5/17 - Astros @ White Sox Game Thread

It's one thing to blow a lead here and there but very troubling how many times the bullpen has blown games this week. Even multiple blown leads within games. I think this is closer to the real White Sox bullpen than what we saw at the beginning of the year.

Albers doesn't look like he has the ability to cope with any kind of adversity so not sure he can be trusted in high leverage anymore in a must win/playoff type game. Just completely imploding after that one poor game is a terrible sign.

This team is just not as mentally tough as I thought. I wasn't concerned at all after the Texas game since I knew it was just one game. Every team has a bad loss like that every year. But I remember some people saying that would be the start of a big losing streak and unfortunately they are looking like they are right.

The offense has been adequate most games but really is not capitalizing in situations where you can really blow a game open. It seems like we have had bases loaded so many times this season already and we've rarely gotten more than 1 run in if at all.

Edited by soxforlife05

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic