5/17 - Astros @ White Sox Game Thread

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worried about this one. Houston's got a powerful and patient lineup, which will probably do well against Rodon's control weaknesses. Keuchel is struggling but he totally destroyed us last year.

And of course, I can't watch. Can't we be done with Texas teams already? Alexeiyesss, I appreciate the unblock-us link but it doesn't support FireTV. So, bummer. Another stare-at-my-phone GameDay night.

Nice 10 game homestand against not so great teams. I would be satisfied with 6-4, thrilled with anything better than that. I agree with these posts so far as well, it is time for Rodon to let his stuff do the talking rather than trying to ace those corners.

The pitch to contact approach just won't work for Rodon like it does for Sale. In my opinion, he needs to stop being "pretty" and start becoming more aggressive like he was at the end of last year. If his control suffers a little bit, fine. But what he's doing now isn't working and he needs to change things up before it spirals out of control.

For a young pitcher, confidence is everything. Carlos needs to have a solid start tonight to build up poise and a swagger.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 17, 2016 -> 06:55 AM)
Worried about this one. Houston's got a powerful and patient lineup, which will probably do well against Rodon's control weaknesses. Keuchel is struggling but he totally destroyed us last year.

Houston really worries me too. It's far too early in the season yet to throw dirt on a team with a s***ty start, just as it's far too early to crown those with a hot start.

Television stations tonite:

May 17, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Houston Astros

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Game telecast time: 7:00 PM Central / 8:00 PM Eastern *

‘WGN Sports on my50’

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WPWR-TV Gary, Channel 50 (my network TV)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
I'm blacked out. SON OF A b****. Blackouts are horrible.

Same. I have ROOT Sports Houston on TV though.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ May 17, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
If you are located in an area where the game is televised, then you are not blacked out.

We're talking about mlb.tv.

Sox have a chance to get back on track here. Yes, they are 10 over but they are 5-5 in their last 10 & 7-6 in the month of May so far.

This home stand is huge for them. If they can take 2 games in each, that'll leave them at 6-4 in that stretch & 30-18 overall. Really need to start seeing strong starts from pitchers not-named Chris Sale & Jose Quintana. Starts tonight with Rodon.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
I'm blacked out. SON OF A b****. Blackouts are horrible.

Yeah...mlb.tv sucks in that regard. I'm in Michigan so anytime they play Detroit I will be blacked out. It's been nice they haven't played them yet, but when they do, it will suck lol.

Yeah...mlb.tv sucks in that regard. I'm in Michigan so anytime they play Detroit I will be blacked out. It's been nice they haven't played them yet, but when they do, it will suck lol

Can't you watch the White Sox (when they oppose the Tigers) on 'Fox Sports Detroit'? I think FSD carries every Tigers game other than national games airing on Fox, FS1, ESPN, etc.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Sox have a chance to get back on track here. Yes, they are 10 over but they are 5-5 in their last 10 & 7-6 in the month of May so far.

This home stand is huge for them. If they can take 2 games in each, that'll leave them at 6-4 in that stretch & 30-18 overall. Really need to start seeing strong starts from pitchers not-named Chris Sale & Jose Quintana. Starts tonight with Rodon.

If the Sox can go 7-6 in every 13 game stretch from this point forward, they'll make the playoffs.