Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:10 PM) I remember one time Ozzie made somebody bunt with 2 strikes and the same thing happened and all the outrage. I remember thinking at the time that it was to prove a point to the front office or something. That they got him players who should be able to bunt who can't even f***ing bunt. Yep, now that you mention it I vaguely remember that. Greg I'm agreeing with you a lot today.
  2. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:03 PM) Yeah, I actually thought of that seconds after I posted. Good take. You might be right about the end of that baseball axiom. I'd like some proof, though, of how many managers are now playing to tie on the road. I don't mind playing for the tie so much as the fact that everyone that even follows the sox casually knows that Adam Eaton cannot sac bunt. Yea, he's a 5-8 speedy slap hitter -- but he can't sac bunt! You can expect him to bunt because 5-8 slap hitters are supposed to be Good Solid Fundamental Players but the reality is that Eaton is a .300 hitter that had the platoon advantage. Let him f***ing swing. Put your guys in a position to succeed.
  3. QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:42 PM) Absolutely. Dude's in over his head. Pretty much gets all the details wrong. The necessary change won't be forthcoming anytime soon. A few too many years of Ozzie made the FO a little nuts with the manager's role. I think they're still just happy to be working with someone that they like. Need to aim higher, and outside the "family " preferably. Won't happen til 2017 earliest. Can anyone at any time in history point out a manager who was hired with zero experience, who had a record as poor as Robin's over the first four years -- and THEN was extended? JR's loyalty is insane man.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:33 PM) I most of watched Eaton try to bunt 20 times during ST games, and it seems he fouled off every single attempt. See, even the fans know it! How does the manager not? You guys that defend Robin can talk about me and some other posters beating a dead horse and try and poo poo it away but the reality is that he's actively costing the Sox wins and when you spend as much money as JR did this offseason you expect the manager not to hold the team back. So far, the team is sloppy, beyond sloppy really.
  5. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:21 PM) If Ned Yost is such a terrible manager, how can he get the Royals to play so fundamentally sound that they've won 24 of their last 27 (when not facing Bumgarner) games dating back to last season? And some were picking them fourth? Hmmm...not so fast. Zero confidence Ventura is the right guy to lead this team anywhere but third or fourth place. Yost is an awful tactician but his guys play sharp. Robin is an awful tactician and his guys' play is about as sharp as those disposable razors they give away at the Hotel front desk. Most manager's have good and bad traits. The only, honest to goodness trait I see in Robin is ability to handle the media. And of course, when you're expected to contend and this is what we see the first week even that is going to get a helluva lot harder. I hope he gets grilled over that bunt. Grill him.
  6. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:23 PM) You should never play for the tie on the road...what happened to that tried-and-true axiom of baseball? Don't make the 3rd out at 3B. On 3-1, look to the pull the ball. Don't get picked off down 3+ runs. Don't sac bunt down 2 on the road in the 9th with a good hitter that sucks at bunting. Don't use Gordon Beckham as the 1st RHP PH off the bench. The amount of stupidity that we have already seen is unreal. It falls on the manager.
  7. Yep. Good thing they gave RV that extension he so earned.
  8. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:16 PM) Out of curiosity, anyone know what the win probability stats say about bunting with Eaton there?? (And please ignore the two strike bunt, everyone else knows how bad of an idea that was) The bunt usually increases the chance of scoring one run and slightly lowers the chance of scoring more than 1 -- aka winning in this case. It was indefensible decision, especially given how wild the pitcher was. And that's with a SUCCESSFUL sac bunt. Something Eaton has never done well. Putting him in that spot is RETARDED. f*** off RV.
  9. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:14 PM) In that situation, don't look for the bunt, look for the walk. Allen was wild. That should have been evident since he walked and hit a batter just before that. Yea I'm with ya. I wanted to see a drag bunt attempt at 0-0 and then swing away. but it was clear that wasn't the plan, it looked like a pure sacrifice call from Robin.
  10. QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:12 PM) Bunting eaton was dumb, But eaton needs to get it down. Eaton cant bunt for the life of him. Jose not looking good How about we play to our players' strengths? WE ALL KNOW EATON SUCKS AT SAC BUNTS. Does the Manager?
  11. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:11 PM) The managerial decisions in that 9th inning were abysmal. I don't care if Eaton did that on his own. If you're the manager, you tell the batter you don't f***ing bunt with 2 strikes twice. Eaton's head is up his ass. Robin should have saved him from himself if that was the case. I don't know what's worse -- that Robin either called for the bunt -- or that he didn't give the "SWING THE f*** AWAY" sign with 2 strikes. Seriously, pick one and either way it's retarded.
  12. one of the worst played games I have ever witnessed. If that isn't on Robin I don't know what to so. Team is sloppy, decisions are baffling and the Indians TRIED TO GIVE US THE GAME RIGHT BACK. f***ing awful.
  13. wow. right down the middle.
  14. Hit a 3 run bomb Jose and shove it up Robin's dumbass.
  15. QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 03:05 PM) A 5'4 lead off hitter can't execute a bunt? Jesus. We have a guy that hit 300 last year bunting with nobody out int eh 9th. Genius.
  16. QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 03:05 PM) First person who defends that decision gets kicked in the teeth. Also, EATON. You're a professional baseball player, time to act like it. he can't fix that his manager is a retard.
  17. I'm so done with RV. That was one the of the dumbest things I've ever f***ing seen.
  18. W.T.F. was that??????
  19. how about a drag bunt single?
  20. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:57 PM) I don't get it. You didn't want him to bat? I'd much rather have seen Avi but whatever it worked. What possible indication there was that it was going to work (maybe Boni winked at Robin) before hand however, I don't know.
  21. nice to play a team that's trying to give the game away as hard as our guys.
  22. good job worked a walk but still, the odds were not good before the pitcher went full retard and treated him like Mike Trout.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.