Everything posted by fathom
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Well if Jon Jay ends up attending, then that will make things interesting
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Also, isn’t there some season ticket event tonight?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Something I’ve been looking at online is if the Sox have been hyping soxfest more than usual. To me, doesn’t appear so. Actually feels like they hyped it more last year.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yep, hopefully he uses the term teammate and not neighbor going forward so I don’t worry about the Cubs
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
“Surprises”
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Um, that’s more than anyone else
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I'm highly doubtful, but chili has scooped as much, or more, than anyone else this offseason.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If Manny could pass the Orioles physical, he'll have no problem passing the WSox
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
There will be no announcement Friday night, and then people will talk themselves into Saturday being the day....and then same with Saturday to Sunday. Sunday will be like the last day of the Winter Meetings where everyone hopes stuff happens, but in reality it’s a bunch of people just trying to get home.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I can safely say no one has anything specific based on lack of wsd tweets
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I don’t think he will be in Chicago no matter what. If anything, it would be a signing announcement.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Just be prepared for about 100 Manny in Chicago sightings on twitter over the next 24 hours. I wonder if Reinsdorf has a luxury suite at the convention?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
It’s already sold out. An announcement at a convention like that is to increase ticket sales (and I’m sure jersey sales) if they announce something.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Also a bold move for Sox brass to have Yonder make these calls, given what he represents.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Keep him in a trailer outside of Gorilla Position
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
knowing how this offseason has gone, Manny will be at soxfest but only to hang out with Yonder and not sign anything.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
this is correct
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I think they die down a lot after this weekend. You'll see a lot of "he won't sign until Spring Training" posts.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
- Joc Pederson: ???
From that same thread:- Joc Pederson: ???
Don't know where else to put this, but you want to talk about rebuilding, maybe having a competent coaching staff would help:- Joc Pederson: ???
I'm not saying they aren't, but I would rather see Palka get at bats than Alonso- Joc Pederson: ???
But some of those 1-year deal guys are for veterans with very low ceilings that are likely to take away at bats from the younger guys that you might have wanted to give at bats to (i.e.Jay and Alonso instead of Palka and Delmonico). Again, I'm beyond fine with these moves if it means Machado. If not, it will be a giant mess.- Joc Pederson: ???
and I agree with this, and that if Machado and Harper go elsewhere, there is no reason Hahn should keep his job.- Joc Pederson: ???
The Cubs drafted phenomenally, which sped up their rebuild. The Sox rebuild could be significantly improved right now, but their first round picks have been a disaster (Fulmer, Collins, Burger). - Joc Pederson: ???