Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2027 Offense

Featured Replies

There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.

Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.

I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year.

Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year.
Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills rallies
Braden - please work on your RH swing
Benintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDS
Teel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcher

Colson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year.

Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year.
Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills rallies
Braden - please work on your RH swing
Benintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDS
Teel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcher

Colson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..

If they think Bonemer is the real deal then my guess is Kolson will be traded for a starting pitcher.

16 minutes ago, almagest said:

Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.

I think he gets non-tendered. Projected to make like $3M and was traded for a guy we DFA’d. No loss

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think he gets non-tendered. Projected to make like $3M and was traded for a guy we DFA’d. No loss

If they think Quero can do it then I agree. Otherwise Bart is their best option I think.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

If they think Quero can do it then I agree. Otherwise Bart is their best option I think.

My guess is the White Sox braintrust will go with Quero as the backup as he’s too young to give up on and except for this year has been a pretty decent hitter during his minor league career.

Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.

Bonemer is probably up before the all star break assuming he handles AAA well. Cholowsky I think needs a year in the minors, especially since he got hurt. He could certainly force the issue though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.