Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 20, 2016 -> 06:46 PM) But if Eaton does not get on, he is your "lead-off hitter" in the first. Regardless, I like a big lineup change going in to a big series. Confuse those sh** kickers from KC. No problem with Jose in that situation either. Basically you want your best hitters hitting 1,2, your best power guy 4, 2nd best power guy 5th and rest doesn't really matter -- including the 3rd spot. Honestly lineup construction has been well analyzed by sabermetrics over the past few years and at absolute best you're talking the difference in 5-15 runs over the course of a year -- so 1 win.
  2. QUOTE (shipps @ May 20, 2016 -> 05:07 PM) Abreu batting second? So weird. Not really, gets him more PA and also lets him bat without Rollins or Jackson making an automatic out after Eaton gets on.
  3. If he's better than the options that exist post trade deadline then there is zero doubt should come up and help contribute to hopefully a division winning club. Let's say the Sox don't move for a SS and in August you've got a .5 WAR Rollins and a .5 WAR Saladino and a 320/350/450 Anderson with solid defense in AAA -- he comes up, no doubt about it. If he can even hit 270/300/400 down the stretch that would be a huge boost and on days you want to go defense you simply plug in Saladino. I"m about ready to cut bait on Rollins I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he is still an effective starter. His lack of range at SS is troubling.
  4. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 20, 2016 -> 03:29 PM) In 32 AB Rollins is hitting .452/.500/.710 with 2 HR against Gee. He really should be in the lineup over Saladino. I don't mind it. Putting the best defense possible behind Q against the slap hitting contact oriented Royals isn't a bad idea. RV has showed me more tactical smarts this year then I think the previous four combined. Still pissed about putting on that bunt sign the other week and a few other questionable moves, but at least occasionally he's doing smart stuff.
  5. Royals lineup really doesn't scare me. Helps to have Avila back to help shut down their running game as well and Q does a decent job keeping guys close. Sox do what they should and score 4-5 runs this should be a win.
  6. QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:07 PM) Let's get another insurance run. Do you guys think Robin will let Sale go out for the 9th? you're joking, right?
  7. This doesn't have a 2015 feel, it has a 2006 down the stretch feel.
  8. QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:32 PM) Who's idea was it to hire Robin in first place? Refresh my memory. I'm pretty sure it came entirely out of the blue. RV was sitting around his house retired, with zero managerial experience, I mean not even like "special advisor in spring" or some BS like that when KW called him up. I still don't understand the thought process behind hiring a guy with zero experience who wasn't exactly a renowned leader of men during his playing days.
  9. Carlos Sanchez needs more starts.
  10. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:24 PM) Also, I'm not pressing the panic button when I question what type of team this is. I think it's a fair question, especially when the only good season this team has had under Ventura has been in his first year when they choked away the lead down the stretch. I've never been confidence in Ventura & frankly after multiple questionable decisions in the last week, I truly wonder who this team really is. It's easy to live off of an extreme start (good or bad) for a certain amount of time but after a while if that hot start fades enough & teams continue to catch them & eventually pass them it's worth asking the "who are they?" question. I know one thing and that is I'd fell a HELLUVA lot better with RV not the manager. Complacency just seems to follow RV around.
  11. Team's overall play has been horse s*** since that debacle in Texas and also they are not getting any of the breaks they were earlier in the year. This isn't a bad team, but right now it's not a good one either.
  12. Feels like the defense has been s*** ever since that game in Texas.
  13. i hate this f***ing s***. what a joke.
  14. The umps have not been kind to us lately either. WTF!
  15. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:48 PM) How the f*** is that not interference? even more egregious than what Jose did in "pretending" to fall over the plate.
  16. if Jose interfered earlier this year than that is too!
  17. albers has found a little something this at bat, making better pitches.
  18. QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:43 PM) Does Avila do a poor job of framing pitches? he's solid, certainly better than navarro.
  19. shut down albers can come back any day now.
  20. My rule would be if you go to extra innings you bust out the beer. Not a single good swing by anybody that inning. Wow.
  21. QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:36 PM) Giving some great pitches to hit Every batter this inning has got at least one ball right down the middle. Much like Robertson though it can still be hard to hit thanks to the movement it seems.
  22. I will give him this: he has a pissload of movement on his fastball. Jesus, talk about a running fastball.
  23. QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:34 PM) Too many balls swung at out of the zone in addition to high pitched swung at. crazy I literally thought that at the same moment I read your post.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.