a line drawn in the sand and our posters 99.9% of the time respect that. If people want to email Mr. Greenberg, you can do so. But if you do, be respectful and civil. I personally just reached out to him. As the owner of this site I can flat out say if I saw that sort of post or comment, the post would have been removed and the member suspended or banned.
  7. I would love to hear the specifics. I just think at this point our organization is in dissaray. JR is loyal to two people who just don't see eye to eye. And that is just a situation that is bound to fail. We do have to remember. Kenny isn't exactly known for being the most professional GM either. Emotions have gotten the best of him just as they have Ozzie in the past. Ozzie's occur more often but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a lot of other drama that has went on that we don't know about either.
  8. QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:00 PM) I think you guys have leapt over the deep end with personal attacks on Ozzie. He's not a dumb buffoon, folks. Than why does he make dumb buffoon comments. At some point, perception becomes reality. Oh and how often do you want to hear him talk about how he doesn't know who "so & so" on the Jays is who shut us down. The guy doesn't do any homework as a manager. Compare Ozzie to the top managers in baseball, whether its Joe Madden, Mike Scioscia, Girardi, LaRussa and you'll find out most of those guys watch tons of film and know what is going on. Is it there job to know all of the inner workings of a players swing, no, but they should be familiar with the scouting reports and know the team. Ozzie isn't familiar with any of it.
  9. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:31 PM) I will re-post what I did in the Twitter thread: Thank you for the words Lauren. That takes a strong person to say what you did. We wish you and Mark all the best in Toronto. As the person who started the thread by posting Mark's tweet, I apologize profusely for insinuating what I did. I hope you and Mark enjoy Toronto, and that Mark has great success (except against the Sox). You guys seem like two genuinely nice people with all the charity work you two do. This sums it up perfectly.!
  10. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:18 AM) The Bears are wrapping up a deal with... Desmond Clark. Where was Desmond this past year? Or was he still on the Bears. I don't really remember him being cut. I'm a huge Desmond Clark fan. He's obviously past his prime but he's a high character guy who I always enjoyed having on the Bears.
  11. Yet another reason Ozzie shoudl go. Kalapse post was the best post and really sums up the sorry state of this organization. Really sad how one man, err, one family, has done so many bad things to the overall organization (sans the 2005 championship). Pathetic. The guy is right up there with Frank McCourt as being complete and utter disgraces to the game of baseball. Maybe it isn't him, but he's the moron letting his kid run around like a complete an utter moron. I really think if the Sox fired Ozzie we'd see this team start to play like the team we expected. I just get the sneaking suspicion a lot of guys want nothing to do with the Wizard of Oz.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Is it worth it to see Harry Potter in 3d?
  13. And just like that, trade winds is closed.
  14. Ahahahah. I'm an asshole.
  15. Aramis for Sale.
  16. Why is Lilli at first?
  17. Spencer can also play guard though, so this could be a depth move and truly not indicate that Kreutz isn't still an option.
  18. Bears still have money to sign another olineman. Spencer sounds better the more I read. He had some injuries, one back injury, plus a broken hand, but he toughed through them most of the time. Played 16 games in 3 of his 5 seasons, 14 in another season, and 11 in another. So not quite as injury prone as I initially feared. Still, Kreutz was Mr. dependable.
  19. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:04 PM) One thing is certain: Spencer is awful and a downgrade. I don't know if I can directly say that. Spencer played pretty solid the 2nd half of last year. But given the short camp and the ridiculous amount of in-experience in our oline, I don't like bringing on someone new to anchor our line. Oline is past his prime and not very good, but he's still the leader, captain, and the guy that knows everyone. I'd have much rather of had O'Hara. Problem is he's coming off of injuries. Hell, there aren't really any good C candidates out there.
  20. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:03 PM) Carlos Guillen almost got his teammate killed by staring at his homerun. Punk move by Guillen. DOubly punk move by Guillen. That was bad.
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:01 PM) Humber really didn't get hit that hard. Two infield singles, pretty bad defense/shoddy play behind him. AJ having ZERO ability to control the running game. He did get a bit rattled, but hey, it's the Red Sox. He'll learn over time. That's the one encouraging thing. He watched the video of his performance and was actually pleased with his pitch execution and location. Just that a lot of the breaks he'd been getting the first 3 months have started going against him now. I'm not panicking. I thought Humber had nice looking stuff yesterday and was rolling till the Red Sox got some bleeders and Boston, who has a deep offesne, was able to make things happen.
  22. This offense is very bad. Greg Walker should be gone and the team should be retooling a bit.
  23. Kreutz is never going to get close to 4M from anyone else. But sounds like Lovie, Urlacher and the rest of the players are freaking pissed about Kreutz not coming back.
  24. I wanted Cullen. Eagles sign Babin, Cullen, and Namda. Ridiculous.
  25. Gavin! Pierre! Konerko (Sac Fly) AJP (Game Winner)! Thorty! Santos!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.