Chisoxfn
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I wouldn't assume anything just yet people. We aren't even half way there yet, everything could change on July 1st.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I'm so worried I'll be crushed.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:23 PM) I believe I read somewhere that the Kings were a serious option for the Hinrich deal as well. Yep, evidently if the Wizards fell through, the Bulls have a standing offer from the Kings.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Evidently there is a rumor out there that Deng could be headed to the Clippers or Kings for cap space. Would give the Bulls 2 full max contracts, plus around 9 mill for a 3rd guy.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Insane, 2 max contracts. Crazy. Crazy. I don't know what it means for Deng if we go for LBJ, but I could make a case that you could play LBJ/Deng/Johnson in a small up tempo lineup. Or you could go with Bosh too and just be real big (without a legit 2 guard but trying to have Deng/LBJ do a bit at the 2 defensively). Either way, we are in a position to potentially have an insane off-season (or a heart breaking one).
-
Sox vs Atlanta June 24th 1:05 first pitch
Keep the streak baby!!!
-
Financial News
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:25 AM) there are more of those to come too. And there are a ton of homes that haven't even went into the foreclosure process due to the backlog. Even though foreclosures are dropping there is about 1 to 2 years worth of homes sitting in the backlog right now, which is pretty scary when you think about it. The key is the economy should be recovering by that point and it should be easier to get those homes sold 2 years from now than it is today, but who knows. That shadow inventory will still keep prices down and will potentially allow for a bit more of a price decrease in the market. I'm antsy to jump in on a new home if I can find something I like, but am not in any hurry because I don't expect myself to miss out on anything major. One thing about Real Estate is that it tends to move slow and it would appear it also corrects very slow.
-
Financial News
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 07:56 AM) Foreclosures SELLING is good, so is the fact that we appear to be around the top or just past of the big foreclosure bubble. The dip in general is bad. But the marketplace does appear to be shedding inventory in a healthy way, yes. It will be quite a while before we see is truly be strong though, another couple years at least. But this huge second drop in prices and sales that people have been predicting for a while doesn't seem to be in the cards. I'd bet 2010 ends up an overall wash, with the market staying more or less stagnant for the year. 2011 should see some improvement. Quite frankly we aren't even close yet. There is still a huge shadow inventory of foreclosures out there and it is taking a long time for everything to unwind. We had some nice bilps and the economy seems to be improving, but the housing market is taking much much longer to unwind than I think anyone thought. Not only was the drop worse than people expected, the length of decline seems to be much larger as there still might be room for prices to drop more. Rates also are at an all time low today. When you have low prices and low rates and you still aren't seeing much increase in demand, you have issues. Some of those issues are related to the ability for people to gain capital and the overall fear of the economy and to take on significant debt in these uncertain times, some of it quite frankly has to do that some of the largest real estate markets in the US still are priced too high from an affordability standpoint.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:27 AM) For those of you that have the EVO, how is your battery life? I'm trying to decide between the EVO and iPhone 4. I'd like the EVO, but I am hearing horrible stories about the battery only lasting 6-8hours, 12 at max. I usually go atleast a day if not 2 without charging my phone, so I am worried about this. Isn't Iphone battery life supposed to be pretty short too?
-
Chicago Trip
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:02 AM) If you are going to the Science and Industry Museum, there is a great italian place for lunch on Hyde Park Ave a block north of the museum. Gibson's is a waste. It's a must if you want that Chicago experience, but the crowds and people may leave you with a sour taste in your mouth. I would suggest moving a bit further south and hitting up Phil Stefani's 437 rush st. Its just south of the triangle, has a great bone-in ribeye, and the service is awesome. As far as bars around there, its going to be packed regardless, but there are a ton of great bars with ALOT of people. If you like late night reggae, underground wunderbar is not too far from there and is a great place after 12am. Don't do Mortons. Call me crazy, but every time I've went to Mortons (~3 to 4 times) I've been very disappointed.
-
Chicago Trip
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 05:23 PM) I've always been a fan of Science & Industry. They have their new storm exhibit up too. Ya, I like the Science & Industry museum more than the Field. Just more interesting, imo. I'd rather go to Shedd than the Field too.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:08 PM) As I've been saying for over a month, the Bulls have zero interest in Joe Johnson. Why do you say that. Seems like Johnson's camp indicates he wants the Bulls and the Bulls know Johnson would be a really good fit, they just don't want to give him a max deal. Who knows how true the above is, but it is from a guy that is well respected over on Real GM. Clearly it is dependent on the Bulls clearing cap room today and being able to have the ability to offer a max deal after inking Johnson, but if the Bulls were able to get Johnson and James they'd have a pretty nice looking team. Johnson gives the Bulls a nice 2 who can shoot the long ball. Who knows if that is really there plan A or not. Bosh and Lebron is pretty sick too, but maybe they feel that Johnson is the better compliment to Lebron since LBJ can get points down low, plus the Bulls have Taj/Noah already.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 09:41 PM) Absolutely crazy ending in the LA game. Dodgers fans must really hate Matt Kemp. And what an idiot Martin was too. At least on Kemps it was a crazy pick off move (a few of us watching the game after our softball game thought it was a balk). Never seen an ending quite like that. Dodgers had the run coming across, until Martin decided to be an idiot and make a big turn around 2nd.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 07:57 AM) I really think Bosh and James are coming if the Bulls can make room for 2 full boats. I'm still not sure how they'll do that though, and I think it'd be tough to get Bosh in a sign and trade. Of course, LeBron might come here anyways, but that'd help. It would be amazing. Amazing!!!
-
6.23 Games
Bristol's rotation is real exciting.
-
Beckham needs to be sent down
I think Gordon could use the break down in the minors. Just get back to basics and gain some confidence.
-
Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN
Sweet. I might be able to catch the latter half of the game after my softball game
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 06:28 PM) http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id...uld-be-good-fit Deng + #17 to Clippers for #8 Tell me about it. The Bulls could ink Joe Johnson right away if they wanted to and than still wait for LBJ/Bosh.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 03:46 PM) Ghana weren't impressive when they played Aussie at all. I think US should take that game, but they need to play better than they did against Algeria obviously. We played very very well against the Algerians. Best game of the cup so far. They'll need to finish better, but as a whole, I was quite happy with the performance of the team in today's game.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:49 PM) Ghana is better than the US, luckily not Germany-better. It was the best case scenario. With Essian I think they are. Without Essian I think we are better. Personally, with Essian Ghana is also better than Germany. I think Ghana matches up extremely well with the US though, but pound for pound I dont' think they are better.
-
Sox draft signings and reporting places
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:21 AM) its all good Actually, Balta is close, Thiggy put that up during the 1990 season. Thigpen wasn't even on the Sox in 94.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
I really hate having to play Ghana. Maybe it is because I still have memories of thinking about how Ghana was a bunch of nobodies 4 years ago only to see us get our asses completely kicked.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:18 PM) Yes, it's wrong. Anytime Buehrle is pitching you want the best defensive team you can field behind him. And Alexei has been the best defensive SS in baseball this season. Viciedo should be at DH today.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:57 PM) how long can we hide randy williams and linebrink in the bullpen? they're truly atrocious and not capable pitchers Until Bellamy and Sale are ready. Hopefully our starters can for the most part go deep into games so we don't need them much.
-
Who makes the All Star Game for the Sox?
QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 07:51 PM) Rios, Konerko, Danks, or Thornton.. In that order. Agreed. Those are the only 4 Sox with chances, imo.