Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Lucas Harrell starting tonight
I had tweeted Cowley letting him know marquez was on the DL and he responded by saying, Harrel it is. I think it is important to know that Cowley, like us, is speculating a bit as to who might be pitching. He isn't reporting it 100% that Harrel is starting, which is opposite of the score. Like it or not, Cowley seems to have the best sources for FA moves and trades when it comes to the White Sox.
-
Lucas Harrell starting tonight
Ya, I don't know how serious the issue would be. Sometimes they utilize the DL in the minors loosely. Especially since it isn't a 15 day DL.
-
Lucas Harrell starting tonight
Cowley twats that Marquez is an option as well. He'd be pitching on 3 days rest.
-
Lucas Harrell starting tonight
Evidently something big is going down with Hudson. Score is reporting that Lucas Harrel will be getting the start tonight.
-
White Sox Trade Catch-All
Myers is a real prick, however, I will admit, he has good stuff. I still dont' like the idea of having a jag on our team. But if it meant we are able to move Huddy for a big bat and than get Myers for the right price, I might be able to live with it. But geeze, Myers is such a piece of s*** and we have such a likeable ball club.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:37 AM) Markakis and Guthrie? is that a world shocker? Markakis would be huge.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:35 AM) Problem is though...you're paying for him as though he hasn't been bad this year. There is no way I can say I like the idea of giving up Hudson for Jackson, but at the very least, at least we are getting a guy wtih good stuff. Better dealing Huddy for him than Huddy for some guy with limited upside who isn't very good. Either way I'm not a fan of the idea, but I guess I could live with it if we are about to land some huge bat too.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:32 AM) People are forgetting that Chris Sale is around and easily could be in majors for opening day, 2011. I think the Sox would be pretty agressive if they thought he could be starting at the major league level that quickly. But he does have pretty damn good stuff as evidenced by the numbers he's putting up out of the pen in the minors. That said, there is a huge difference between relieving and starting.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:31 AM) But didn't or hasn't he said the same thing about Gavin Floyd before the 2008 season on a number of occasions, Law that is? If Cooper really thinks they can fix someone and do it quite quickly, then I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Jackson hard...although they had a much better chance to get him if they wanted before the 2009 season IMO. Back then, it only cost the Tigers Matt Joyce. I think if we got Edwin, we'd get him knowing he's been better than his numbers indicate this year and doing it in a supreme hitters haven (much like the cell) and with the intent that we could spin him in the off-season for other parts or with an off-season with coop get him to live up to his potential.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:30 AM) How about Westbrook and Choo in a mega deal? Carmona and Choo in a mega deal.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
I think Ethier or Grienke.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:12 AM) That's why I find this interesting: cst_sox Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way. 7 minutes ago via web I don't know if that's personally opinion, confusion or good info but it's interesting none the less. KW somehow picks up a bat without including Hudson then still flips Hudson for starter. The question is who could we acquire with a package of Viciedo/Morel/Flowers/Danks/Holmberg. I assume not all of those guys, but a good chunk of those guys would be headed out. The only random name that keeps popping into my head is Andre Ethier, who would be a tremendous fit, but I really don't believe some of the reports that he is on the market, nor do I think the above package would be that attractive to get him.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:08 AM) Harrell's already on the 40 man is scheduled to go tonight for Charlotte, he makes the most sense as of right now even if he does suck. On the bright side, Harrel is a veteran, good guy, so he might be the most likely to kind of be able to handle the atmospher to an extent for 1 start. But he isn't a big leaguer. No one in our system is. Torres could work short-term, but you can't have Freddy and Torres as your 4/5. Especially not when Garcia is throwing way more innings than he has in a long long time.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
Who the heck could we be grabbing? I can't think of any big name guys out there. Would the Indians deal us Carmona? Are we about to acquire Prince Fielder for Hudson and other pitching? Please tell me Bautista isn't the guy we are gonig to get? All I know is, if we trade Huddy for a bat, Kenny won't be done and than we have to wonder what pitcher is on its way. The one thing I like about getting a pitcher like Jackson is that I think he could be effective in the post-season, when power pitching becomes more king. I just wish we would be able to acquire him without giving up Huddy, thus allowing the Sox to package Huddy for a big bat.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
Sounds like Huddy is gone. I wonder what we get. We have to get a pitcher if we move Hudson (even if he is moved for a bat). There is absolutely no one in our organization that could fill that rotation spot.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
We might as well have went after Oswalt or Haren.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:57 AM) Not so much: BNightengale #mlb # If deal gets done, the White Sox would send Daniel Hudson and prospect for Jackson,and take on Jackson's entire $8.75 million salary 1 minute ago via web The D-Backs are in no position to include cash. What the heck. This really just doesn't make sense, unless the Sox somehow think very lowly of Dan Hudson. And if they do, I think that is a mistake.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
I have to imagine, if the Sox did give up Hudson, we would be getting some decent amounts of cash back.
-
White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson
I'm completely confused. I don't see how we would trade Huddy plus prospects for Edwin Jackson. I"ve long liked Jackson, but I'd be the first to admit that you have to be concerned at how Arizona over-worked him on the no-hitter as well as the fact that stastically he has never reached his potential. Does he have great stuff, absolutely, but can he pitch, not exactly great. Would he look good in our rotation, certainly, but not at the expense of Hudson. Hudson could get us better pieces. And I will say this, I'd rather keep Jackson than go out and spin Jackson for Dunn if it meant adding additional prospects, unless of course Kenny has some brilliant deal lined up for another starter. I'm curious to find out what Kenny has cooking? I wonder if it is Andre Ethier.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Uh oH....I might have spoken too soon. Could be a good time to go to the pen.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Quentin is at his best on pitches down in the zone. A major bright spot tonight is that Garcia has shown good velocity and is pitching a good game. We needed that after a couple rought starts. As I type that, Kochman smokes a double.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:35 PM) Ugh. How many DPs is that tonight? 3? Rios = 2 Quentin = 1
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Nope...he seemed to be seeing the ball well tonight, but hit into a DP after some ferocious hacks.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Time for a mammoth shot by Q.
-
Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)
Were going to spin Adkins for Lincecum. I can feel it. And than trade Huddy for Ethier, who evidently the Dodgers are potentially listening to offers for.