Everything posted by fathom
-
White Sox Acquire Jarrod Dyson from PIT
Yep I believe it was Gore who scored from 2nd on a wild pitch
-
White Sox Acquire Jarrod Dyson from PIT
Nothing to dislike about this move. I dare anyone to find a faster outfield in history that Dyson/Robert/Engel
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Everything I’ve heard is that it plays huge, especially compared to the old park
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I don’t think Bauer is going to be available unfortunately. They’re a few innings away from picking up two games on the Cardinals today.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Just heard the injury hasn’t calmed down yet, which seems lengthier than they expected
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
This is cliche talk but maybe the biggest addition the Sox could bring in is getting Bummer back. Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like a lot of progress has been made.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Ricky doesn’t like to give guys the green light. And do you really want him possibly getting caught stealing with top of the order up? Also not a single belief I have about Madrigal is from his time in the Majors this year. Go back in the minor league threads from last year and you will see numerous comments about how his speed was not as advertised.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
So far, Stone has said Lynn, Clevinger/Plesac, deGrom and Trevor Williams won’t happen. A few weeks ago he also said no to Stroman as a FA.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Madrigal would be lucky to steal 15 bases a year, and I’m not sure I would want him trying to steal that much.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
No he’s not a rental
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I’m not worried at all about who might be traded, as Vaughn is the only untouchable in the system now. For the right price, Kopech and/or Madrigal should be available. I also say this with the confidence that no rentals will be brought in unless it’s a small trade.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Wasn’t he the worst pitcher in baseball last year statistically? I know that means less now that it did before Giolito, but don’t act like he’s this phenomenal performer that had a few bad outings. He’s lucky he was given a starting spot coming into the season without real competition.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Keith Law said today that Lopez probably has no value at all
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Pretty sure Madrigal’s defensive metrics in the minors were good, but definitely not great. Now Robert’s were sensational in the minors.
- 2021 Free Agent Pitchers
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Mets aren’t trading deGrom prior to the team sale
-
2021 Free Agent Pitchers
Yes I do think they would have to be on board and no, I don’t think it’s likely to happen. I also think he’s likely to sign somewhere with a big Driveline presence. Also another huge factor could be how critical he is of Manfred. I’m skeptical that Reinsdorf would be comfortable of this.
-
2021 Free Agent Pitchers
Two completely different approaches to pitching. Bauer is set in his ways with regards to pregame prep, etc. I watch every single VLog he produces and I can confidently say he and Cooper would be a disaster together.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Conforto is as bad as Castellanos defensively. Nimmo would be a great get but can’t see it happening.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
And Stanton/Judge can’t stay healthy
-
What should the Sox do with James McCann?
I can say with significant confidence Vaughn will be up in 2021 for most, if not all, of the season
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/26 game thread 1:10 first pitch
4 of the top 9 fWAR 2nd baseman were acquired via free agency during the offseason
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/26 game thread 1:10 first pitch
Clearly in my scenario Madrigal has more value. To me, Mendick just shows how much easier it is to find a viable 2nd baseman than a controllable starter.
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/26 game thread 1:10 first pitch
My god Abreu keeps using the aluminum bat
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/26 game thread 1:10 first pitch
Really great at bats for Yoan today....now pull him