Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Putz for Closer
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 10:11 PM) I'll admit, I've never been a huge fan of Bobby, but his post game comments were ridiculous today and just because of them, he should take a role as middle reliever for a while. "I didn't have it," closer Bobby Jenks said after failing to retire any of the four batters he faced and ending a streak of 15 save conversions. "My cutter was coming back. My sinker wasn't sinking. The slider was big. I just didn't have my stuff." So f***ing what Bobby? Not every pitcher is gonna have his good stuff everyday. This is just a p**** ass excuse by you and everyone knows that. You f***ing stunk today. And just because your stuff was flat doesn't mean you have to walk the first two batters. If you throw strikes, you will always have a shot. There's just no need for players making lame ass, p**** excuses like this. Bobby, take a seat for a while. Seriously, coming clearly from someone who has never pitched. The guy was honest and you are berating him for it. Take a back sit. Your comments are becoming more and more idiotic by the day.
-
Putz for Closer
Look, after he has dominated for the past month, I think it is pretty ignorant for us all to b**** and moan at one bad outing over a pretty good sample size. He did struggle in April, May, but the guy more often than not has been a pretty reliable closer. Overpaid, certainly, gone at the end of the year, probably.
-
car battery replacement/installation
Walmart installs things like air filters, batteries, etc for free. Not sure if the batteries cost more or anything like that.
-
Buehrle: 10 Years of Excellence
Thank you Mark, now lets get you a 2nd world series ring at the end of your 10th season!!!
-
7/16 - Chicago vs. Twins
Lets go Gavin!! Go GO GAVIN!!
-
Great Patio ticket deal
That is a pretty legit deal.
-
Chris Sale Promoted to AAA Charlotte
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 05:50 AM) Here is my question... Let's say Erik Threets actually does well with the Sox (if he doesn't, this is a really easy equation). With Thornton and a solid Threets in the bullpen, do you leave Sale in AAA to develop for 2011? Or promote Sale anyway? Sale stays in AAA, comes up in September, gets a little bit of a feel and than probably opens next year at Winston Salem in the rotation where he will have to work his way all the way back up (albeit, he might open the year in AA).
-
Chris Sale Promoted to AAA Charlotte
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:25 PM) Purely speculating here....but what if the Sox decide that now that Peavy is out for the year, The Sox will trade Hudson at the July 31st deadline for a bat, and then Sale will get promoted, and slide into the 5th spot on the rotation. I mean, our best minor league chip has got to be Hudson, and I would think that since Sale is projected to make it to the Sox in August anyway, they might have him be the 5th starter, and maybe just limit him to 70-80 pitches, and have Tony Pena piggyback his starts. So maybe Sale goes 4-5 innings each start, and then Pena covers the other 2-3 innings. Just an idea, but it seems that Hudson is out best chip to get a big bat. Quite frankly, he'd get absolutely destroyed starting at the major league level right now. His only shot is utilizing his top 2 pitches in a relief role and even that I feel is being incredibly gutsy.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 07:19 PM) Bulls need to sign Livingston, Brewer, and Miller and call it an off-season, would make them incredibly deep and if they want to make a move next season should have plenty of tradeable assets. That is if we get Reddick (who most people still believe is going to end up back in Orland). I also think Raja Bell would be a good fit.
-
July White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 07:16 AM) I'm going to bet you that Quentin was hurting, and hurting a lot, in April and May. From what? I think Quentin's issues had more to do with him just getting his timing back after being hampered by both the wrist injury and foot issues. Because of that he was having timing issues as well as over-agressive issues where he was swinging at bad pitches. I didn't see any indication while watching him play that he was bothered by any injuries.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I really think Redick is actually on the upswing. He'll be a real nice asset, imo. Does he make us a championship team, no, but he makes us better and gives us an even better shot at being a top 3/4 team in the East.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
If we could get him for a package built around Jordan Danks and Carlos Torres, sign me up. I'll take that chance. But I doubt that will happen. And I don't like giving up Danks but I'd give him up before Morel and some other guys, especially since we have Mitchell and Tracye Thompson in the minors (well hopefully) as well as the emergence of this guy Alex Rios at the major league level.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 09:39 AM) Well if we didnt go on a streak there is a really good possibility Konerko is playing for the Angels right now or some other team. Maybe Im giving the Astros management too much credit but I see no reason why they wouldnt trade him. There is also a much better chance that we wouldn't have plans on resigning Paulie which is why we would have traded him. Again, for the right offer. Paulie is much more valuable right now, so the offer we'd get would be probably better than the 1st rounder we could get by offering him arb and having him sign somewhere else.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 09:33 AM) Im pretty sure I recall him saying he was open to being traded like a month ago I think it was more along the lines of what Paulie said, if the team felt it was best to move him to make them better, than so be it. He has a tremendous relationship with the city and the owner.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I wonder if the Bulls considered Josh Childress at all. I thought he would have been a pretty good fit, but my guess is, they don't want to go more than 3 years with any of these guys as they want to ensure they have some financial flexibility and not a ton of guys all inked up for the next 6 years. Josh Howard would be decent, but he's recovering from a torn ACL and it will be a while until he is back. I also don't think he fits in very well at the 2 defensively. I wonder if the Bulls would be able to pull off a trade for any of the following: Jason Richardson OJ Mayo
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 09:09 AM) Berkman is FA after this year- it would only make sense to deal him now to get something for him. Im pretty sure Houston knows they need to start over. That team has been a mess for awhile now. And Berkman probably wouldn't leave, unless it was to go play for the Rangers. He loves it in Texas.
-
Hawk and Stoney worst broadcast booth in baseball (according to GQ)
A lot of knowledge in the booth so I think this is a ton of BS. I can see how opposing fans would hate him because he clearly is a fan of the Sox, but that doesn't make him a terrible Sox announcer.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:34 AM) Here's a good take on the situation by the best Magic blog out there in Orlando Pinstriped Post; I think we'll match, and then dump Gortat for picks plus a trade exception possibly. I wonder if the Bulls will cut a deal to let the Magic not offer and bring him to Chicago. Might make some sense.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
One Magic reporter felt that the Magic will not match on Reddick due to the luxury tax implications. The Magic would be paying Reddick practically 38M (19 to Reddick and 19 to the NBA) due to those implications.
-
Teahen
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:18 AM) Once Teahen comes back you have to get rid of Kotsay. Lillibridge is showing he can be the valuable pinch hitter that we need. Kotsay has a huge role in the clubhouse though so I don't think the Sox will do anything with him. Whether that is a valid reason to keep him or not, whole other story, but it is the case. And in Kotsay's defense, he's put up a .350 OBP or higher in every month but April for the Sox. And his average has gotten better each month since April as well.
-
Heyman: Sox may consider Oswalt
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:01 AM) I thought I read that somewhere. But won't it be hard for Jake to convince him to come here if Jake most likely won't even be around much as he'll be rehabbing? Jake has said that he will be at every home game in his uniform cheering the guys on and I believe he said he wants to travel with the guys too. Saw him interviewed a few days ago and that was what he was saying.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
Berkman will not be traded unless he asks to be traded. He's a local product and one of the faces of the Astros and there is no way they will trade him for anything less than top prospects because they aren't going to sell him for crap and upset an already upset fan base. So if Berkman wants to go, great, we can go after him, otherwise, he'll stay unless the Astros get blown away (and he isn't worth a blown away offer).
-
Heyman: Sox may consider Oswalt
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 07:23 PM) http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/status/18319303627 White Sox Might Consider Oswalt By Zach Links [July 11, 2010 at 8:50pm CST] The White Sox might consider dealing for Roy Oswalt, tweets Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated. At the same time, GM Kenny Williams & Co. are leery of a switch from the National League to the American League. Williams may have some convincing to do as Oswalt reportedly does not want to play for the White Sox. One has to think that the ace could be swayed, however, as the ChiSox present Oswalt with a chance to win and the opportunity to team up with friend Jake Peavy. Back in 2008, Peavy was open to joining the Astros in order to play with the three-time All-Star. It appeared that the White Sox would be sellers just one month ago. However, the club may look to buy after rallying in recent weeks and climbing their way to the top of the AL Central. -- It's well known that Oswalt has claimed he'd block a trade to the White Sox. We all know he's best bumpkin buds with Peavy who could likely change his mind. If Oswalt doesn't want to jump into a pennant race with the hottest team in baseball after watching the Sox dismantle his only other shot 5 years ago, leave him down in lonely Texas. If Kenny can swing a deal for Berkman, that's the way to go. IMO. Aren't Peavy & Oswalt best friends or very good friends?
-
Teahen
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:48 AM) I do not get KW hurry giving him an extension looks foolish now! From a pure platoon standpoint, Teahen/Viciedo would be pretty productive offensively from 3rd base. Defensively, that is another story, and I also want to point out that I wouldn't want to not play Viciedo versus only lefties because he has such a bright future. But I think a system where Teahen plays against tough righties and than also ocassionally gets at bats at 1st and even potentially DH isn't too bad (given what we currently have had DH'ing). This year, Teahen has a .820 OPs vs righties.
-
Thome to go into HOF as a White Sox?
QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 01:25 PM) This is awesome. I imagine one of those morphing things where his face actually ages in the process too. Too bad MLB won't even consider the technology for another 50 years probably. I honestly don't think I'd want it. The HOF is such a classical place. Just arriving in Cooperstown takes you back 100 years. I feel like I'm connected to all the generations of people that have watched baseball when I was there. It is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had as a sports fan. I look forward to one day going back, this time with my dad being a grandpa and my future kids (hopefully Sox fans) at a good age to appreciate the lore of Cooperstown.