Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:35 PM) http://twitter.com/ericmansfield Apparently, an online form has LeBron changing his home from somewhere in Cleveland to Chicago...? Who the heck is BJ's home? I read on RealGM someone saying something about tax stuff. But who the hell is BJ? Is that his mom?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:31 PM) Not to bust bubbles, but KC Johnson doesn't think the Bulls have much of a shot, and I trust what he says. What he's hearing is that the Bulls haven't heard a "no" yet, but he didn't know if that means anything. He seems to think the Bulls are working aggressively on plan B. I will say this, KC just said a lot of people hearing the New York angles think it might be leaks from LBJ's camp to hype up the story. If that is the case, wouldn't you think we'd here pro Bulls leaks as well. Wouldn't that be better for TV if they were going to fake leaks? s***, what do I know. I guess it is good that we haven't heard no. But I also want to know what we are doing to sell him since KC is "telling me there's a chance".
-
Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up
Wow, what a kick in the nuts: - We lose out on Wade/Bosh - My teeth hurt from dentist visit today (just a cleaning, thankfully no cavities) - Peavy out for a while - We might lose out on Lebron Lebron coming to Chitown could help redeem it all!!
-
Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:27 PM) From DeLuca: Detatched lat for Peavy likely means he's out till Sept. best-case. White Sox will pursue starter on trade market. What? Why? Ouch.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Goooo DUTCH!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:24 PM) I just don't care. I'll call him an asshole because that's what I think about him for now, if he signs here, I'll completely change my tune. Complete flip flopping but I really don't give a s***. I hope that tomorrow around 9 you are calling him the greatest player in the world and the greatest guy in the world!!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:24 PM) Just because they lost out on LeBron and Wade and Bosh, doesn't mean it's good business to behave desperately to sign Boozer. Besides, now Boozer holds some of the cards. He's probably going to sit back and enjoy his day in the sun. Maybe not, but I would expect to hear that we are talking hardcore about Boozer or Lee or other things. I'd even expect to hear a bit about what we talked to Lebron about, etc. If we were out, we'd hear a lot more about our pitch. Heck, as of now, we have absolutely no idea what the Bulls really sold Lebron on. None. That tells me about a team that hasn't given up hope becuase if we had failed, they'd be spinning it already. Hell for all we know Lebron hasn't made up his mind yet, he's just leaning one way or another and has told himself he needs to decide by tomorrow so that he can move on. I think the sales pitches are still out there and even if they aren't, Boozer is a really good fit. He likes Chicago and has wanted to play here and the Bulls have tried repeatedly to land him in the past.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:20 PM) Thank you God someone who shares my optimism on the Bulls silence. It should also be pointed out that the Nets haven't indicated they have given up either so that makes me think Lebron is to an extent in play.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:20 PM) Thank you God someone who shares my optimism on the Bulls silence. Haha, doesn't mean I'm smart, but I try to read as much between the lines as possible and I just think if the Bulls knew they were out, we'd have heard something by now. That isn't to say they know they are in, but I'd like to think they are in bunker mode trying to finalize the details to bring the King to Chicago (and not the Burger one).
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I can't stand Obama, but please Barack, if Drose won't do it, call up Lebron and tell him whats up, LOL.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:16 PM) Agreed. We obviously know lebron is signing here and are sticking to our word with him to keep everything mum. That is why I'm hoping. I really hope all this New York spin is just that, spin, and that the Bulls FO is quiet and Lebron is quiet and ultimately he'll be coming to Chicago to battle it up with Wade, etc. I'm probably wrong, but I refuse to say it is 100% that Lebron is not coming to Chicago. Especially since people in Cleveland seem to think he might be leaving Cleveland. Also, evidently, the event is in Connecticut because it needed to be close to Bristol. Why they wouldn't have done it at ESPN headquarters is something I wonder, but if it is at a local Boys and Girls club in the CT area than I don't see it necessarily meaning anything.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:14 PM) The chances of LBJ to the Bulls are at 0%. I can't believe how different things looked just a week ago. We should pull some of my over-confident posts from that time period right after WWW's bulls*** announcement. Steve, I'm gonna suspend you until after this announcement. Maybe it will give us some good luck since you cursed the entire franchise with your blind optimism
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Bulls. If we are out, why haven't we heard that we are doing XYZ? You certainly would think we would have moved on. I know we are apparently in contact with other FA's but I would think if we were out on Lebron we'd already be jumping all over other people.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:45 PM) http://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/17974122987 So out of all people a Chicago Bulls front office person would send a text to, it would be a New York reporter? I don't buy it.
-
Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:59 PM) Peavy with a detached muscle. Ick. That doesn't sound good.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
He will be doing his interview from Greenwich, CT. Which isn't quite New York, but pretty darn close.
-
Your 2010 White Sox All Star- Matt Thornton
The Angels broadcasters yesterday mentioned that Paulie was going to be in the home run derby. I hadn't heard that anywhere else. Can anyone confirm? Maybe they know something that we don't?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Scott says his fingers are crossed. That would make me think that it isn't 100% that he is going to Cleveland. Knicks reporter saying Knicks hearing it will be Clevealnd but they still have hope and nothing is finalized. This will be a key 24 hours, make some calls, do whatever the f*** you have to. I want to hear that Reinsdorf/Pax/Gar are on the phone with every big name out there trying to ink them prior to making another pitch at LBJ. I want to know that Noah/Rose are going to go over and sing "Come and Knock on my Door...we've been waiting for you....three's company too".
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:25 AM) Unless the Bulls told Rose not to get involved, you really do have to wonder where he has been in all of this. I understand if he didnt want to chose sides over Wade/Lebron, but he could at least be saying that hed love to have either. And today he could be making a pitch for Lebron. It wouldnt hurt, but you just have to wonder what is up. The Bulls were seemingly front runners, yet the Bulls players are just sitting on the sidelines? Noah seems like a guy that would do anything possible to win so I can't see him sitting on the sidelines. Either the Bulls know they have won out (and that is why we haven't seen them do a full course press) or the players just weren't interested. It would certainly appear that they (Rose) just wasn't interested.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:21 AM) Shooting guard or athletic big men. So than why trade Jefferson in the first place?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:19 AM) @jaredDudley619 Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!! Is this true? If we lose out to the Knicks, I'm done. Wow that would be pathetic. They have pure s*** compared to us. But I at least believe it is a pretty place to go play than Miami in terms of a sports and business perspective. But come on, if Amare was enough to convince you, than maybe the Bulls can still wiggle in? And Byron Scott was at LBJ's camp but says he didn't talk to Lebron. That would seem odd.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:19 AM) and you sure Rose did nothing? Just because he didnt plaster his face all over ESPN and blab on twitter 24/7 doesnt mean he wasnt making calls and recruiting Well we know he wasn't out there and it appears sources in Cleveland indicated Lebron has felt like Rose isn't interested in having him play there. If that is the case, the Bulls need to change the perception, otherwise perception becomes reality.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:14 AM) I like Jefferson A LOT, but he's not quite that good, even when healthy. Big Al has some of the best post moves in the league, but he's not as good a shooter as Bosh and doesn't get to the line nearly as often. Low post moves are what we lack though. I'm not as concerned if he isn't a tremendous shooter. I think he plays more like a big than Bosh does. Bosh is the better player, specifically because he is superior defensively in every way, but a healthy Jefferson is no slouch. I don't know why you always hear about Minny trading him, but I wonder if there is some sort of 3 way deal that could interest the Wolves. I dont' even know what the Wolves would be interested in.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:13 AM) Why would the Wolves want Deng? We just drafted Wes Johnson and traded for Martell Webster. 3 way baby. Clippers could have some nice parts. Spurs maybe? I'm not saying deng stays in Minny.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:09 AM) Agreed. I remember hearing some people say that Rose's shyness might be a problem when he came into the league, and we might be seeing it now. And ownership/management needs to talk to Rose and tell him how pivotal this is for the team and organization and work on making something happen. I wonder why Noah hasn't been involved? Maybe they feel having Noah there without Rose would be a really bad sign, so much so, that they'd rather send no one at all.