NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
well that and the team isn't very good and he won't stay if another FA doesn't come

That wouldn't be loyal...

...oh wait, I forgot only teams need to be loyal, not players.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
That wouldn't be loyal...

...oh wait, I forgot only teams need to be loyal, not players.

of course it isn't and he is playing the game by downgrading the Bulls, as I posted above, trying to be impartial as I can, without having to align another FA Chicago is the best destination for a FA and Wade knows that and is trying to make the Bulls look bad. (Although I think the Clippers could be a great spot, but not sure any of those guys want to share the city with Kobe and be on the 2nd team)

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
(Although I think the Clippers could be a great spot, but not sure any of those guys want to share the city with Kobe and be on the 2nd team)

It's not just that it's the 2nd team in that city. I wouldn't have a problem if it was the 2nd team in a city like L.A. My problem would be...it's the most chronically dysfunctional sports organization in history.

LeBron James told CNN's Larry King that the Cleveland Cavaliers "have an edge" when it comes to signing him when the free agency period begins on July 1.

James answered "absolutely" when asked by King if Cleveland has an edge to re-sign him due to his familiarity with the team. The interview was taped Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN's "Larry King Live," capping the program's 25th anniversary celebration on the network.

"Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And -- and so it does have an edge," James told King.

Link

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
I don't put much stock into this. Teams still can't talk to FA's so if he says Chicago or NY, people would be up in arms.

Agreed, nothing that he says will really matter once the market opens. He's been well coached about this for a few years now.

Hmm;

Super agent David Falk says that LeBron James would be making a mistake by playing in Chicago.

"He should not play in Chicago." Falk said. "If he doesn't win six championships, he is a failure. If he doesn't win the MVP five times, he is a failure. Every night he walks into the building he will walk past the statue of Michael Jordan. LeBron is too big. He should not have to play in the shadow of Michael Jordan." Falk also said James should not got to the Clippers and play in Kobe Bryant's shadow, but his strongest comments were about the Bulls.

Hell always be in MJ's shadow no matter where he plays.

He was billed as the NEXT Michael Jordan.

The only way he can ever eclipse MJ would be to do it as a Bull in the house built by Jordan.

He wins 7 championships as a Bull, wed be talking about the next Lebron James.

If he wins 6 championships for any other team, people would still think MJ was better.

I dont think any of that stuff matters though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
NBA Free Agent Slot Machine

Most common scenarios for each free agent that I get:

LeBron & Bosh to Bulls, Wade & Boozer to Miami, Amare & Johnson to Knicks, Dirk to the Suns, Lee to Nets.

I spun the thing 14 times and Joe Johnson went to the bulls 7 times, Carlos Boozer twice no one else went to the bulls even once.

Edit: I just spun the thing 4 more times and Lebron went to the bulls all 4 times twice with Johnson and once with Amare.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 02:16 AM)
I spun the thing 14 times and Joe Johnson went to the bulls 7 times, Carlos Boozer twice no one else went to the bulls even once.

Edit: I just spun the thing 4 more times and Lebron went to the bulls all 4 times twice with Johnson and once with Amare.

Spun it 4 times with NOT ONE going to the Bulls, spun it a fifth and LBJ and Wade to the Bulls. The second time I spun it it had LBJ, Wade and Amare on the Heat

I can totally see the Bulls not getting one of them as well

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
I'd like to officially add: who gives a s*** where this turdball goes?

Thank you.

Oh and no disrespect to any of the work ya'll have done. I just can't stand this guy. His ego is bigger then his game.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
I'd like to officially add: who gives a s*** where this turdball goes?

Thank you.

I do if he goes to Chicago. If the Bulls don't get one of the bigger names, let me just say the weather won't be so fair for this fan...

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
LeSelfish hasn't won for a reason.

If I were a Bulls fan (YESSSSSSS, Hawks score!!!) I would take anyone besides LeSelfish.

How is he selfish? I would say he is almost too unselfish at times on the court.