NBA Offseason Thread

Id say Cleveland is the favorite, but I would bet the field.

If I had to guess, I would say it goes:

1. Chicago

2. Miami

3. New Jersey

4. New York

I give NJ the slight edge due to the fact that Jay-Z is a part of the team, a rich new owner and the possibility of moving to Brooklyn.

If Lebron cares about his state and his home town, he wont leave Cleveland. If he cares about winning and being perceived as the greatest NBA player of all time, then hes gotta leave to get some rings.

Earlier, I figured that he'd just re-sign. But since the playoffs, I'm leaning towards the Bulls because LeBron's pissed about their failure to build a team for him in Cleveland. Plus, the Bulls are the only other playoff team with cap room for him.

Miami would be a close #2 tie with Cleveland and New York as a distant third.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
Earlier, I figured that he'd just re-sign. But since the playoffs, I'm leaning towards the Bulls because LeBron's pissed about their failure to build a team for him in Cleveland. Plus, the Bulls are the only other playoff team with cap room for him.

I think Houston has room for a max deal as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
I think Houston has room for a max deal as well.

Houston might be a place as well, but McGrady proved that you need more than a giant center and a shooting guard/small forward to win consistently.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Houston might be a place as well, but McGrady proved that you need more than a giant center and a shooting guard/small forward to win consistently.

It's funny that a healthy Yao Ming would be a great fit with LeBron, as he's a fantastic catch and shoot player. Meanwhile, Shaquille was just about the worst fit ever.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
It's between Cleveland and whatever team has the guts to bring in Calipari.

Its gonna be hilarious when he leaves Kentucky this year after telling Wildcat folks he will stay.

Cleveland. I'm not going to pretend the Bulls have a legitimate shot. Lebron loves this. It's going to be the great Lebronathon for the next 50 days. He'll thank the Bulls, Knicks, ect for the overwhelming interest, love, respect....Yadda, yadda. And he'll in the end say his heart is in Cleveland and all that stuff.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
It's between Cleveland and whatever team has the guts to bring in Calipari.

That's what Laurence Holmes was talking about today. KC Johnson wrote something about this in the papers today.

In my opinion, if you can get LeBron, great. But I'll settle for Wade or Bosh.