Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
South Region
QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 06:25 PM) Long Beach and Wichita St lets down a lot of people who bought into the experts hype. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Long Beach State played a very very good New Mexico team. At the same time, Long Beach's best to 2nd best player (depending on who you ask) was injured.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
That's why I said if what I'm reading is true. Clearly there is a long line of history. Maybe his wife is a horribly abusive person and he just gets caught in the middle and has never laid a hand on her. And he just accepts the abuse.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 01:39 PM) If you honestly can't handle NFL players' off-the-field antics....you should probably not watch football. A large percentage of these guys suck at life outside of football. I want a #1 receiver. If he married some chick that stabs him and he pushes around, so be it. As long as he's not in jail or the hospital, and it doesn't impact his game it makes no difference. I also believe Cutler will help keep him in line. Listen. Most NFL players don't have these issues. They've all had certain problems. If you think the majority of the league has the issues Marshall has than I'd be stunned.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 01:33 PM) I agree that it's despicable that he has abused women, and there is no excuse for that. That said, he doesn't have to be a role model, there are other players on the team that can be that role model that you as a parent can point your kids too. The fact of the matter is, the NFL shouldn't be viewed as a pool of role models, teams pay and fans adore these guys to make ridiculously hard contact with other humans. They are basically trained to hit people as hard as they can, to use rage and adrenaline to their advantage. And I'm not trying to defend these guys like Marshall that hit women, he should be punished accordingly to the law, I just think people who label these guys as role models are ridiculous. Yea you'll find a few good ones here and there, but most of them are in the NFL and not doing something else with their life because they are good at one thing: violently hitting other humans. Think about when you were a kid. Who did you look up to. I'm pretty sure it was the people you saw on tv (in addition to people within your life). I also find it hillarious that people support this. If you were a boss, would you keep an employee who had all of these kind of problems (no idea what the law would saw to me firing someone for that but I certainly wouldn't hire someone if my background check performed indicated all of the crap as Marshall does). I have higher standards. Sports are great and I don't expect everyone to be perfect. People are entitled to mistakes and they are entitled to have 2nd chances, but when you are on your 18th chance, that is a problem to me. The league as a whole should have a better standard as it relates to things like that. Than again, people like snookie are stars. What the hell do I know. I just think that as an organization, while winning is goal #1 through #10, doing the right thing is also goal #1 through 10. I will hope the Bears did there homework and Lovie and everyone really did their homework. I trust Lovie's judgement. He's a good guy and by all accounts a very good human being who has done a nice job helping people with 2nd chances and there have been guys that have proved to change (whether it had to do with Lovie or not, I have no idea).
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 01:08 PM) That doesn't make any sense. He doesn't have to beat my sister to play for the Bears. He has to catch footballs. And yes, I'd love to live next door to Brandon Marshall, because that would mean I was rich. I knew you'd make that response regarding rich. But seriously, say you have equal money, is he who you'd want as your neighbor? I guy who constantly has been in trouble and has a history of violence? Would you want your kids looking up to him on the football field. I love the Bears and I'm very passionate about sports and I hope like hell Marshall is a changed man. But I also don't live under a rock, the reality is this guy has had a ton of chances and thus far has proven he is what he is (an abuser of women) and that is a major problem.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 01:00 PM) You just lumped beating in with raping and murdering. Whatever. Beating a women is wrong. 10000% wrong. If what is out there and he's done it to multiple women multiple times, that is wrong and utterly disgusting. I expect better out of the Bears. Again, I don't know all the facts, but if that is the case and he's just constantly gotten away with it cause he's great, well shame on our society and shame on the Bears. I've always been proud of the way the organization has handled itself in regards to some of the scumbags that play in the NFL.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 12:03 PM) Meh. Plenty of bad bad boys have Super Bowl rings. I care way more about the product on the field at this point. Listen, winning matters, but I look at things unbiasedly. If a guy is out raping or beating or murdering, I don't want him on my team. Period, end of story. I don't know the full story on Marshall but his history is incredibly alarming. Guys are allowed to make mistakes but when you have habitual issues, I have a problem. I always will point out that TO was a guy I always wanted, why, because off the field, despite being a crazy SOB, he hasn't had any significant legal matters. Let me ask you this, would you want your sister involved with Marshall or your mom? Or someone you cared about. Hell, better yet, would you want to live next door to that type of person.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
The more I read about Marshall the more I have a problem with the Bears going after this guy. Great player but what a piece of crap (if what I'm reading is true). How has he not done time?
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
That is horrendous. What are the Nets doing?
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:50 AM) My biggest pet peev is before free throws, he has to hold the ball and squeeze it for a few seconds while everyone waits for him to give it to the ref. That and going up soft. I love watching Taj explode to the rim than we have Boozer on the other hand, Where's Gage to defend him? I love Taj. Boozer is a good player though. He has flaws in his game but he's a good player.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:46 PM) NY Post reporting he "slugged" a woman at a night club recently and now she is filing charges. Apparently he was involved in a fight with another football player and it's unknown whether he intended on hitting the other guy or the woman. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nfl_rec...0KcuIXf8PiXfiIO Ny Post is one story. His attorney with another story. This sounds bad. Incident happened last night so it doesn't surprise me the Bears didn't know. That said, this could impact the overall trade. It also could result in Marshall being suspended. And more importantly, it means not only is he bat s*** crazy (which I can deal with) but he's abusive (which I have a problem with). I know he got stabbed but I wasn't aware of him having any issues with him doing the hitting. To me he was just Chuck Finley (but that might not be the case).
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nfl_rec...0KcuIXf8PiXfiIO Ah s***.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
I hope Marshall isn't in trouble.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Sean Jensen @skjensen Reply Retweet Favorite · Open RT @AdamSchefter: Bears WR Brandon Marshall was involved in another incident that could lead to an NFL review. Uh oh.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 08:19 PM) Honestly, I don't know much about Mincey but if he is a good DE I'd be fine signing him over Mario and with the money saved also bringing in someone like Atogwe or a OLB to help the team in multiple areas. Just to point this out, Atogwe missed most of last year due to injuries. He's a good player when healthy but this is 2 straight years he has struggled with injuries. I don't think he's that big of an impact player. If he's healthy sure, but that is a big risk you are taking. Personally I want Whimbley or Mario. If the Bears can afford Mario, why not. Dude is a beast and Bears shouldn't have a ton of guys coming due to get paid (outside of Forte & Melton) and Mario would make a huge difference on the defense. Bears can than target oline, cb, lb, and wideout via the draft.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Bears still in on Williams, who is leaving Buffalo having not signed a deal. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...bell-signs.html
-
NIT
Wohoo...Iowa wins.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Not 100% on that deal. I posted the link from another site. Might be rubbish. Note: Looking on twitter I see nothing. So consider that a fake report.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
@JayGlazer Mario Williams signs a 7 year deal with Buffalo, 52 Million guaranteed. Working on the details.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Great signing. Hope we never have to see him play a meaningful snap.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:52 PM) NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora Reports: Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte will agree to a contract extension within the next 24 hours. That is a fake rumor. IT is not on his twitter.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:19 PM) has there been any word on which 3rd round pick we are giving up? I have to assume its the panthers one this year, which is #73 overall the 73rd pick has a value of 225 pts in the NFL value charts. Assuming conservatively that the bears will pick 22 overall next year - their third round pick will be #86 overall, worth 160 pts http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php so the bears gave up 385 pts for marshall, which correlates to the #51-52 pick overall - so basically would the bears have gotten a guy at that draft spot equal to Marshall - almost certianly not just for comparisons sake - i found this which is actually pretty nice, showing what recent WRs have been traded for (as of 2010) http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patrio...-wr-trades.html It was the Panthers pick.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Royal excelled with Shanny. The deal is supposedly not final, according to PFT.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 02:32 PM) Supposedly there's some options being tossed around from the Bulls to the Magic. Noah, Boozer, Watson for Howard, Turkoglou if Dwight will simply opt-in for next year (ala Deron, ala CP3) Notice, no Deng. I'd totally do it. I really like Taj.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 01:39 PM) Eh, he's had a subpar year by his standards. Boozer's actually been more efficient than Gasol this season in terms of shooting. But still, its f***in' Pau Gasol. Gasol and Noah down low would kick major ass. Its cause the Lakers offense is a mess.