Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:59 AM) To summarize, the Nets just willingly traded for quite possibly the worst player of all-time. Austin Rivers, with actual playing time, had one of the worst seasons in the NBA/ABA era (I'm talking 308th in the league as a defender, nearly record worst 43.1 TS%, 5.9 PER.. yea I don't need to go on) and is still doing s***ty this year, albeit not as s***ty as his god awful rookie year, but still s***ty, yet you still spill out the same bulls*** most of us already know (although not nearly as awful as you portray the kid to be) seeking the "hey look at me" attention to your posts no better than J4L in this thread (who is miles smarter than you about the game of basketball btw) and then still pout about others in this thread who might not be as factual about certain aspects of Thibodeau's tactics, advanced statistical strategies (especially defensively... his abolition of illegal defense he fully leveraged and was really the first to do so, by loading up the strong side box while having the weakside defenders zone the back side of the defense.. just a brilliant mind) or about a Bulls player in general (and yes some are warranted) and yet respond to one, two, sometimes ten word snarly remarks back to others reminiscent to SoxFan1 who does it.. well.. almost all the time. No wonder why some good basketball minds here rarely post or just avoid this thread entirely. Of course I'm only pulling your leg and halfway kidding Steven. But yes, Teague wasn't properly developed here and he sucked. Bulls did what they needed to do to get under the tax. Best of luck to the kid. Maybe Jason Kidd can teach him some things with his high basketball I.Q. like how to properly bump into him with a drink in his hand without getting caught on camera.
  2. He knows something... that Spanky....
  3. WFAN Sports Radio ‏@WFAN660 20sec Report: Masahiro Tanaka has also confirmed to his agent Casey Close he will "seikou his wife" on the mound with the media at hand after signing to his preferred club.
  4. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:47 AM) Sqwert, no doing this if the Seahawks lose http://deadspin.com/49ers-fan-allegedly-sh...of-b-1505721518
  5. QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:23 AM) That would be epic if Tanaka created a half hour show on ESPN to announce the decision. And during the show Paul Konerko and Michael Jordan woud pitch the White Sox, and then an immediate rebuttal pitch by Kerry Wood and Sammy Sosa. And then if Lebron came to The White sox we could rejoice! He will add flair like a typical Japanese player however. "I literally decided getting up this morning.... then had to scratch my ass, bang my wife and took a shot of sake to really make the decision easier to take my talents to..."
  6. QUOTE (dayan024 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:15 AM) Stand down, folks. Masahiro Tanaka's tweet says that he "cannot decide." (via @IchiroReport) So who really knows lol And then this happens. LOL.
  7. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:14 AM) Score said he decided Now FINALLY, s*** is getting real.
  8. God some of the noobies here are making this thread unbearable to read at times.
  9. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:20 PM) Which is kind of funny because Hard knocks loves controversy and Trestman is anything but controversial No, but Brandon Marshall usually does something "controversial" every training camp, so I guess there's that.
  10. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:46 AM) You don't know that.
  11. What is sad is even in that interview, he is still more articulate than Derrick Rose.
  12. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 10:26 AM) I want the white sox equivalent of this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1652622...-walkoff-double Absolutely. And then I want him doing this on the mound.. http://youtu.be/puvSU2c3xT0?t=3m36s (3:36-3:44)
  13. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 10:15 AM) Yes they do. Shaq won 4 rings and Kobe was lucky enough to tag along for 3 of them. More like they both were lucky the refs were too busy screwing the Kings over in a couple of those years in bets.
  14. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:01 AM) But IMO that does not imply he was 100% clean beforehand. We can't say based on physique that these guys are clean. We might be able to see giveaways that they're dirty if they do certain types of drugs, but that doesn't mean they're clean if we don't see those giveaways. Ugh.. you would be "one of those people" huh Balta?
  15. QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:23 AM) I argued like f*** over the Brandon Allen deal. He was a solid offensive prospect with huge raw power from the left side, took walks, and was progressing through the system. I personally liked him. We traded him for an arb-eligible reliever who couldn't retire opposite side batters who also was a failed closer. Basically he was an expensive righty specialist who, if he did suddenly became very good, was going to be immediately paid by the arb system. The deal was a dumb one to make but, because we traded an unproven player, it didn't end up hurting. My main problem with that deal wasn't trading Brandon Allen, it was the return, and the idea that if you can't get a better return than that then you don't make a deal, keep the prospect. It's one of the few Kenny moves I didn't like at the time & still don't now. Boom. EXACTLY what I thought as well. In fact.. here is one of the Brandon Allen threads after the deal was made and what I said in the trade thread. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1951608 Pretty much what you alluded to, except I thought he was overrated in our system all along.
  16. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:39 AM) The only prospect that has really bit KW in the ass by sending away is Gio. Gio had a ton of critics on this board. He was my second favorite prospect ever after Reed. He was fun to watch. I was right about him though. (and I'm sure others here were as well, namely JPN) Just thought that Swisher deal was a win-win for both teams.. whoops. I remember some didn't want to see Clayton Richard traded.
  17. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:33 AM) For all this talk about his education, I'd be willing to bet that his Stanford communications degree was much more difficult to obtain than Manning's Tennessee communications degree, why isn't that being discussed at length. Manning doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed outside of football. You might be the first person that I've ever seen say that. From all accounts, he is pretty damn smart outside of football as well. (as well as his brother, now their personalities... yea I'd rather watch paint dry) He is no Alex Smith however. That guy is brilliant. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:19 AM) I also think much of Peyton's quoted intelligence comes from the fact that he shreds defenses like a paper shredder. Over the last 10 years, Peyton Manning led teams are 125-35 and his QB rating is 102.9. The one year he was injured and did not play, his team went 2-14. The dude is one of the smartest quarterbacks in NFL history. I don't think anyone has ever said the dude is one of the smartest people in the world, or that he even has average intelligence outside of football. I don't think we have the capability of knowing that. The dude memorized the entire Colts playbook in one week after being drafted. I mean, that's almost unheard of.
  18. I hope Denver mops the floor with them mostly because that will hopefully shut up once and for all the Boston/media/even some neutral fans who think Brady is better than Manning all time.. such a f***ing joke. Plus, Pete Carroll is a piece of s***.
  19. QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 09:29 AM) 5 more days fellas.. Seriously I just want this to be over. Sure it'll be worth it if we land this guy, but it's dragged on long enough.
  20. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:21 AM) ESPN just said that PG's dunk > Vince's Dunk Contest dunk. While similar, VC's was smoother. I understand his was in a dunk contest and not a game, but at best it's a tie. PG can't touch Vince in overall athleticism I can careless what anyone says and I've back that up for years. I've said it in the past, Vince Carter could of been one of the best SGs (even arguable top 10 player) ever if he had even an ounce of work ethic and gave two s***s about the game.
  21. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 12:36 AM) I thought Jeremy Reed was the future of CF. You thought? YOU THOUGHT?!?! I have an autographed baseball when I went to a Barons game just before I joined this board, knightni sent me a card of his after I nearly won the PTC game and had the man's name as my screen name for years on this site (J.Reedfan8) because I was convinced he was going to be a star. I've been right and wrong about numerous prospects in the past, but I was dead wrong on Reed. (although I always felt Seattle's hitting coach ruined his mechanics the next season after he got his cup of coffee and performed very well) I guess I let what I seen as a youngster get to my head with numerous guys, especially him. (although I was totally right about Chris Young, sorry Jason ) I was wrong about Swisher as well as Danny Richar being potentially good. And I see noone here yet is willing to talk about the Brandon Allen trade huh?
  22. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 06:44 AM) Scott Podsednik was a terrible baserunner, people complain about De Aza's baserunning but Podsednik was the king of making outs on the base paths. In 2005 Pods made 46 outs after reaching base (23CS+14PO+9OOB). You know you done f***ed up when you get Kalapse out of hiding to post.
  23. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 08:14 AM) Best AAAA pitcher in the world? He is definitely a #1 in AAA. Would be nice to see a few of our affiliate teams make the playoffs with certain prospects on them. The Knights were bad last year. Hopefully with their best pitcher returning and some of the other acquisitions they made and certain prospects getting better, they can make a run at, at least... the wildcard. Now with all that said.. let's pray he never sees the bigs with us again. (barring a s***load of pitching injuries or the sox in the toilet again for a top pick)
  24. Outstanding signing for the Charlotte Knights.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.