Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 04:34 PM) Wasn't the victim jaywalking? And it seems like the family just wanted to cash-in anyway. Pretty sad. Not sure how much of an impact it was, but the guy who hit Adenhart had past DUI's and was absolutely blitzed where IIRC, Stallworth was pretty much right at the legal limit. Not condoning what happened but they really were two entirely different situations to an extent.
  2. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 23, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) Thats not something that requires sanctions though. And from what I understand they began a very high regulated educational program right after the incidents occurred. I don't know. USC got hammered because they didn't have a good enough tracking/monitoring program in relation to Reggie Bush. The NCAA really seems to be turning a blind eye on this whole Cam Newton thing in comparison to the hefty sanctions they hit USC with.
  3. I don't get it. I guess the players were more aware. Personally I actually support the suspensions but I also felt that Newton should have been suspended because I don't believe you can set the standard of a player not knowing being ok. He is very involved in the decision and I think it creates this loophole where a lot more parents will ask for money and leave there kid out of the process for their own protection.
  4. J4L, you just made me look like a complete moron. I texted two of my friends who like the Clippers making fun of them for getting shut out. I officially look like a complete and utter retard, haha.
  5. I won't be able to make it, or at least don't think I will. I find out later on this week, but it looks like January 9th or so is when I'll be in town for a 3 day conference.
  6. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 01:12 PM) Sarcasm? I used to hate the guy too, but actually grew to like him a bit. People sometimes take what he says too personally, for example when he tweeted "the kids can play II".. anyone ever think that at the time it looked like Sox are making no moves and were considering rebuilding? I'm actually being dead serious.
  7. Red Sox fans are complete jagoffs. Probably the most abnoxious sports fans I've ever met in general (and that includes Yankee fans). But they tend to know there sports pretty well and there are plenty of real good ones. Very much like most other teams. But I hate no baseball team quite like the Red Sox because of this holier than holy anti Yankee/evil empire sentiment that they spew which is complete nonsense.
  8. Good for Bobby and best of luck to ya.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 01:01 PM) My big worry about the Heat is we have no shutdown defenders in the backcourt, which is where Miami is the strongest. Ronnie Brewer is a well above average defender. So that helps to an extent. Bogans ain't bad defensively either.
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 01:00 PM) A's acquired Willingham, per MLB trade rumors for Henry Rodriguez (who's got a hell of an arm) and OF Corey Brown. I thought you meant the old Henry Rodriguez, the one who hit lots of homers and was sponsored by "O Henry" Bars, haha. Blast to the past. But the Rodriguez you refer to has one live arm.
  11. I just want to say, I think Cowley has been the best Sox related reporter all off-season.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 10:51 AM) I guess I just disagree, I thought it was very well done. Its not meant to be an action movie, even though that's how the marketed it. I thoroughly enjoyed Book of Eli too. Kept me entertained the whole time and at the end of the day that is all I can ask for from a movie.
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 08:23 AM) With Boozer, Asik, and Taj... Noah is the star we can afford the most to lose. It will hurt, but we are very deep in the middle of the floor. That depth + Rose is why I think we might actually be a great matchup against the Heat @ 100%.
  14. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 09:32 AM) Looks like the Heat are taking over. Wade has basically said f*** it and isn't waiting around for LeBron anymore. It was inevitable. No team with that type of talent is going to underachieve long. I want to be excited about the Buls. But it's hard when ultimately you know they have little to no chance against the Celtics, Heat and probably the Magic. I disagree. This Bulls squad is good and they might be able to find a league average shooting guard. In regards to Noah's injury, I think it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Gibson and Asik will get more experience and that should make them both much better later in the season when Noah comes back. Obviously we will lose more games without Noah but I'm confident we'll be getting a good seed in the playoffs regardless. The key will be not to have any other significant injuries.
  15. I still think if Jenks eventually takes a lesser deal it might be back in Chicago.
  16. Crain has good stuff. We needed someone in our pen and this isn't a crippling salary if he can pitch solid. Hopefully he'll be better than solid though
  17. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 01:21 PM) I donno, Carlos Santana is a STUD in the making. Hopefully that injury won't have any negative effects. Not sure if I make that bet but it's def not ridiculous. Santana might be a stud in the making but Joe Mauer is one of the greatest offensive catchers to ever play the game right now. Do you people realize how unlikely it is that some top prospect is going to than become the greatest major league player at there respected position of all time? Cause right now, Joe Mauer is on pace to be the best all around catcher ever. Santana has like 50 major league games under his belt. His minor league numbers also involved a very respectable .900 career OPS.
  18. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 01:05 PM) His minor league resume is sick and he was on his way to an easy ROY award until he got hurt. Oh yeah, he's a catcher. He'll never hit for the average, but I'm pretty confident when I say he'll be a much more productive offensive player than Joe Mauer. Umm, you are completely off the rocker. You want to make a bet here? This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've EVER seen.
  19. Chisoxfn replied to BigSqwert's topic in SLaM
    Ribeye from Ruth Chris or Maestro's steakhouse. I'll expand on the deserts and sides in a bit. Probably au grautin potatoes from Ruth as well.
  20. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:11 AM) If thats the case they will probably get a slap on the wrist, but how did it go from several players being involved to basically one? They won't get anything. As long as they acted in appropriate order the NCAA will do nothing. Iowa can say that they acted in an appropriate manner in all of this.
  21. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:11 AM) If thats the case they will probably get a slap on the wrist, but how did it go from several players being involved to basically one? What else can I say. Deadspin came out with a giant rumor that turned out to be untrue. Wouldn't be the first time that fake sports rumors took off because of some major internet rumors. It happens in this day and age. Someone gets some wrong info thinking it is credible and it blows up in their faces.
  22. I think if the Sox could move Buehrle and his contract, that works too. Either way I see a lot of possibilities between a Floyd or Jackson that could make sense. The key is the Sox would still have to spin for another pitcher. Whether that is Garza or even a Grienke, I don't know. Because moving one of Floyd/Jackson for Joba/Gardner is going to open a whole in the rotation while filling a hole in our bullpen and freeing up some salary. Offensively we improve as well.
  23. And straight from the horses mouth, no player failed this weeks drug test and players get tested at random on a weekly basis. Iowa did confirm that one player had figured out a way to get around the drug tests. Bottom line: The DJK thing was bad and Hampton was just a druggy (3rd failed test, which is why he got kicked off the team as team policy is a 3 strikes and your out). Robinson is being suspended and now no one is sure whether that reason is related to a failed drug test or related to scholastic reasons (he was held out of a previous game for 1 quarter for missing a class).
  24. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 08:55 AM) Having 20 players involved in a drug scandal as well as probably not reporting positive drug tests. None of that is in fact true. 3 players were involved: Jewel Hampton (who was forced to leave the school), Adam Robinson (suspended for the bowl game, possibly for academic reasons), and DJK (who is probably going to end up behind bars). Iowa did not lie about anything or at least it wouldn't appear that way. Anything else is just a bunch of rumor mongering that was going on.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.