Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. What's Fields' defense like at 3B? Does he project as a 3B in MLB? I have to imagine that within the next year he will a) learn how to play LF, or "b)" be traded.
  2. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 12:39 AM) He might be good for one inning in certain games, but I don't expect much from him otherwise. In most his outings of late, he gets through his first inning fine, and then totally dies in the second. Besides, two of his outs today were JUST missed. I agree, if he can string together some MEDIOCRE outings (damn the expectations have fallen for him) he'll have use as the mop-up guy. If he can't even do that, he needs to be DFA.
  3. Sweet, I luv posts like this because then I get to go back into the archives of ESPN and prove them wrong. Lets see, on this date in 2003 the Sox were...43-46, and had been outscored 372-382. This year they are...57-31 and have outscored opponents 520-415. But sure, these two teams are exactly alike.
  4. QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) That's hilarious! Young has yet to play in the majors, and I seriously doubt that you've ever seen him play (color me presumptuous), but we can just go ahead and put him down for 3000 hits and 900 stolen bases, correct? He is tearing up AAA this year so far. I posted a comment over at SSS that he'll be at least a league average CF for the next 8 years and one guy got all pissed and said how could I presume that. Um, maybe 'cause Young was rated the best prospy in the Sox last year and BA had him at #6 in MLB at one point?
  5. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:18 PM) Uh yeah, I would say so. This is where we differ then...ERA+'s of 92 and 99 the last too years, K/9 down again this year, he's trending down if you ask me. He could still pull it out.
  6. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:06 PM) Yeah, and that was the price we paid to get a good starter as our #5. Apples and oranges could be compared your way as well if you like. Javier Vasquez is a good starter?
  7. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:05 AM) 9-4 is not a bad record. Just saying. Sox are playing great and our number five starter is 9-4. Look at it that way. Do you remember Danny Wright? How about Schoenweis? Josh Stewert? Who do you like as your NUMBER FIVE starter? I don't think those guys had the best offense in baseball behind them. They weren't traded for a young stud and another decent reliever as well. And they sure as hell weren't making 10.5 million dollars. Sorry, try again.
  8. The cubs are 1/2 game in front of the Royals. The Cubs' payroll is over 4x greater than the Royals'.
  9. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:26 PM) He's been dishing out more meatballs than the Olive Garden lately. Don't let Tommy Lasorda know... Ozzie has given Pollitte about 5 times as much rope as he needed to hang himself. He's been hanging from the tree since May, it's time to cut him down.
  10. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:34 PM) So is it Politte time yet? Only if the Sox score another 5 runs. Even than, I'd have a short hook!
  11. Jeez, we're making this Briton guy look like a world beater. I guess Britton has been pretty good thsi year.
  12. Knowing Ozzie he'll probably put Politte in, to "see if he can pitch the big inning".
  13. Well we're into the 7th with 3 pitchers used. Hopefully Ozzie leaves Cotts in for another.
  14. I see Uribe took a walk. Wow. Color me impressed.
  15. Time for Vasquez to step it up.
  16. I think you'll mostly enjoy this guys. The author lays out a roadmap for the Sox in their attempt to become a dynasty. I disagreed with a few points (On Owens chances especially), but mostly he's done his homework on the Sox, like the moves KW has made, and is spot on with who needs to come and go in the next few years. Are the Sox the next baseball Dynasty?
  17. Hawk's just too busy trying to forget he was ever a GM.
  18. His great outing tonight only lowered his ERA to 5.30. He's got quite a bit of work to do to get anywhere near his career averages.
  19. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:11 AM) It used to hold 6,000-7,000 more people. They most likely will not get to 3 million this season, but they will be very close. Cool. I attended a game at "New Comiskey" in '93 I believe , when I was 10 years old. I remember being amazed at the escalators, after my dad had schooled me well on the steps at Comiskey. I remember it being packed and that s*** about the escalators, but not much else.
  20. Good news, but I find it hard to believe the park didn't sell-out more games the year it opened--was it '92?
  21. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:56 PM) Well, you opened up the ERA>Wins can of worms. Watch for: Jerome Robertson comments. Shawn Estes comments. Roger Clemens comments. Ha, I've spilt the can all over, but nobody seems to be picking up the bait!
  22. QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:50 PM) ^^^ Yea, he just knows how to win...
  23. QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:30 PM) Bottom line: 8 wins 3 losses. I don't care if he has a ERA under 2 or over 8...this team wins, no matter what. Look out Tigers...here we come. Bottom line is he's lucky the offense has bailed him out. Everytime someone uses a pitcher's W/L as the "end all" I die a little inside. He's pitching well of late though, good job JG!
  24. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:14 PM) thxmuch I kinda figured I would be a little off Well said man. I probalby should have just said that instead!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.