Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I take it back, it is Lujack.
  2. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 11:12 AM) I read a forum rumor that the Yanks are going to offer Wood 30 mil for 2 years...uhh. Impossible.
  3. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 07:42 AM) I'd be willing to transfer if relocation is at least partially covered. And it depends on where the location is. Experience has been primarily in retail/wholesale. And yes, Internal Audit. Thanks Jason! I'll keep my eye out. Only areas I'd be talking about would be Orange County as it is the marketplace I'm familiar with. Did you formerly have an accounting background and what level position are you looking for (Senior, Mgr, Senior Manager? ).
  4. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:41 AM) Yeah, I was not really keen on the steroid whispers. If that's the case, by all means, pass. I guess I was just trying to make it clear that I wouldn't rule him out because of the low average and strikeouts alone. I don't really care how you get on base, as long as you do it at a reasonable clip and you hit for some pop. He has done so over the course of his career. Again, if that is because of the juice, then forget it. I should point out, I fall on the other side. I can accept a low average if you absolutely mash consistently done and have the right lineup around that one clodder, but adding in Pena along with Dunn to me is where I draw the line. And I realize we aren't talking about a ton of hits, but I think the lower average you hit the easier you tend to be to get out in situations where you have to go up against a tough pitcher (think post-season or late game situations).
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:16 AM) He's been a career .841 OPS player and he's two years younger than PK. I think he'd be a very solid signing at $6-8 million. He hasn't hit over .250 in three seasons and his average has gone down each of the past 3 seasons with last year being a putrid season with a low OPS and low average. I think OPS is an important stat but I'm not going to ignore the fact that we already have one guy in our lineup that produces at a low average and I don't want two of those guys. His decline has more to do with him getting off the juice. His WAR has been 3. I'll take Lee, Konerko, and LaRoche over him any day of the week.
  6. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:47 AM) Worth noting...Pena is a really bad fit in the same lineup with Dunn. He's a bad fit in any lineup if he produces like he did last year. 2 hits per 10 at bats, yuck.
  7. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:05 AM) Paulie has every right to make a power play here, it doesn't mean we have play it with him. I say we set a price, a deadline, and bide our time. No matter what, I will always be grateful to have watched Paul Konerko play for the Sox. He became my favorite player when acquired by the Sox (I really liked him from his early years as a Dodger).
  8. I don't think it is Johnny Lujack. Pretty sure Jim Miller holds the record. I also know he holds the record for most consecutive 300 yard games in Bear history too.
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:35 PM) She may or may not be disappointed by it's size, but she's intrigued. Pursue and conquer. Post of the decade!
  10. Sqwert, you are in internal audit? Woudl you be willing to transfer? If so, I'll come me eye open for some IA jobs out here. What industry do you have experience in?
  11. Anyone that tells me that Carlos Pena is a more attractive option than Derek Lee is nuts. I'd rather have Lee or LaRoche before I'd even contemplate Pena and even than I don't see what their is to like about a hitter that hits for homers or nothing. I don't want two of those guys and Dunn is a s***load better than Pena.
  12. I'm watching the Clippers game as I try to because Griffin is a beast and wow does Del Negro look old. I wonder if he makes it one season as the head coach. He's horrible. And boy is his hair gray and he looks all wrinkled.
  13. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 07:29 PM) Agreed, but I don't even think it is as bad as that stat would suggest. The Pats are the highest scoring team in the league and so a lot of teams will be forced to throw a ton and accumulate a lot of yards and points in garbage time when the game is all but settled. If you look at the first halves of the last several games, the Patriots defense has played very well, limiting the Steelers to 3 points, the Colts to 14 points, and the Jets to 3 points. Now they obviously gave up some first half points to the Lions, but they clamped down in the second half. I think the Pats pass defense is probably more like middle of the road then dead last... I completely agree with you by the way and I think that is one of the may reasons why sometimes you have to take stats with a grain of salt. However, I don't think the Pats have an elite defense. It does have some good young talent though and it is improving and they obviously have a stellar defensive mind in Bellicheck. I also think that is part of why Orton has put up the numbers he has. He's been behind and they have no rushing attack so he's dropping back and constantly passing. Opposing defenses play softer defense in those situations and you can crank up the yardage. Not taking anything away from Kyle cause he's been better than I expected, but just another example of stats sometimes not being an end all be all.
  14. I am taking Wiscy. I think they could be playing for the national title. Yes, they are that good. I have Auburn beating Oregon.
  15. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:54 PM) Agreed. Bad thing for Lovie is that his career is in Angelo's hands. It will be Jerry's bad player personel moves which will be the death of Lovie in Chicago. Lovie still needs to win two games to secure a playoff spot, but he's done a tremendous job this year and is on the verge of earning another year and with a solid postseason I have no problem if the Bears start kicking the tires around an extension as early as early next season (whenever that might be). Lovie is a great CEO as a head coach and he's now got very good coaches and the players respect him. He's done some things that irritate me, but I'm ok with Lovie Smith.
  16. I don't think the Jets can beat the pats in the playoffs, especially since they'd have to go to Foxboro and win. Maybe the Ravens. I don't think teams that don't have above average passing attacks can beat the Pats though. Pats rush defense is solid, their pass defense is atrocious (32nd in the league).
  17. Boozer is an offensive player
  18. QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 03:32 PM) Running off Jay Cutler and trading Peyton Hillis for no reason. And forcing out Mike Nolan.
  19. I'm guessing he's getting 3yrs with incentives that can take him into that 18-21 million dollar range.
  20. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 02:10 PM) The Angels really don't make themselves better if they put Abreu in the field. Abreu kills them. They'd be best off using some of his cash and trying to desperately trade him to a team who could use a DH/part time fielder. That 2 year deal they gave him was really quite bad.
  21. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 02:06 PM) I think that Paulie is going to get a monster offer from some club... thinking he's in our back pocket is a mistake. With the current state of the market place, a 2 or 3 year deal at 13M per year is a relative bargain (and I use the term "relative" for a reason). 2 years with an option even more so. However, if he wants to win it would appear we are one of the better options. If he was willing to play DH, the Angels might be wise to give him a shot given they have a hole in there pocket and it just seems stupid to give Crawford as much as he's asking for.
  22. And you guys think the Sox are going to spend a few mill to keep Frederico? Don't you think we could potentially get more from Sale than Garcia and than have someone in our pen and than also move Sale to the pen later on in the season when Peavy comes back? Or am I off-base. I also don't pretend that Sale can just come in and kick ass as a starter but I like the idea of trying him as a starter. However, I think he's a much safer bet to succeed at a high level out of the pen.
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:55 PM) Garcia is the 5th until Peavy's healthy. As much as I want Sale to start, I think that ship has sailed for next year. Garcia is a FA correct?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.