Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. All I know is every once in a while I think Gordon has it figured out and than he goes right back into a tailspin where he has no chance.
  2. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:46 PM) Believe me, I'd get by. I think you are being pretty naive. In addition, the minimum salary isn't 60K. It is anywhere from 2 to 3K a month (for the period you are playing) to what the minor league free agents get or guys who have already played at the major league level get. And it is those guys that are minor league free agents (typically those guys are AAAA type players who might make a decent living). Still, it takes a pretty rare player to earn 60K a year in AAA. And it ain't easy to go find some other random job to make a decent living. These guys have it pretty rough.
  3. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:37 PM) Via Joe Cowley (@cst_sox)- Forget Worldwide Wes, I was just in the bathroom with D Wade's son and nephew ... I know exactly what's going down come July 1. ROFL
  4. World Wide Wes might be a huge fraud though. It is something I've wondered for a long time. Is he really this powerful and if he is, why won't he shut up. Might be someone trying to make a name for himself.
  5. Ok, here are some what if's: What if LBJ stays in Cleveland (probably most likely): What if LBJ goes to Miami (I think least likely): My thoughts: If LBJ stays in Cleveland, Bulls go hard for Joe Johnson and Bosh, but would be ok with Johnson/Amare; Miami goes hard for Bosh, but also would be ok with Amare (not sure who else they'd go after, my guess is Rudy Gay) If LBJ goes to Miami; Bulls will probably go after Joe Johnson and Amare, but one of those guys might have reached an initial agreement with the Knicks by that point in time (who knows). In the above, I'm ok with the end-result if LBJ stays in Cleveland, not so much if he ends up in Miami. That really is the disaster scenario. Clearly the best is if he goes to Chicago, but I think if he stays in Cleveland and we get the scenario of Johnson/Bosh we'd still be in pretty darn good shape.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 08:57 AM) How does the luxury tax work? Even if they can use Wade's Bird rights wouldn't all 3 of them and 9 other players put them way over that? I assume they'll be in a luxury tax position, but probably not horrifically because they won't be all that over the cap.
  7. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 07:28 AM) The Sun Sentinel doesn't know how Bird rights work if they believe that. If all 3 wanted to play for the Heat, they could make it work, you just have to do the contracts correctly. Nope. Bird Rights won't work that way. You can't be under the cap and utilize bird rights to your advantage, I believe. So they can't just use all of Wade's space on those guys and wait.
  8. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 05:24 AM) The article said they met over the weekend in Miami. Wade was in Chicago this past weekend and is now, according to the Miami Herald, on vacation in a private spot. I think its all BS like 99% of the stuff that's come out. LBJ was partying in New York. I want to say that I don't believe LBJ would go to Miami. A, I don't see the agents being ok with them taking less money (it means they get less money). B, I don't see them all agreeing to the same $ value. I don't see it. C) What is better if you were going to leave. Getting more money from Chicago (both Bosh & LBJ) than Miami and the fact that Rose/Noah/Deng/Gibson/Johnson > Wade/Chalmers/Beasley (who'd probably get moved anyway).
  9. I can see the Nats having an interest in: Viciedo, Flowers, Hudson, Danks 2, & Santos. I assume it would take between 2 and 3 of those guys depending on who we give up. I wonder if we would try to resign Dunn?
  10. Great streak to get us back into the thick, but we need to keep winning and playing good baseball. Keep it up White Sox !!!!!!
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:07 AM) Source? It was on ESPN somewhere. That is there tentative plan. Don't have the link, but I read it somewhere. Supposed to be shortly after midnight. Not sure if we will be the first team or not.
  12. Apparently the Bulls are going to meet with Bosh before Lebron and hope to get him to agree to a move prior to meeting with LBJ.
  13. By the way, no one is unpinning this thread. This is the greatest sporting event in the world, imo. And since i own the site, I'll flex my puny muscles on this one. At this point, the Netherlands are who I'm cheering on. USA is #1, Italy is #2, Netherlands is #3 for me. Reason being, I'm American 1st, Italian/Dutch/English 2nd/3rd/4th.
  14. Beasley would clearly be sent out in a S&T or so I'd assume. I won't lie, I'd be heartbroken if that happened.
  15. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 10:27 AM) What Jurgen said wont get much traction because English is not his first language so his comment was not as elegant as it could have been. What he meant (I believe) is that as long as soccer is pay to play in the US, you are excluding many of the most talented players. Conversely if you go to the city you see kids playing basketball for free, developing their skills. And I wonder if Jurgen has a shot to become the next US coach, I know there was talk before Bradley, but it kind of seemed like Jurgen had the fire again. I think the other problem that was commented on is that the US league is way behind many of the Euro leagues, and if the US really wants to start making an impact in soccer, its pro teams are going to need to become world class so that kids dream of growing up to be rich like Messi. I would love Jurgen to be the guy that brings US soccer to the next level.
  16. QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 02:18 PM) The US is terrible at finishing. Their forwards just aren't very good. They miss Davies. Findley can't finish to save his life and Jozy is still a work in progress. US midfielders are legit, the strikers, not so much, and it hurt us. I'm still heart broken.
  17. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 03:30 PM) Care to elaborate? I'm quite curious as well. He has good velocity and pretty nice movement on his slider.
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:35 AM) What's the secret with blackberry? Slow processor? Probably the fact that it is a smaller screen.
  19. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:20 AM) Absolutely correct......but you need to shut your mouth mister cause this is going to happen because a part of Lebrons entourage....and myself... has said its going to happen. Why...cause World Wide Shipps said so
  20. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:59 PM) Dying to try that one! We're supposedly on the verge of getting New Belgium's stuff in FL, but it will be a gradual rollout starting with Fat Tire and then slowly getting in some others. I saw this on on tap at a Yard House in L.A. a couple of weeks ago but when I tried to order it the server told be the keg had just kicked so I got shut out. Its good. New Belgium is my favorite micro brew (if that is what you'd call it). When in doubt, I feel you can never go wrong with Fat Tire. 1554 is rock solid too.
  21. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:36 AM) blackberries are the only "smart phone" that i have used that has great battery life, the rest of the touch screen ones are garbage. I guess its the price we pay for being awesome. My blackberry is ridiculous if I just use it for calls. The thing lasted like my entire honeymoon on two charges (10 nights). I stream Pandora all day and it still goes a full day and a half without getting to low.
  22. QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:17 AM) Just upgraded to the iphone 4 from iphone 3g. Sweetness all over. For those of you who are asking whether they should get an iphone or a droid phone, consider this: The line at every apple store and everywhere else that sells the iphone is a mile long today. How many lines have you seen for ANY other phone before? Who cares about a line. There aren't near as many Apple stores as other phones. Just an FYI, but the EVO is sold out for a while too at most places.
  23. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:06 AM) Reading some forums, people are seemingly upset about battery life. I'm also trying a number of tips they provided in the forums, and we'll see where we're at in a few days of making those changes. One cool feature on this phone is, it actually shows you what is eating the battery life. Oddly, the screen is only 8% of my total power consumption. 30%, highest number, is Android and its associated services. Not sure if it makes you feel better and the battery life you are getting is completely unacceptable, but you won't find a smart phone out there that people won't gripe about the battery life. If your a hard user, you probably won't go more than a full day on a charge on most of them. But again, half a day without being hardcore on it, that is just pathetic and I assume it will get better.
  24. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 07:24 PM) This series actually worries the hell out of me for some reason. It should. The Cubs/Sox, regardless of records, is always a tight series.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.