Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Really...really? It might be a young squad, but the Twolves were atrocious. The Cavs aren't a playoff team without LBJ but I'm not going to even pretend that Lebron in Minny would be a better team than Lebron's Cavs of last year (w/Jamison, Varajo, Mo Williams, Hellickson, etc).
  2. I would love it if the Bulls landed Bosh though. I think it would significantly increase our chances of something bigger happening. I really wonder if LBJ left, would Cleveland really just let him walk or would they finally go with a S&T so they wouldn't be left completely dry.
  3. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:04 AM) Well, I'd say the best case would be for Bosh to land here and then us get Wade, thus making us the best team in the East and not creating a superpower in Cleveland. It all depends. I don't quite think we'd ever see Bosh/Wade in Chicago. It would be too difficult, imo. You'd have to get both teams to agree to S&T's (so both guys are paid max deals). If that doesn't happen, you'd only get one because I don't see either of them coming and being paid less than the other, imo. And the next question would be what would we have to give up in these S&T's. On a sidenote, it appears that the Bulls will be doing a S&T with Phoenix regarding Hakeem Warrick. Sounds like we will get a draft pick (2nd rounder) plus a trade exception of around $4M.
  4. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:02 AM) I think a lot of us are a lot more concerned with getting superstar players than inside defense. Worse case you get the interior defense a year from now with the mid-level. Or deal Deng for a guard/forward and a center.
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:54 AM) If only Wade wanted to play with Boozer then I'd obviously be down with that. The issue is guaranteeing yourself a top 3 guy which my scenario does. You bring in Bosh, and Wade is more likely to bounce anyway. Well if LBJ stays in Cleveland, than the best case is that Bosh goes to Cleveland because it likely forces Wade to think about leaving Miami because he'd have no chance to win without jumping ship. But I think Wade cares a lot about money. All of these guys do and don't pretend for one minute that they don't. And I don't blame em for it either.
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:53 AM) Noah actually makes $3 million this year. Deng makes almost $11.5 million. You can also throw in James Johnson, who makes almost $2 million. Turkoglu makes $9.8 million this year. So you save $1.5 million from Deng, in reality, $3 million from Noah and $2 million from Johnson. That's $6.5 million. Currently, the Bulls are at $25.9 million (with Hinrich trade). The cap this year is $56.1 million. We have a little over $30 million (could be under, not completely sure). So add $6.5 to that figure and you have yourself enough for two max contracts. There is a trade kicker so Turk impacts the cap more than 9.8M. The more I think about it, the more I'd rather have Bosh than Boozer. Bosh is much younger and much healthier. And I'd be willing to trade Noah if need be. However, I would only do that if we were getting Wade or Lebron. I would not do it if we weren't.
  7. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:51 AM) If my math is right, the trade as proposed by me would leave us with 27 million to work with. -20 for Wade = 7 mill to get haywood and some depth, and Hedo can be our gunner. C Haywood PF Bosh SF Hedo SG Wade PG Rose Gibson Johnson Asik other f***s off the bench It isn't bad, but I might rather just keep our lineup as is and go with boozer. Noah Boozer Deng Wade Rose Gibson Johnson Asik Acie Law Etc
  8. Bahaha, this latest sendlebrontochicago tweet is just bad. Sorry, but Lebron and Bosh in Cleveland is good enough to win a title team. Lets not forget that they were the best team in the regular season the past 2 years without a guy like Bosh. Putting Bosh on the Cavs with Lebron would instantly make them legit and it would also probably force Wade's hand and send him to Chicago where he would team up with Boozer or Lee.
  9. twithersAP Reports of a sign-and-trade agreement with Raptors and Cavs for Bosh very premature. Nothing on table. No players discussed.
  10. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:01 AM) Waiting for our CFO to show up from his long weekend so I can tender my resignation. Been here for 7 years, kind of sad to leave. The 25 year old soon to be king demon seed of the owner however reinforces my reason to leave. Have you already decided where you are going next?
  11. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:15 AM) So I liked Twighlight...so what. Figures you'd replace White Sox baseball with Twiglight and other lame chick stuff, lol.
  12. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 05:26 PM) Miami cant hardball Wade he can just leave. Furthermore itll kill their image if Wade comes out and says he wants to go to Chicago to be with his family but the Heat wont facilitate a sign & trade. How many future players would go there? That is exactly what I thought. If Wade says he wants to go to Chicago because of his family, etc, and puts that out to the media and the Heat don't do a S&T, they'd be blasted or so I assume they would.
  13. Ya, but in the middle of a divorce I'm sure he'd rather have an extra 30 million than not. If Wade finally tells Heat he wants to go to Chicago, will they help with a sign and trade or not?
  14. QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:39 PM) He was on the Score today and said that his source is "directly involved in the situation" with Wade negotiations. Seemed like the Bulls truly believed that he was going to sign and they couldn't get the commitment. Say what you want, but no one has any information on this nationally or locally. He was pretty defensive about that source notice he hasn't had much inside info since. So is he still hearing Wade to the Bulls?
  15. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:27 PM) I think I can take SOME solace in the fact that there is no way the Bulls TRULY strike out. At worst, we'll land one of Boozer or Lee, which still improves the team quite a bit. And you'll have more cap space to work with as well. The big question is what would the Bulls do with that cap space. Who could they get? What star guards/forwards are out there that would be good fits that we could acquire?
  16. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:23 PM) http://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/status/17819620738 Interesting. Bulls sure have kept there lips sealed.
  17. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:14 PM) LeBron and Wade aren't happy with Bosh's "piggybacking". Huh?
  18. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 02:50 PM) Why would we ever sign both Boozer and Lee? We're going to play 3 power forwards at the same time? Only way I'd do it is if we could pull off some major deal to land Carmelo using Noah or Gibson or a combo of those guys plus Deng and draft picks (Or Brandon Roy).
  19. Alex, where is your graphic? And how do I help get you manager points?
  20. QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 11:36 AM) The more I think about it... the more I believe that Lebron will stay in Cleveland... And if the only way Bosh is willing to come is via sign and trade (per recent articles that also suggest it would cost us Noah)... I'm beginning to think it may not be a bad idea to make a pre-emptive strike (at the right price) for Boozer... and use the signing as further proof to Wade of our willingness to: - Bring him in as 'the guy' - Surround him with a better cast than Miami can deliver... even if they add Bosh The thing I like about Boozer is we don't have to trade anyone for him and he's a pretty good 3rd piece next to Wade/Rose or LBJ/Rose. On top of it, it allows Wade or LBJ to be the true #1 and have his team. And can you imagine Boozer playing alongisde Taj/Noah. Those are two good defensive guys to have around him, plus Asik who, like Noah, projects much more as a defensive center (something Boozer can't be). I really like that roster. Than the Bulls either move Deng for a 2 guard (if we get LBJ) or keep him (if we get Wade).
  21. QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 11:29 AM) I'm thinking Wade/Boozer will be the result of this whole thing, guys. I think we are getting Boozer. The question is who does the rest of our cap money go to, do we save it or sign random 1 year fits, or do we get LBJ or Wade? I'm really curious to see what will happen. I think there is a good shot we strike out, but I am happy with the way the Bulls have handled this. We are the FA front runners for both LBJ and Wade (and when I say front-runners, I mean, of all the teams chasing these guys...not referring to the Heat and Cavs who clearly are still the frontrunners).
  22. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:06 AM) The whole 3 year contract thing doesnt make sense. I thought the whole idea of signing with Cleveland was that Lebron could get more money and after the CBA the new max contract may be lower meaning Lebron may never get that much again? Seems like a lot of contradiction. HE'd sign a 6 year deal with an opt out after 3 so he'd be protected.
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:43 PM) Wade especially. Agreed. I realize LBJ didn't make it to the Finals, but his team is two straights years the best in the East so it isn't like he'd be going back to some s*** team. Wade, well, quite frankly, that would be a pretty mediocre team for another couple years if he didn't land another superstar so I think Wade needs more help.
  24. He says Bosh to Houston, Boozer to Miami, Chicago nada. Not sure how that happens since it seems like Boozer likes the idea of Chicago. Plus, Boozer joining the Bulls with the Bulls having space for Anthony would be more intriguing than Boozer and Wade by themselves I'd think. Albeit the Heat would still have some room. I'm feeling a bit better, but still, the next 5 to 10 years of our org will be decided in the next 48 hours or so.
  25. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:31 PM) He was talking about Amare not signing with MIA and then talked about an empty crawl. . . I think he meant MIA but wrote CHI. . . seems logical to me. That was what I had initially thought too, but at it is currently written up he put Chicago. I'd feel much better if our ear tickle was true and Wade is a go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.