Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:00 PM) any chance the wade meeting takes place during the bosh meeting with the bulls today and they both agree right there and then? Highly doubt it. I still have no idea how all of this will play out, but earlier today I felt like Lebron was our only hope at a title and I don't know how likely that is, now it seems like the picture opened up a bit more. But still lots of time between now and when the guys can ink deals.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I still think Wade stays, but I am excited about Noah no longer being a sticking point in a S&T. I'm curious to see what the news will be after the Bulls meet with Wade/Bosh. Do they Bulls have some hush hush deal to move Deng and create even more cap space?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:48 PM) There is also a report from Wallace saying Wade is using us as leverage with the second meeting to get Miami to sign LeBron soon. That makes no sense. Why would Miami need any additional pressure to sign Lebron. It isn't really in there hands. And who is Wallace?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:43 PM) B & B are making it sound like now the bulls will be last tomorrow, even after the Cavs. Anyone pick up the story, it was eluded to on the radio but didn't hear the whole thing, something about Riley's presentation to Lebron and showing him championship rings, they made it sound like Wade didn't like it and didn't think it was enough They will. It sounds like the Bulls are talking about trying to get LBJ/Wade on the same team.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
f***ing huge. If we could land Wade, I'd say screw it and land him and Bosh. At this point I don't want to get shut out. I'm giddy. I want LBJ, but I'll take Wade and Boozer/Bosh/Lee.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Who the hell is LebrontoChicago
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I made a superthread.
-
July 2 signing period nears, Sox interested in...
Its sad how much we financially ignore our farm system. You don't invest cash, you don't get results.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
If the Dutch hold on, we can't pretend like this is some huge upside. The Dutch are one of the best teams in the world!!!! :WOOWOOOWOWOWOW
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Go DUTCH!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:21 AM) Per, the Score that the Bulls held a meeting with Boozer yesterday. If so, that would explain what Pax and Thibs were doing at the Trump, since KC reported that they didn't meet with Bosh. Others are reporting that the Bulls reps did have a very informal half hour conversation with Bosh though. Big pitch is today though!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 10:55 PM) I can't say I'm 100000% sure they talked to Bosh, but there is really no other reason why they'd be there with Bosh and Boozer there as well. Per, the Score that the Bulls held a meeting with Boozer yesterday. If so, that would explain what Pax and Thibs were doing at the Trump, since KC reported that they didn't meet with Bosh.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 10:43 PM) Paxson and Thibodeau were definitely there, there is no denying that. I think it was more of a "Welcome to the city, we're looking forward to talking to you in great detail tomorrow" type deal. And Paxson was smiling ear to ear afterwards. Awesome.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
Wow, so sorry to hear that ace.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 10:35 PM) Don't know if this was mentioned, but Bosh and Boozer are both at the Trump Tower tonight and both will meet with the Bulls tomorrow. Paxson and Thibodeau had a brief and informal visit with Bosh today and tomorrow will be the 3rd time they have talked since 12:01 yesterday. Where did you see something on Boshd meeting with the Bulls today? I knowt hey chatted with Bosh on Thursday (right at midnight) and than were scheduled for Friday. KC JOhnson keeps saying no other meeting happened. I did see where Sam Smith said the Bulls might throw out all the stops and offer up for a huge sign and trade with the Raptors which would still leave the Bulls with a good deal of cap room. I'm hoping we find out tomorrow that we've secured Bosh. That would be huge. Interesting that we are going to be meet with Boozer too tomorrow. I know we are evidently going to meet with Amare as well.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 02:48 PM) It's fake. KC Johnson said it was real.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Well, I was right people, or apparently. Sounds like Bosh won't meet with the Bulls until tomorrow. We have to hope Miami doesn't ink him by than.
-
The Tiger Woods Marriage Saga Thread
I'm skeptical of this figure, but I got a feeling she knows about Tiger cheating and I mean HGH/Steroids/etc. Hearing of new mistresses or about a couple kids ain't going to be worth 750M. Finding out he juiced like crazy would completely destroy everything he's ever accomplished.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 11:20 AM) I think Sacramento would take him though. If Memphis loses Gay, they might have an interest in Deng.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 11:19 AM) He's meeting with a lot of teams again today, not just the Bulls. Yea, he'll be meeting with other teams. My question is, do we know he's actually meeting with the Bulls today? Cause the article on the trib site, from KC, says that the Bulls are working on scheduling a meeting with Bosh for TOMORROW. And that they are working on it. Didn't sound like it was a done deal, but maybe that article is old news?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 11:12 AM) It sounds like he's on the ground in Chicago leaving the airport right now. Ya, but he's in Chicago for the Nike Basketball camp. There are a lot of other guys coming to Chicago for this weekend too. Is he actually headed to meet with the Bulls today?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
So are we meeting with Bosh today or tomorrow? KJ Johnsons article indicates that the Bulls are trying to secure something with him tomorrow. We also meet with David Lee tomorrow.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
At the end of the day, it is going to be hard for any team to turn down the extra 30 or so mill that they could get by getting a full max deal from there existing team. Bosh is the one guy that will probably for sure go, because TOronto will do a S&T. Amare/Johnson aren't worth the money if they are getting full maxes, imo. So the Bulls are going to have to hope LBJ is ok not getting full max because of the plethora in endorsement money he could get.
-
Keith Law's new top 25 prospect list
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 06:29 AM) The Sox system does indeed suck right now. But that doesn't change the fact that Law, as a pattern, has consistently talked Sox prospects down below where everyone else has them, and has taken every opportunity to bash, even when off topic. There is clearly a bias there. Completely agree with that too. Law has always had an agenda against KW.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 06:12 AM) this reminds me of the big 12 realignment. Hopefully my the bulls don't get screwed like mizzou. I actually thought about that. Right now we are hearing rumors of all these superconferences, yet at the end of the day I think a lot might end up staying the same.