Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Fantasy football advice thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:02 AM) Blame the Broncos for sucking! Killed so many people this week. I stick by it. If Lacy doesn't play, you said you had zero other options. If I would've known Kendall Wright would be awesome for one week on my bench, I would've been fine.. but who would've ever thought that one.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
Thanks Krush.. really screwed me up! I should have just waited on Lacy. Instead Bell goes nuts on my bench. Thank god Bailey decided to be my MVP today. Lacy's clutch TD also helped as well as Brees not sucking after halftime. I'm up by 7.35 and this bastard has Reggie Bush going tomorrow................ yea not looking good. I should be in the championship.
-
Floyd Signs W/Braves (1yr deal)
Floyd will probably be much worse this year anyway when he comes back. 2014-15 season however will be the time he is his usual self. BTW: Anyone else look at Jester's avatar first before reading the post?
-
Fantasy football advice thread
I was better off waiting out on Lacy and playing Le'Veon Bell as my flex. f*** might of cost me the matchup and the date to a championship and the potential to win $500. I have to seriously hope MDJ, AP (looking good so far with their injuries) Gerhart and Bush don't play/bomb. There's not much else in FA my opponent can turn to other than the Vikings 3rd string RB or Trent Richardson.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 10:54 AM) I would try to wait it out to play Lacy, maybe pick up Starks if available. I don't see a huge difference in potential between Bell and Ball, and actually think Ball has a better chance to score. I'd probably roll the dice with Ball, then Sunday place Lacy if he's active, and if not, you have Bell to go to. If you sit Ball, you roll the dice that Lacy plays, and if he doesn't come Sunday, you better have Starks or someone off the waiver wire ready to go. The asshole I'm playing against picked up Starks and Gerhart. That's one s***ty thing about working a night shift job, you miss stuff like updates and such in the morning. (speaking of which, I should get some sleep now) Can't believe I'm gonna play Ball. If he does well for me Krush, I'll owe you big time.. maybe put whatever you want on my sig or something or fed-ex you a beer.. It's risky considering I'm also playing Decker and Julius Thomas. I know Peyton likes to feed people, but I might have a turd in the punchbowl somewhere in there...
-
Fantasy football advice thread
Asking people's opinion on Montee Ball. Just picked him up. It's a huge gamble, but his snaps have increased lately and Moreno is a bit banged up. (I'm facing Moreno tonight btw) Should I start Ball or wait out and see if Lacy plays (hopefully) and/or Le'Veon Bell as a flex? This is NON PPR. My Rb's.. McCoy (must start) Lacy, Bell, Ball. Pick 3 from that list.
-
White Sox pick Adrian Nieto in Rule 5 draft
He was a better hitter than Jesus Flores (who ironically enough, the Nats took with their rule 5 pick a few years ago when he was in high A) in the minors and Flores has/had carved out a decent backup career. Not saying that's going to happen with Nieto, but you never know. I mean if Albert Pujols can only have 81 ABs in high A (14 ABs in AAA) then jump to the bigs and become one of the league's best hitters of the past decade, then anyone can do it.
-
White Sox pick Adrian Nieto in Rule 5 draft
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 08:29 AM) Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine 56s Wh Sox take second catcher , Omar Narbaze from Tampa . Talk about a guy with virtually no power. He does have a good eye though. His arm is where he makes his living though, great percentage of CS.
-
MLB to ban
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 07:48 AM) So because catchers in the past had their careers ruined by home plate collisions, it would ruin the integrity of the game if present day catchers weren't allowed to face the same fate? I'm saying it doesn't matter in either case. Injuries can happen on any play or even in practice shagging fly balls. Should baseball ban head first sliding? I've seen more injuries there then in home plate collisions. Why take out something that's been a part of baseball (that anyone whose played baseball growing up) for centuries because of two freak accidents to young catchers as you said. Maybe I don't understand it.. (your talking to a guy whose still not a fan of instant replay though so I'm bias, and before any of the noobs jump on me, I'm not an old timer like Walsh, Yasny, Jim, Tex etc. here.)
-
MLB to ban
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:32 PM) Such an obvious decision. Two of the best young catchers in the game missed a lot of games because of home plate collisions, really no need for them. I firmly believe baseball is one of the rare sports that most of the rules are best left alone. Your citing two catchers in today's game whereas many catchers in the past have had their careers altered one way or another due to a number of instances. (funny seeing the Rose quote, although I agree with him, where Ray Fosse was never the same after his collision with Pistol Pete) Injuries happen, it's part of the game. Any number of freak accidents can screw up a player's career anyways. That's what makes this game so great and why guys like Ripkin Jr. and guys before him do amazing things in that regard.
-
Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs
Wow.. couldn't touch this guy two years ago and now we got him. I'm generally a fan of most of the prospects in Arizona's farm system. They know how to really develop their prospects well for the most part (more-so hitters.. ironic I know). Hope he has a Carlos Quentin-like impact with us.
-
fake rumor
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:41 PM) Whoa. Calling for a guy to get banned because he duped by a fake twitter account? I haven't been around the main board in a long time, but I hope we aren't all this sensitive now. Me neither, but nah. Seems like the typical few months joined the board poster acting like a big shot. Nothing new. Guy made an honest mistake. It happens move along. I will say that I doubt this would be a one for one swap either if this were to happen. J.P. Crawford is a very good prospect and their 3B Franco has big time power. I still wouldn't do it regardless though.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:36 PM) Oh cry me a f***ing river. I just lost by 0.32 points and have been eliminated from the playoffs because Kyle Orton (WHOM MY f***ING TEAM IS NAMED AFTER) led an inexplicable drive down the field and scored a TD with 5 seconds left in the game, allowing Dan Bailey to get the XP and me to be eliminated from the playoffs. I was 0.33 points away from going to the Championship game.... This makes me feel slightly better.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Still can't get over those catches by Jeffery two straight weeks. Unbelievable. Never thought he could/would be breaking more records in the Bears franchise's history (WR group) than Marshall.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
f***ing Cowboys couldn't kick a chip soht FG or score one more TD.. I would've won. Instead I lose by .87 points, drop to 4th place and have to see the #1 seed. Might be a blessing in disguise though. AP might be out and his RBs (Bush, Moreno) are banged up. Should be interesting though and I'm not benching Decker this time!
-
Roy Halladay to retire as a Blue Jay
Doc was amazing during his prime. I just hope his back can finally be good the rest of his life stepping away now. (Avoiding surgery for more problems down the road)
-
Teams begging Sox for Chris Sale
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:28 AM) LMAO, you think the Rays front office would just take a guy or two for Price? Not to mention getting assets back from trading your young, great contract in Sale and trading those for an older, declining numbers wise in Price and then have to sign him for more money in a couple of years (if sox elect to keep him).
-
Teams begging Sox for Chris Sale
They are really talking about Sale right now on MLB Network. Rosenthal just said Zona was all over him to acquire last year at the trade deadline. Teams will be lining up if Sox even entertain it.
-
Hahn says trade talks have heated up.
Phil Rogers at the winter meetings this morning on MLB Network is pimping a Gardner for Alexei swap making sense for both teams (Jeter's injury history/eventual retirement/Alexei's experience playing 2B/3B, then shifting to SS/stop gap until Yankees figure out what to do long term at SS).
-
Holy crap. We talk a lot around here
I still remember some of the old posters (who don't post much/are banned/choose not to post anymore) who were suppose to catch Jason (at the time) and Mike for the top spot(s). I also remember when I was in the top 10 for posts. I see me and Greasy are the two on the borderline of 20K next.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
I benched Eric Decker again... Need 4.50 points from my kicker Bailey tomorrow to win and see if I get #2, #3 or #4 spot.
-
Jonathan Mayo Mock Draft
I still think Turner's tools would be too enticing for the sox brass to pass up. Hahn and KW love him already. Hoffman, Kolek etc. could make them think though. (not to mention sox farm is much better at developing pitchers)
-
2013-2014 NHL thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 01:02 PM) The dream is over... Indeed. I still remember reading this board and the draft scouts when he was picked he was suppose to be that Lucic type power forward next to Toews and Kane... sigh.
-
Paul Konerko Returning to White Sox
FYI: Konerko's talking on MLB Network right now. (Hot Stove)
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:12 AM) LMFAO.