Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:48 PM) Well unfortunately I'm not connected with scouts from all over the country, so all I have are the prospect writers. He has as much if not more scouting experience as the guys at BA, or KG or Sickels and, like me, he uses advanced stats. It pains me reading BA and seeing them still use ERA and W-L records as means of evaluation. Sickels is better than BA in that regard but he overemphasizes pitcher hit rates, which I don't care for. KG is far too tools obsessed. I can't comment on your long list if uninformed comments, but I'm sure you could compile a similar list on anyone who throws their opinions out there on a regular basis like he does. Especially since we are all evaluating prospects, who as we al know, tend to fail a lot more than they ever succeed/pan out.
  2. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:06 PM) has it been discussed that if the bulls sign Lebron, they will have to get rid of the "No Headbands" rule? It'll be gone, I guarantee it.
  3. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:03 PM) Why not? I am sure they could send him along to the Kings for something. I dunno, maybe Bosh passes on the extra money if he has a chance to play with LeBron, but I don't see him as that type of guy... I think Bosh or LBJ will be our big signing and I think we will get one of em. I sure as hell hope so because I think if we can get one of them, than whatever and whomever else we sign, we'll end up being a title contender, imo.
  4. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:02 PM) Toronto doesn't want Deng, so there would be no sign and trade with them if we get Bosh I know it has bee nreported that ist he case, but I wouldn't give up. If Deng/Taj is the offer, I think they take it. I don't get this talk of the Nets winning out, but crazier things could happen and the odds are better than Miami getting both of em.
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:57 PM) The point I am trying to make is how is LeBron going to play with Bosh if Bosh is making more money than him? I agree with Bucher that it just is not happening. I think of it as doing a S&T to make sure Bosh gets max money. I think you and Bucher are completely correct in the sense that there is no way LBJ will be paid less than any of the other guys. It is why I find it more likely we end up with LBJ/Johnson or LBJ/Boozer or LBJ/Amare, etc.
  6. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:53 PM) But if you saw Bucher, he explained why it would not work. In theory, the numbers add up, but you have to find NINE other guys willing to sign for nothing. He then went on to say that LeBron is not going to want to play with Bosh if Bosh is making more money because he came as a sign and trade. There is no way LBJ would be the least paid. There is no way LBJ would be the 2nd fiddle and quite frankly, LBJ will always be 2nd fiddle to Wade if it is in Miami. I can't even go on how stupid those rumors really were, imo. Do I get nervous, sure, but all sensible logic tells me it makes zero sense from LBJ's perspective. I still think the Bulls get one of the following: LBJ/Bosh, LBJ/Johnson, Bosh/Johnson
  7. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:51 PM) So is Bosh definitely going to go as a sign and trade? If so, I just don't see any way that Bosh and LeBron end up on the same team. And yet, Bucher seems to think the two could go to Chicago, but not to Miami with Wade. I don't get that. The Bulls could do a sign and trade relativeily easily with Toronto and find a way to get Bosh at a max deal. It would be easy if they wanted Deng, a little harder if they didn't. The reason they don't think it would work for Miami is that Chicago has better assets to offer Toronto. That said, at the end of the day, Bosh holds all hte leverage, not Toronto, so at the end of the day, I think Toronto for the most part will take what they can get (albeit, I don't know if it would be just Deng, but Deng/Taj would be something they'd at least think about). And it frees up enough money for the Bulls to possibly go LBJ/Bosh/Ray Allen.
  8. I'd really love Chris Bosh though. I think he'd be a legit get (with or without LBJ). I'd be exstatic over Bosh and Joe Johnson. Not sure if it happens and I'd prefer LBJ but I'd love that other combo.
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:42 PM) Nay. Nay, I'd go after Amare and keep Noah. Now if we could trade Deng and Noah, than I'd think about it because of the extra financial flexibility to hit 3 guys. Now if getting Bosh ensured LBJ, than I'd give up Noah straight up for Bosh
  10. Real Gm reporting Wade has given up in trying to lure LBJ to Miami. It will be a 2 team race, imo, between the Bulls & Cavs.
  11. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:14 AM) Why does Law hate us again? I've seen the story before, but can't remember it. I think it has to do with the David Wells deal?
  12. ESPN1000 reporting that the Bulls will be meeting Bosh at 12:01. I'd have to think that is a good sign. Hopefully he doesn't meet with anyone else after that meeting.
  13. QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:58 AM) Depends on who you support.. WTG Coach Tanner and the boys! Go Cocks! Congrats Cap. I thought of ya when USC won.
  14. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:43 AM) I don't think the Bulls have the horses to trade for Carmelo. I think they'd listen to a Noah/Deng/JJ/picks offer. Dont' see why they wouldn't. We might even be able to take on a bad contract. I also note I hate giving up Noah. We could also try to give them Taj/Deng/JJ/Picks.
  15. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 06:24 PM) Damn, Morel is starting to get into territory where I dont really want to trade him. Anyone have any idea of what his upside is in the big leagues? I don't think Morels trade value is to the point that it would be worth trading him. He isn't considered an elite prospect, but he has a pretty good chance of being a league average 3rd baseman. So I would be hard pressed to trade him, since I don't think we'd get enough value back.
  16. QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) Accurate. Sounds like another parent of a player chasing the dream. Good luck to all of them!! Completely agree. As a fan, a former player (albeit never past high school, lol) and a guy who has a few friends that have played in the minors, I wish and cheer for every guy to eventually make it. They go through a lot for the love of the game and a chance to "make it". And it isn't a glamorous life style. Baseball really is nothing like the NFL/NBA where by and large you get drafted directly to the "show", in baseball, 1st round or 50th round you got to earn it. A 1st round pick will get more opportunities, but at the end of the day, the guys that want it, have a shot at it. People sold Buehrle short, Pedroia short (albeit he was drafted high), Pujols wasn't a top 10 round pick, Piazza went in a round that dosen't even exist anymore, etc, etc. Maybe Chase can be our Piazza
  17. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:44 PM) http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/insider/col...&id=5338763 Keith Law is putting out his updated top 25 prospect list today, and to no one's surprise, no sox prospects were on it. Realistically, I think Hudson is pitching like a top 40 prospect this season, but Law might not even have him as a top 100. Though he didn't include any white sox in the top 25s, he didn't waste the opportunity to bash our new 1st rounder Chris Sale. Here is what he has to say about Sale. Of all new draftees, he has be bash on Sale, not that we even expect him to be on the top 25 (Harper and Taillon wasn't on it either). What a jerk. But what I am really mad about is the number 3 prospect Mike Trout of the Angels. Supposed he was on the Sox radar going into the 2009 draft and many mock drafts have him going to the Sox. But the Sox went ahead with a safer college choice in Jared Mitchell. Trout was regarded as a better prospect going into the draft. What a difference a year makes, Trout is looking like the best player in the minors with .370 BA and over 1.000 OPS as a lead off hitter. He is closing in on 40 SBs and we are not even in July yet! Crazy right, and he is still 18 years old! Mitchell on the other hand has yet to play a game this season and still has a long way to go till he reach the bigs. I guess one of the main reasons the Sox passed on Trout is the fact that he might be a tough sign as a high school player. But it really frustrates me that we are passing on top notch talent to go with safer ones. I think we haven't drafted a high schooler in the first round since Kris Honel in 2001. Mitchell wasn't a safe pick, not at all. I loved Trout, but most people coming out of the past draft thought Trout was a safe prep guy that had a Rowand like ceiling. Mitchell had a Crawford like ceiling and was kicking ass up until his unfortunate injury in spring training. And the above is coming from the guy that was probably most on board with Trout on this forum. But no one expected Trout to hit as much as he did. Part of the issue was playing in the North East you just never know, but the guy has came on like gang busters. If we had Trayce/Micthell healthy I'd think a lot of us would have far less concerns about our system because both guys have "elite" tools. And when I say that I don't mean they'd necessarily be elite players, but they have the ability to be difference makers. Mitchell with elite speed, Tracye with elite bat speed and athletism for a guy his size.
  18. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:28 AM) The reporter (LeBatard). I posted the tweet in the lebron thread. Gotcha. I've read the tweet. I hope no one else jumps on it. Bosh had talked within the past 24 hr's with a reporter and said winning is all that matters. Didn't sound like he had made up his decision and Riley is still planning on flying and meeting with other bigs, which makes you think it isn't a done deal. But Riley might also be covering his basis.
  19. Carmelo might be available as well. I'd be all over that if we lost out on James. I want LBJ though.
  20. QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:40 AM) RealGM boards are saying he reported it on his Twitter. I am at the point where I am prepared for Boozer and Johnson and I am happy with that. Bosh? Or the Reporter?
  21. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:46 AM) Okay then this isnt the worst case scenario. It takes Miami out of the running for Lebron (arguably the more important piece to the puzzle). The question would be what to do with the rest of the money? Amare would be a nice consolation prize. Would there be any possibility of a trade for Melo? Not even sure hed fit, but Melo, Lebron, Rose would be quite a trifecta. The bad part is, it means if LBJ stays in Cleveland the Bulls won't get Bosh. And that would be a decent size downgrade from Amare/Boozer/Lee/Johnson/Gay.
  22. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:35 AM) Well it kills the idea of Bosh coming here, which sucks. But I am with you that if it happens, it kills LeBron to Miami. I also think this might actually help the chances of him coming here if it's true. Are you going to beat Bosh and Wade in Cleveland? New York? New Jersey? How about in Chicago with Rose, Noah, and probably another pretty big name free agent? I don't think Bosh/Wade is all that good. THey won't have anyone else and it will take a year or two at the very least until they have decent enough role players (hell, decent enough 3 other starters).
  23. Peavy vs Grienke!!!! Lets keep it rolling Peavy
  24. If that happens, it isn't a huge deal. It pretty much means Lebron is going to go to Chicago or Cleveland. The Bulls just need to look at Amare or Johnson to join LBJ and sell him on that, imo.
  25. Today's lineup: Pierre LF, Ramirez SS, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin RF, Kotsay DH, Pierzynski C, Viciedo 3B, Beckham 2B - Floyd P.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.