Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Easily one of the worse trades Kenny has ever made. I realize at the time the compensation was in question, but we traded Ray Durham for Adkins (who had horrendous minor league numbers) and than the A's received valuable picks.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:20 PM) I love how they still play Your Love whenever Beckham gets a hit. I love how we are hearing it more and more as of late.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Its so nice to have Gordon hitting. I'm really glad the Sox stuck with him, despite all of us at different poitns in time thinking it was time to send the kid down.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:15 PM) Completely agree Hell, outside of Quentin in RF, we have one of the best defenses in all of baseball, imo. I think with Jones in RF we do have the best defense in the majors.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Castro freaking killed that. Probably the hardest hit ball I've ever seen him hit.
-
Lance Berkman traded to Yankees
My eyes tell me Omar is pretty freaking good over at 3B.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:09 PM) But you're trading for a guy who will play here 2 months and then leave. As I've talked about before, if the Sox aren't willing to break the bank for draft picks, then supplemental picks are likely to be easy college signs. I'm ok with that. I'll take the picks. I only say this because i think both Viciedo and Flowers have some major flaws. FLowers has a long swing, despite massive power, where as VIciedo has massive offensive skills, but does lack good discipline which could limit his offensive effectiveness. Basically put, neither fit to me in the elite prospect group so I'd take a Dunn and the picks and move on. I highly doubt we will end up with that. I just don't like the idea of moving Hudson, especially with the dearth of pitching prospects we have in our system.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
If we acquire a big left handed bat, it will be Viciedo who heads back down to the minors. The question is will Kotsay be DFA'd when Teahen comes back.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
I have thought about it and I'd endorse a trade with Viciedo and Flowers for Adam Dunn. I question where Viciedo will play defensively and despite our current struggles at the DH position don't see a ton of difficulty in finding a decent DH. Hence, I don't feel as though we should put a significant premium on Viciedo, even though he might turn into an absolute beat offensively.
-
7/29 Games
I wonder if Torres has been traded.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
They didn't pull him for a value standpoint. If he was pulled, it is either an injury or the possibility of a trade. I think if I were a team out of contention I wouldn't mind getting a Carlos Torres who might actually turn into a relatively solid innings eater at the back of your rotation or a long reliever.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Mariners going to the pen early. Bringing in a lefty to face Kotsay.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Carlos has hit it hard in both his AB's today. I Like it.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Dang Rios. Alright Paulie...2 out HR time.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Freddy's looking better.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Another hard hit ball, hits Freddy's glove and allows Alexei to make the play. We are going to need to score tonight!
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Wow, that ball was absolutely killed. We got lucky.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Freddy can't keep throwing those elevated fastballs.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
f***, both of those balls to Guti looked like strikes to me.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Two hard hit doubles so far.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Horrible execution by Figgy.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:07 PM) Is it me, or are the Giants one big bat away from being downright scary? Andres Torres has been one of the best all-around players in baseball. Aubrey Huff's sporting a wOBA of .404. Buster Posey is 1997 Mike Piazza. If Pablo Sandoval starts hitting? Wow. But they've got to upgrade 1B. Travis Ishikawa is too much suck. I don't even have to talk about their rotation (looks like Bumgarner found his velocity). Underrated bullpen. Just a lot to like. Torres was a White Sox at one point.
-
My locked penis syndrome
This thread is hillarious and priceless. Been hectic at work and this is exactly the type of humor I needed.
-
Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:05 PM) Just heard on the Score the Rays are the front-runners for Dunn with the Giants the only other team involved, NYY and White Sox are said to be out of it. I hope it is because we are unwilling to give up Huddy. I think there are solid enough bats out there that we could acquire without giving up not only our best starting pitching chip, but also a guy that I think we will need to count on for this season as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what Huddy can do in his next start.
-
Phillies to get Oswalt for 3 players
Has he approved.