Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:56 PM) Love seeing Moncada being able to work a count at will. I have to pull out the OOTP 17 scouting description "This kid will see a massive amount of pitches over his career".
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Smart idea by Moncada to come out swinging this AB knowing Keuchel has been throwing a lot over the plate.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Kevan Smith has raised his wRC+ about 15 points tonight.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Adam Engel trending here in Seattle on Twitter. Neato.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:46 PM) That is all on the first base coach. Fair enough. Hardly worth mentioning in this season really. It was a tough read.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:33 PM) Not at all. The OF got a glove on it. He couldn't go anywhere until the ball bounded away. He was doing that stupid thing were he tries to tag from 1st on a deep ball to CF. He should have been at least 2/3 to second and scored easily after the ball bounded 20+ feet away. It was bad baserunning Stone said he was on 1st.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
That is one of the most insane catches I have ever seen.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Poor Leury, man I used to hate that s***. Pitcher struggles all f***ing inning then paints the corner on your ass.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Moncada is a patient mofo.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
What a f***ing rocket from Smith. WTF do I know, Ricky the mad genius batting him cleanup. edit, he's 5th, sorry Avi, forgot you.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Awful baserunning from Jose.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Goodness Avi is strong.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 09:10 PM) I don't care that he is tank commander, I don't want to see Holland anymore, he is done whose spot is Lopez taking?
-
08/08/2017 Games
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 09:13 PM) I don't see any reason why they would keep him out of Arizona. This kid is unreal. Hahn had a quote on him today: https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/895069244957663232
-
08/08/2017 Games
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:04 PM) Jimenez has been ridiculous and Zavala not too much less. I think Collins has benefited from the additions of Jimenez and Zavala as well. Definitely think all three should be in Birmingham to start the '18 season. I hope they send Jimenez to the AFL. With a good performance he could be #1 overall IMO.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:40 PM) Hanging curves in your eyes tend to get hit hard Mere competency from the Sox' young callups is refreshing. But yea a hanger.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Great approach and swing from Moncada from the right side. Nice!
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Abreu closing in on another 120 wRC+ season. Blah.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
TA turned on a fastball? I'll be damned.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
Quality baseball, go figure.
-
Sox vs 'Stros
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 05:07 PM) Dan HayesVerified account @CSNHayes 28m28 minutes ago #WhiteSox for 8/8: Anderson 6, Saladino 5, Abreu 3, A. Garcia 9, Smith 2, Moncada 4, L. Garcia 7, Delmonico DH, Engel 8. Holland 1. I really don't think there's much to it but FFS Rick: pick a f***ing spot for Moncada and keep him there. WTF is he even doing with these lineups.
-
Matt Davidson to DL, Avi Garcia back
QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 03:45 PM) Those were basically his numbers when he was with the Sox, no? Maybe just a tad higher when he was here? No reason to think they would change much...other than maybe he might get more opportunities to hit with men on base, but even then he was pretty awful hitting with RISP last year and not great this year...great guy, absolutely love his personality and also his defense at 3B...not so much his hitting. Yeah, he hit 40 bombs...pretty sure a big majority of those were solo shots (or at least it felt like it) or meaningless in lost ballgames. Idk. Will be interesting to see who he goes with next year. He hasn't exactly put himself in a great position to be on a team that is in win-now mode for years to come. Similar, but add 108 points of ISO with the Sox. If Frazier isn't hitting for power, and he's not with the Yanks, he's basically replacement level.
-
Matt Davidson to DL, Avi Garcia back
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 01:22 PM) And you will see on your left this thread circling the drain... I think we've found the new banner for the last 50 odd games. Just photoshop Shields, Davidson and Clippard over a drain.
-
Super early but spring training question
QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 02:24 PM) Appreciate it, fellas. I hadn't even thought of using airbnb. This year we (me and two buddies) did more of a "spring training survey" and hit up 4 games in 5 nights and four different stadiums rather than just seeing the Sox at Glandale a couple times as I did prior. It was by far a better experience. Some of the fields are just ridiculous now. Talking Stick field felt like a mini Camden Yards to me and was well worth the drive. Personally I'm still a bit younger (although it's fading, fml) so I enjoyed the college / young professional vibe in Tempe quite a bit. We stayed about a mile south of campus and the airbnb we were at had bikes so after the games we'd just ride our bikes through campus and onto the main drags in Tempe and then rinse and repeat the next day. Having the car was a must to see all the various stadiums. And I enjoy driving in the Valley of the Sun quite a bit. Wide open spaces for the most part, even rush hour isn't that bad compared to what I'm used to here in Seattle. I encourage everybody to go to spring training, especially if you're coming from a cold place. The weather will put a smile on your face and once you go once you'll want to make it a year or semi yearly thing.
-
Matt Davidson to DL, Avi Garcia back
On a related note, Todd Frazier has absolutely cratered since he got traded to the Yankees, slashing 200/333/309. Ha.